Your “It’s Not Danny Manning’s Fault But I Still Don’t Like Him” WF Open Thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation Your “It’s Not Danny Manning’s Fault But I Still Don’t Like Him” WF Open Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 227 total)
  • Author
    Adventuroo
    Participant

BOTB,

First, Duke just anhilated Miami. Technically, it was the comeback of the year. Duke outscored the U by 23 in the second half. Capel took charge. Monday may be ugly!

Second, the fires in the burn off wells or gas vents are on the surface. If the methane can not be captured, it is dangerous. You get hydrogen sulfide gas from the combustion. You also run the risk of damaging the liner and the leachate can get into groundwater.

So, you vent off the gas and burn it to prevent a subsurface fire.

Wake county put in a collection system for the one off Poole Road. A local firm uses it in their process….Or did. A dumpster fire can be put out. A landfill or a peat moss fire….Not so easy. You measure progress by the week

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

B’rer ‘Roo… that’s why I love and hate engineers…

of course, you’re right in the specifics…

I was just telling the time… not how to build a watch….

MY broader point was that what we see on the court is only the visible of a much deeper, systemic, set of long term problems.

At NCState, we’ve been burying our Sh#t for years… mostly underneath new atheltic facilities and boner marketing programs. Sooner or later, maybe we’ll learn HOW NOT to have Sh#t to bury.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    VaWolf82
    Keymaster

4 slim chances for a win.

I don’t know anything about their algorithms, but teamrankings.com only gave State greater than 50/50 odds of winning two more ACC games. WF in Raleigh was one of those two. Even more sad, both games were in the low 50s%.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Monday may be ugly!

That has always been a given.

McCallum
    Participant

Like I said, 5-11.

McCallum

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Ahhh, another record-breaking game. In all the wrong ways.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Seems like the NCSU guys can’t cross midcourt without committing an offense

Now if only they could figure out how to commit a defense.

choppack1
    Participant

Yep PIR.

Here’s the thing…In year 6, what a coach is seeking to “build” and how he plans on building it is or at least should be pretty obvious.

Coming into this year, Gott scrambled and put together a very talented roster – with some talented pieces that were already returning. We were hoping against reality that year 5 was the fluke, that the reason we weren’t consistent was due to youth, injuries, bad attitudes and chemistry and bad officiating. Through it all, one thing has remained constant and the constant is the same as it was during his tenure at Bama – Gottfried.

Wulfpack
    Participant

A team with this talented of a roster has no business going 5-11. If that is to be the case, and it does appear that is the direction we’re headed, then Gott must be shown the door at the end of the year.

Wulfpack
    Participant

There are actually now 18 league games. We may be able to win 3 more by my count – so 5-13 is my best guess.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I’m not impressed with ole Leonard ole chap.. in 15 years he’s got one sweet sixteen. Meh.

Wulfpack
    Participant

He also has a tourney championship…at FLORIDA STATE.

BJD95
    Keymaster

He also has a tourney championship…at FLORIDA STATE.

THIS. Should really have our collective heads hanging in shame.

Proposing this as new fight song:

McCallum
    Participant

I’m sticking with 5-11.

McCallum

packalum44
    Participant

Welcome to the party. About 3-4 years late when I started calling for his head but was chided off the threads.

Rumor had it that Archie has a free/cheap buy-out clause if his alma mater called.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I’m sticking with 5-11.

McCallum

Good point. We all may be nuked by China before the season ends, have to factor that in. Will only have 25 minutes or so to gloat, assuming you live within a reasonable distance of RTP and/or Shearon Harris like I do, though.

McCallum
    Participant

^
    I’m up in the mountains of north Georgia on a compound.

No worries here: distance, food, fire power.

McCallum

BJD95
    Keymaster

well, you prolly get like, 2-3 months then. Unless you are hard core survivalist (with a REALLY good, sealed environment), then you might make it a year, which would be pretty interesting to live through, really.

Me, as a bag of ashes you could fit in a Target bag, would always be curious to know how reality matches the NatGeo channel depictions of what we THINK will happen. I like apocalyptic stuff. Intellectually interesting.

Packzingo
    Participant

assuming we survive the Apocalypse 🙂
    curious about a simple question for Yow: Is there another P5 program that would be interested in Gott following the
    past year and current years performance? IF the answer is as I expect a “NO”, then how can she justify retaining him and his staff?

TheCOWDOG

^
    I’m up in the mountains of north Georgia on a compound.

No worries here: distance, food, fire power.

McCallum

What a wuss. Compound. Who needs a stinkin’ compound?

…the real Bob Lee.

McCallum
    Participant

well, you prolly get like, 2-3 months then. Unless you are hard core survivalist (with a REALLY good, sealed environment), then you might make it a year, which would be pretty interesting to live through, really.

Me, as a bag of ashes you could fit in a Target bag, would always be curious to know how reality matches the NatGeo channel depictions of what we THINK will happen. I like apocalyptic stuff. Intellectually interesting.

No worries, the world will go out with a whimper not a bang.

I can’t imagine the lifeless mundaneness of a cul de sac in north Raleigh where the roads and shopping centers are ringed with Bradford pear trees.

the Cowdog,

No guard towers, no fencing just lots and lots of Hemlocks, trout, Mnt laurel on and on and on.

There is a tract on the Chattahoochee with the finest old growth timber I’ve ever seen on private land this side of the Mississippi.

The bounty on your head still stands.

McCallum

Adventuroo
    Participant

At least Wes & the Ladies pulled off a win. Touch & Go until Q4. Then it was over.

Could not hit broad side (is that PC OK?) of cattle abode. …

But it is a W.

Some joy in Pack land.

A D Yow NOT in attendance.

TheCOWDOG

As Juaquin Murrieta said:

” Y yo, Gringo. Voy a estar en el agujero de pesca.”

Might have been a Yow quote, though.

Greywolf
    Participant

I’m appreciative for the progress with this regime..

This is his 6th year. What progress are you talking about?

Adventuroo
    Participant

CD,

I would have thought you would have quipped….

“Y yo, Gringo, estaré con el coño caliente”…

However, if it was yesterday, it might have been….

“Y yo, Gringo, estaré con los coños bulliciosos y mudo”

Ain’t being bilingual wonderful….traveled to Mexico and Brazil about 25 times during my tenure and never learned but a few words…..and now Google makes it simple.

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 227 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.