2015 ACC / Conference tournaments open thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation 2015 ACC / Conference tournaments open thread

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

Conference tournaments are in full swing across the country and today the 2015 ACC tournament will get underway.

Since Syracuse is a party-pooper, this year’s bracket had to be restructured a bit and today’s games will feature seeds 11-14. At 1pm, #12 Boston College will face #13 Georgia Tech and at ~ 3pm #11 Wake Forest will face #14 Virginia Tech. Both games will be available on Espn2 today, otherwise you should be able to stream them on theacc.com .

There have been a few conference tournaments already decided, while the rest of the power conferences and others will get their respective tournaments underway tomorrow or Thursday. Please feel free to share your thoughts on the various tournaments’ happenings. We’ll also keep an eye on various bubble teams across the country. Here are some relevant links:

Tourney winners so far | Espn Championship week | Daily scoreboard | Conference tourney schedules/results

Bubble Watch (updated daily) | Espn bracketology | Cbssports bracketology | NCAA Selection Committee Sheets (updated daily)

ACC tournament history

BJD95
    Keymaster

I for one, look forward to this fine shitshow.

WRAL isn’t even bothering to interrupt teh stories to show these fine games. So ESPN2 it is. So sad.

Texpack
    Participant

In the word of Coach Case it’s Tournamenttime.

BJD95
    Keymaster

New guy in my office has a Case statue. Think I will bow before it tomorrow for luck.

redisgood
    Participant

Kennedy Meeks unlikely to play tomorrow. He hasn’t been practicing, and has a yet to be diagnosed illness.

PittsburghPackFan
    Participant

NEC Final tips at 7, also on ESPiN2. Let’s go Bobby Mo!

RMU Colonials

Texpack
    Participant

New guy in my office has a Case statue. Think I will bow before it tomorrow for luck.

My Dad says that when Case was quoted in the paper, tournamenttime was always one word. I’m sure his teams weren’t as good as Texpack Sr. remembers, but they did manage to dominate the SoCon/ACC Tournaments for many, many years.

The last time I had this kind of feeling about our chances in the ACC Tournament was 1983. No lie. I’m not sure why, but it’s the same feeling.

Tech and BC providing a close game for TV.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Of course GT blew a 6 point lead with 1:30 to play … Could still win

BJD95
    Keymaster

I napped until the 7:00 mark. What a GT ending. Poor bastards.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Yeah, same – nappy time. Impossible not to feel bad for GT.

BC has a much better chance of giving the Cheats a game though … Hope Hanlan rips them a new one.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Thank you Seth Greenberg for talking some sanity and reality when it comes to the Cheats.

It’s been absolutely stunning listening to the talk of the Cheats just magically reaching the finals going through BC, Louisville, and Virginia. Miami has shown more potential than the Cheats. At least Miami has shown the ability to beat a top 5 team … the Cheats have a lonely one-point home win over Louisville (who can barely score), that’s it. Aside from the Louisville win and a fluky road win @ State when the Pack didn’t know what they were and Paige played above his season, every other game against good to top competition has been an “L”.

Please BC, end the BS tomorrow and spare us all from hearing more about ‘Cheats magic!’ and Willis Reed moments from Paige and Kennedy Meeks. Vomit, vomit, vomit.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Missed the first game and only just turned on the tourney coverage.
    I’m already getting annoyed at Jay Williams.

Dunno why, but some days I just want to punch him. Other days he doesn’t irk me at all.
    It it him, or is it me?

Wufpacker
    Participant

Bad news…Former Duke ace Stroman out with ACL tear.
    Good news…AL East just got a little easier for my fire sale Os.

Daniel_Simpson_Day
    Participant

Who are you people taking naps in the middle of the day on a Tuesday. Do you have a geriatric nurse bringing you butterscotch pudding too? I kid, I kid. I actually just crawled out from under my desk from my after lunch nap too.

JeremyH
    Participant

oh gersh, GT was up 6 with 1:46 left : ( fouled a three point shooter at 1:10, ouch. Let’s see if UNC can neutralize Hanlan. Who are we pulling for in that game?

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Hey – butterscotch pudding is the tits.

BJD95
    Keymaster

The nice thing about having a very boring professional specialty is that nobody gives a tinker’s damn when I work at home. I get up at 5:40-ish to get my oldest out of bed for high school, cleared my workload by 11 and my caffeine and sense of self-worth ran out at the same time. Glorious.

There are perks to being an old piece of crap!

Wufpacker
    Participant

Did someone say pudding?

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Why would you trade Nick Foles for Sam Bradford? Has Bradford even completed a full game yet?

BJD95
    Keymaster

Did that for reals just happen? I saw that RW now has Jimmy Graham to throw to, which is nice.

wufpup76
    Keymaster
    BJD95
    Keymaster

Man, I looked up that Bradford deal and it seems the Iggles are also GIVING THE RAMS a pick in the swap. Even if it’s a 7th, that’s just cray-cray. It’s Chuck McGill territory, here.

“Did you ground yourself, Jimmy?”

Wufpacker
    Participant

Woo hoo, our first Saul reference. This is a momentous occasion.

Texpack
    Participant

My son the Rams fan is on cloud nine over the trade. Foles hasn’t been arrested before so I’m not sure if he and Fisher will get along.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Would this be Wake’s first non-home win of the season??

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 171 total)
  • The topic ‘2015 ACC / Conference tournaments open thread’ is closed to new replies.