Sleep Peacefully Tonight

Home Forums All StateFansNation Sleep Peacefully Tonight

Viewing 13 posts - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Becton901
    Participant

Thank God there’s no bickering on this site.

McCallum
    Participant

Gotta agree with Becton.

The world is so much better because it is inclusive and tolerant.

It is nearly as exciting as an episode of Rhoda.

McCallum

Becton901
    Participant

I would make some snarky comment on the Vichy president, but it would probably attract moths to the flame from the other site.

McCallum
    Participant

I like it when moths come to the flame. Beats the hell out of watching the paint dry.

I doubt they realize they are sucking the fun out of life.

2 + 2 = whatever

McCallum

McCallum
    Participant

You gotta love the silence of tolerance, diversity and inclusion.

Like the Maoists they’ve unknowingly imitated, just keep to party line……I mean sports.

McCallum

McCallum
    Participant

Hmmmmm

Hubert Davis is the new coach at the People’s Republic of chapel hill.

I wonder if the Thigpen lawyer from Robbins is still bragging about ol’ Hubie pouring the coal to his daughter back in the day.

Peace out

McCallum

Becton901
    Participant

Any of you old farts still get notifications of posts here?

McCallum
    Participant

Nah.

Have they killed the other site as well?

McCallum

Becton901
    Participant

Nope, it’s still the same old pissing match between rational people and irrational dumbasses. There’s a couple of threads that I read occasionally. One about covid lockdown jokes, and one about “I learned something new today”. So far the pissing and moaning haven’t reached those threads yet.

With the appointment of the new czar of misinfo, real news may be hard to come by.

McCallum
    Participant

Bec,

I was making reference to Packfanswithnothingtotakeaboutnation.

The PackPride booted me back in 03-04. Between the Chamber of Commerce crowd and the neo-con loonies, my strident comments had me out of there in about 1 week.

But here in our little green valley humor still abounds; children are still picked on/belittled, a range of intolerant jokes are told and we piss in the sink when nobody is looking.

McCallum

Becton901
    Participant

I never perused packfansnation. After reading your post, I made the attempt, but apparently you have to make an account to see anything. Not happening.

Becton901
    Participant

Anyone awake?

Becton901
    Participant

So,
    I had to travel down east for work and on the way back I diverted a bit so I could stop by the campus. During summer break thankfully.
    It had been quite a long while since I’d been back. Probably 25-30 years.
    Sat peacefully in the Quad for a while. Did a little daydreaming while remembering the pranks we pulled. We had a first floor room that was ground level. We put an outdoor speaker just outside our window hidden in the bushes by the walkway to Berry dorm. Had a microphone hooked up through our amplifier. For about a week we’d snort like a pig at unsuspecting chicks when they were just past the speaker. Later,when word got around, we just started talking to them.

Next thing, tennis ball cannons were a big thing on those long hallways. When I went home one weekend,I noticed that the inside diameter of a telescoping screwjack post was a little larger than a tennis ball. With a little modification it became the macdaddy of all tennis ball guns. We could stand at one end of the hall and shoot through the window of the other end. RA never said a thing.

Anyway, I ended up finding the bookstore. It’s not in the same place. Bought a sweatshirt for my daughter.

Walked over to Mitch’s and had a nice meal and a couple beers. Damn. Long time ago. Talked to the manager. Told him I still had one of their glass pitchers that somehow ended up being tossed over the edge of the stairs and caught by my buddy. He said if I ever made it back, bring the pitcher and they’d put it up on the wall.
    I think they probably use plastic ones now.

All that to say, I truly hope that we can sleep peacefully in the future, but I’m afraid that our young men only died to temporarily preserve that peace.

Becton

Viewing 13 posts - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.