Sleep Peacefully Tonight

Home Forums All StateFansNation Sleep Peacefully Tonight

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  VaWolf82 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

No; it’s not National BBQ Day.

[See the full post at: Sleep Peacefully Tonight]

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

George Orwell may not have uttered the line that ended the post, even though it is frequently attributed to him:

People Sleep Peacefully in Their Beds at Night Only Because Rough Men Stand Ready to Do Violence on Their Behalf

freshmanin83
    Participant

Thank you for the post VaWolf82. May God bless America. May God bless the families of those who have fallen in service of their country.

Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.

Pack78
    Participant

We are the land of the free because of the brave-thanks to all…

Becton901
    Participant

That’s a powerful way to remember the fallen. Thank you.
    I spent a good part of the afternoon tidying up my Dad’s grave (and Mom’s and uncles’).
    It’s a peaceful cemetery out in the country. No noise, nice breeze, and overlooking grain fields and forests. A good place to remember and appreciate the deeds of the fallen.
    Dad was a P-51 pilot in the European theatre. He lost several good friends, but did return to have a family and live a long life.

john of sparta
    Participant

Orwell:
    Even as it stands, the Home Guard could only exist in a country where men feel themselves free. The totalitarian states can do great things, but there is one thing they cannot do: they cannot give the factory-worker a rifle and tell him to take it home and keep it in his bedroom. THAT RIFLE HANGING ON THE WALL OF THE WORKING-CLASS FLAT OR LABOURER’S COTTAGE, IS THE SYMBOL OF DEMOCRACY. IT IS OUR JOB TO SEE THAT IT STAYS THERE.

44rules
    Participant

Fine sentiments all around. Thanks, VA.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

Texpack
    Participant

My Uncle Al passed away this past year. He was a Marine in Europe in WWII. My Dad said he talked about seeing one soldier after another pick up the American flag after the previous bearer was killed or wounded. My family is very fortunate to have never lost anyone in war. I’m grateful for the sacrifice of so many other families that has kept us free.

rthomas44
    Participant

Sorry, but we’re not going to discuss politics or even military strategy/incompetence on this thread.

VaWolf82

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.