So much going on out there that we couldnâ€™t ignore it all and thought you would appreciate a comprehensive entry following-up on a lot of topics.
This couldnâ€™t be more classic.
The picture to the left was taken by the N&O/Charlotte Observerâ€™s Robert Willett after Monday nightâ€™s NCAA Championship game and served as the front page for the Charlotte Observer.Â A better version of the picture can be seen by clicking here. Do us a favor and click there to drive some traffic in return for us posting the pic; and, while you are â€˜surfingâ€™ why not hit our new Google ads a bit 🙂
I want you to take note of Tyler Hansbrough right arm and the odd positioning of his body while he is running.Â Compare his â€˜runningâ€™ posture to that of every other player in the picture (and every other player in the world).Â Sheeshâ€¦Hansbrough is friggin pushing-off and attempting to slow down the faster Wayne Ellington as the Tarheels storm the court to celebrate.Â Some things never change, eh?Â It is not even natural when you look at positioning of his body.Â I am 100% serious, who runs like that?Â â€˜Psycho Tâ€™ is so accustomed to knocking around others that he literally cannot step onto the court even in celebration without creating some kind of contact with people around him.Â We later learned that this contact resulted in Hansbrough shooting two extra free throws hours after the game.
- It appears Wake Forest will experience a 1-1-1 situation between their roster and the NBA as James Johnson is gone; Jeff Teague will test the waters without an agent; and Al Farouq-Aminu will return to Winston-Salem.Â (Link)
- Lots of smoke emerging around Gerald Henderson and Ed Davis. (Link) These are potential â€˜conference transformersâ€™ next year.Â The ACC would be shaping up for someone like NC State to make a move if we were better positioned to take advantage of the changes.
- Out in the desert the great Herb Sendek will lose the services of All-American guard, James Harden.Â (Link) Sendek â€˜coincidentlyâ€™ hired Hardenâ€™s coach just before Harden committed to the Sun Devils; so, it appears Hardenâ€™s old coach will out last him in Phoenix.Â Harden will go down as one of the greatest players in ASU history and will finish his career with a 20-16 conference record and a 1-1 record in his lone NCAA Tournament appearance.Â ASU will have two of their players drafted this summer as all-conference post player, Jeff Pendergraph was a senior.Â Maybe it is becoming more clear why coach Sendek tried to position himself for jobs at Virginia, Georgia and Kentucky this off-season.Â Itâ€™s a shame the Athletics Directors at those schools donâ€™t â€˜know basketballâ€™ like the media and Lee Fowler.
- Sean Millerâ€™s first year at Arizona isnâ€™t going to be easy as he may lose his three best players; two have already jumped. I know that was some good money; but I canâ€™t help but wonder a little about this move.
- If you want more on early entries you will enjoy this link at Rush the Court.Â It is funny to see â€˜unrankedâ€™ Brandon Costnerâ€™s name sitting there.Â Also of interest is Floridaâ€™s Nick Calathes.Â It is good to see Calathesâ€™ name on the list considering his performance against NC State last year and the fact the Gators visit the RBC Center next season.
- Fran McCaffery has reportedly signed a new eight year contract at Siena.Â (Link) I personally think that McCaffery would have ended up at Virginia if the Cavaliers had not landed Tony Bennett (or someone from that similar tier).Â I canâ€™t help but keep my eye on McCaffery.
- Florida Stateâ€™s Leonard Hamilton got a five year contract at Florida State.Â As RTC said, â€˜ensuring another half-decade of mediocrity in Tallahassee.â€™
Roy Williams Haskell? (update)
- Mike Freeman of CBS Sportsline doesn’t seem to be as enamored with the “Aww Shucks” personna of Roy Williams as some: “Williams has been able to pull off one of the neatest tricks in all of sports — portraying himself as a golly-gee guy while quietly being just as cutthroat and bottom line as almost every other person in his profession. The only difference between Jim Calhoun and Williams is public temperament and spoken accent.” That’s not the only firecracker Freeman tosses at Ole Roy’s feet, and it is entertaining reading to be sure. Maybe we should send Freeman a live-feed link to the Roy Williams Show where he jumps on his fans?
- RTC ran a very cool series on the best team of the modern era â€“ UNLV from 1991 won.
- As a follow-up to the previous Hansbrough comments you should take a look at Deadspinâ€™s entry. It is hilarious, as is the video in it that we are including below.