2015 ACC / Conference tournaments open thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation 2015 ACC / Conference tournaments open thread

Viewing 21 posts - 151 through 171 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    MrPlywood
    Participant

grrrrr. forced to pull for Dook so they can knock off the Holes.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Anderson is hurting UVa. He’s just not even close to being game ready. Bennett has some tough decisions to make going forward.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Mike Brey looks drunker than usual.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Anderson shooting at all did hurt Virginia. That’s tough.

I would have liked to have seen that Brogdon / Johnson play called as a jumpball. I thought it was either a jumpball or a foul … instead, turnover on Virginia. Virginia had possession on a jumpball. Pretty big no call in a one point game.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Looks like one team came in a little full of themselves after last night … State might beat Duke for the third time this season tonight.

Fastback68
    Participant

WTF? UVA lost. Was it legit or ref related?

Wufpacker
    Participant

Not sure if this should make us feel better or worse.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I’d say legit. Others, especially UVa fans, are likely to disagree.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Legit. Couple of iffy calls late – the turnover play I referenced and they missed a Meeks lane violation – but UVa played catch-up the whole game.

Re: ND game – not doubling Okafor and then driving right at him on defense has been effective. Colson for ND has been impressive.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

ND carving them up. Hat tip to Mike Brey for this first half.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Colson is destroying Duke. I didn’t want an all blue final, but the Irish are certainly beatable. Going to be interesting.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Well, I thought Dook was the only option. But dammit ND, if you pull this off you better beat the Holes too.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Allen continues to prove himself a ******* ********** tonight as he goes up for a 3 and pulls the old Jared Dudley move of flopping down on the floor after a 3-point shot. I really wish they would start calling those offensive fouls.

Man that kid is hateable.

Wufpacker
    Participant

ND gonna choke it away.

Gonna have to hear about Battle of the Blues III for the next 24+ hours.

Media blackout might be necessary.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Never mind.

Fastback68
    Participant

And just like that, the clouds break. Irish win. Duke blew their entire wad last night. ND attacked from the get go.

MrPlywood
    Participant

I kind of enjoyed looking at all the sad Dookie faces on the bench.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

From the beach… it appears Coach Rat overplayed his hand last night and did not leave enough on the table to finish the game tonight… losing by 10 to the Irish who on paper would have lost by 10 in a straight up regular season game…

———————–
    It’s guaranteed that Uncle Roy goes all in, including a repeat of his best Bob Knight imitation if necessary, to win the Championship… which almost automatically ensures that the Holes lose in the first round of the NCAAs…

The irony here is that Uncle Roy is the Coach, if you remember, who declared the ACC Tournament to be totally meaningless, nothing more than the biggest cocktail party every year in North Carolina.

The problem with that is that Nobody in light blue will care as they get to hang another banner in the Dome, right next to all the illegitimate ones hung over the last twenty years… So we might as well get ready for that BS.

ACC Tournament Coaching at it’s finest….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Fastback68
    Participant

So a team that beat Duke the first go round, then got trounced by Duke in round two, beat Duke in round three by taking it straight at them. Duly noted for future reference.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Roy keeps doing this very bizarre thing – where when something suddenly doesn’t go his way (as has been known to happen in the game of basketball), he drops to his knees, or his bum, exasperated, just sits there, does nothing, as if the basketball Gods have betrayed him. It’s really weird. And if some other lesser accomplished coach did it, would immediately be lambasted. Strange.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

he drops to his knees, or his bum, exasperated, just sits there, does nothing, as if the basketball Gods have betrayed him

Hahahahaha that’s a good way of putting it. “It feels like Haiti every time we screw up! WHY HAVE YOU ABANDONED ME BBALL GODS?!?”

Think I’ll close this thread and open up a fresh one for today and tomorrow. Shouldn’t take me too long.

Viewing 21 posts - 151 through 171 (of 171 total)
  • The topic ‘2015 ACC / Conference tournaments open thread’ is closed to new replies.