Your “It’s Not Danny Manning’s Fault But I Still Don’t Like Him” WF Open Thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation Your “It’s Not Danny Manning’s Fault But I Still Don’t Like Him” WF Open Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 227 total)
  • Author
    BJD95
    Keymaster

Whatever it takes, get Archie in here. All costs. Dissolve the football program if need be. (Obviously I kid about the football program.. we simply need to just turn them into a cheap empty money making shell… hey good news not much work needs to be done in that respect)

SIGH. That was our absolute FLOOR in the SEC East, you know. What a beautiful dream that was.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Perhaps… it’s better not to waste the energy and emotion on something that’s not going to happen as fast nor as quick as we’d like.

I don’t know how fast anything will happen, but I do know that I can’t speed the process up. So I intend to waste no energy/emotion on it.

Rick
    Keymaster

Gott’s short comings as a coach have been obvious fire a long while but he is even worse this year. It’s either Lutz leaving our his motivation is gone.
    My money says Yow keeps him and we miss out on Archie.

Rick
    Keymaster

Btw kudos to you guys who watched another train wreck.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Direct, substantial pressure should be applied, if only to make the inertia-laden folks sweat.

If they make us waste another season (or God help us, somehow even longer) and drain the roster of even more talent, we just make the rebuild that much harder and less appealing.

And one should keep that in mind with respect to one’s financial decisions.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

It’s clear to me… all that “Talent” we were told we had, excl. Anya and Abu… was “RAW” and oversold …

There’s NOBODY on our team that wouldn’t benefit from a minimum of THREE years at NCState.
    As it is… this Team is 2 years away from being Top Twenty… and that’s only if it stayed intact… which is unlikely…

We need to fire our “promo guy” or girl, as the case may be….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    BJD95
    Keymaster

Btw kudos to you guys who watched another train wreck.

Hey, some people pay hundreds of dollars per hour to be whipped, demeaned, and otherwise abused, at least those of us wolven sort who have financially divested are getting our “jollies” fer free…

BJD95
    Keymaster

It’s clear to me… all that “Talent” we were told we had, excl. Anya and Abu… was “RAW” and oversold …

There’s NOBODY on our team that wouldn’t benefit from a minimum of THREE years at NCState.
    As it is… this Team is 2 years away from being Top Twenty… and that’s only if it stayed intact… which is unlikely…

We need to fire our “promo guy” or girl, as the case may be….

No, this is what college basketball IS nowadays. Most coaches would KILL for this roster. It just has to be COACHED. One can’t roll out a ball, Guy Lewis-style. Or play favorites and lose the locker room. Again.

Wulfpack
    Participant

That is absolutely NOT clear to me – and many others whose opinion I respect. This is on the coach.

TMD11
    Participant

This program needs new coaching. That’s all that needs to be said.
    Listening, Yow?

Rick
    Keymaster

That is absolutely NOT clear to me – and many others whose opinion I respect. This is on the coach.

The is more than enough talent to not be dfl

BJD95
    Keymaster

And again…one is talking “fire the coach or fire the GM” who really cares. He’s responsible, and it’s the 2nd consecutive dumpster fire. Gotta go, gotta go.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Comments after calming down and getting home in the rain from the game.

Crowd was pretty good. Better than any home game this year. Most WERE NCSU fans. hardly saw one WFU gold/black in the Champions Club. No real WFU chatter or cat calls from the stands. The Press side was still sparse, but most other sections were pretty full. That was good to see.

The calls, hard to critique from the second level, were biased during the first half. Maybe 8 or so to go in the first half. We were at 9 or 10 and WFU was around 3. OUCH. Probably lucky (not LUCKEY) to be down only 1 at the half. TO’s were killing us.

Second half, we had some spunk. Now remember (CRS?), we were up maybe 9 at one point. We are drifting down. At the 8 to go, the fouls are WFU 9 and NCSU 3. SO, the playing field has been leveled. GOTT is working one official. He gave up on Luckey….

THEN, the carnage began. Seems like the NCSU guys can’t cross midcourt without committing an offense. And THEN, WFU starts on a FT clinic. They shot 88% from the line. They got 13 MORE points from the FT line. Need I say more.

However, the DEFENSIVE Prowess was not on the floor. DJS looks like a “Spooked” PG. When he is double teamed, he can NOT locate the open man. There is always ONE when 2 are on him. He is NOT the salvation….more of a “I can CARRY YOU CJL (suffers from CJLS). We just had no consistency….shots not falling….however, we did improve on our TO’s….if that is any solace?

LUTZ is the problem. No one told Gott that Lutz was the sole proprietor of our Defense. Sort of like Patty McCrory NOT suppling ORC with the passwords for the NCS Gubbermint Social Media accounts. My GOD….Patty should be gang assaulted by Rosie and Madonna and Cher and Jane Fonda and HRC. That would show him. He would be a great sacrifice for the Women FOR My SEXuAL OPPS CAN BE CORRECTED. I am NOT totally pro-life….there has to be a compromise….but folks seem more addicted to it than crack….

Back on point. Coach Gottfried seems totally lost. Every once and a while, one of the assistants will jump us and shout instructions.

For those of you that never watched the games last year, Bobby Lutz would Call out the play that the Opposition was running as they inbounded the ball. He could tell by the position of the receiver and the next guy WHAT they were going to run. One coach, off the record, said that Lutz was better at calling his Offense than he was.

THAT is what we cut loose. Coach Gottfried has lost focus….or maybe he is focused on what awaits him at home. Maybe, he no longer “hunts” and that had dimmed his competitive spirit.

I am very disgusted…..WOW, what a confession….

We will probably (NOT….this is NCSU) go over and whip the Dookies rear….doubt it….it will be a signature (highest Duke score in Cameron and lowest opponent point total also). Capel will be heralded as a genius…

The season is NOT going well….

choppack1
    Participant

Nope. We are getting exactly what was expected. Hiring Gott wasn’t stupid… Giving him a contract extension was.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

LUTZ is the problem.

Check that Tony…

NO LUTZ is one problem…

For those of you that never watched the games last year, Bobby Lutz would Call out the play that the Opposition was running as they inbounded the ball. He could tell by the position of the receiver and the next guy WHAT they were going to run. One coach, off the record, said that Lutz was better at calling his Offense than he was.

^THIS is Gold.

The season is NOT going well….

The under#STATEMENT of 2017… beats anything Mr. Trump has said as POTUS….

POP!!!

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

And again…one is talking “fire the coach or fire the GM” who really cares. He’s responsible, and it’s the 2nd consecutive dumpster fire. Gotta go, gotta go.

People talk about “talent” as if that makes any difference in evaluating Gott. There are no trophies handed out on based on recruiting stats; only on wins/losses. Thus that’s the most important stat when evaluating a coach….which leads us back to BJD’s conclusion.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

We are UNDER achieving in every sense of the word. It’s a damn joke.. time to cut bait.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Duke and Louisville on deck. 2-7, baby. Book it.

mak4dpak
    Participant

And the slide continues!

choppack1
    Participant

I went into this year thinking of we barely squeaked into the tournament it would be proof we couldn’t get enough talent under Gott to be better than a 7 seed.

Give him credit – he is screaming as loud as he can: “Get rid of me now!!!!”

rthomas44
    Participant

I don’t know why but I have a bad feeling that GOTT will get a pass for an “off year” and will be back.

packer74
    Participant

Dumpster fire? More like a smoldering pile of goo at the landfill. With 11 games to go, 7 almost certain losses and 4 slim chances for a win. Coupled with last season and he has to be axed.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I don’t know why but I have a bad feeling that GOTT will get a pass for an “off year” and will be back.

I thought the pass was last year.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Dumpster fire? More like a smoldering pile of goo at the landfill.

Ya’ll ever seen a “closed landfill” with nice green grass on the surface?

Then you know, they GOTT these pipes sticking up a couple feet here and there with the “eternal flames” of the burning methane deep below the surface.

mak4dpak
    Participant

Just watched a video of the out of bound call, and Henderson was clearly in bounds, with a chance to tie the game. But Jamie Luckie stated he didn’t need to review it, because he made the correct call, and he was wrong. Shame when officiating decides an outcome of a game. No we did not play great, but when we had a chance, an incompotent official made a bad call.

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 227 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.