Why do we bother caring?

Home Forums All StateFansNation Why do we bother caring?

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 181 total)
  • Author
    pakfanistan
    Participant

So are you saying I did not “attack you repeatedly” or that I did?

Are you saying those weren’t directed at me or they were?

Wpack222
    Participant

I’m glad I don’t have kids to send to school clad in state gear. It’d be near child abuse. ”

….and you never will.

Rick
    Keymaster

So are you saying I did not “attack you repeatedly” or that I did?

Are you saying those weren’t directed at me or they were?

So that is a no. Gotcha

pakfanistan
    Participant

So that is a no. Gotcha

What are you even talking about? You asked for examples, I gave you several examples.

wat.

Rick
    Keymaster

So that is a no. Gotcha[/quote

What are you even talking about? You asked for examples, I gave you several examples.

No you did not.
    I did not call you dense or irrational or dumb or anything else.
    I did state surprise that you are already an alum, which is still shocking to me. If you took that as an insult I certainly apologize for it.

pakfanistan
    Participant

No you did not.
    I did not call you dense or irrational or dumb.

Jesus Christ it’s like playin’ cards with my brother’s kids or somethin.

I never said you said any of those things.

I said you had repeatedly attacked me, which I then clearly demonstrated for you with your own words from your own posts, directed at me and other posters.

Do you have split personality disorder? Do you suddenly find yourself somewhere with no memory of how you got there?

BTW, I’m still waiting for you to show me where I called you or anyone else dumb.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Triple P, glad to see you’re among the land of the living. Haven’t seen you post in a while. I got a child on the way, so I expect my TV watching time is going to decline as well. Maybe I’ll give up college basketball, cause’ I agree, it’s nearly unbearable to watch. I could hardly stomach the first half last night it was so bad on many different levels.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Rick,

I’m still busy for a while. I won’t be ready for a tag-up till next the weekend.

Rick
    Keymaster

These aren’t directed at me, but…

Wah wah,
    Somebody dares to disagree with the great cowdog.

Either you or cow dog. It is so predictable.

Whatever. You win. The refs are awesome and State sucks.
    That seems to be what you want.

I don’t feel like going back farther than a page in your post history.

So even though you say in this post “they are not directed at me”, your contention is these posts are where I “repeatedly attacked you?

OK, then I apologize for calling you the “great cowdog” and I apologize for calling you “predictable” and saying you win. When I said “cowdog” I was actually referring to the poster known as “cowdog” and when I want to refer to use I try to use the name “packfanistan” since that is your screen name but if you took offense to that and thought I was referring to you when I said “cowdog” I must say I am sorry.

Rick
    Keymaster

Rick,

I’m still busy for a while. I won’t be ready for a tag-up till next the weekend.

Oh I got this.

ncsu1987
    Participant

What is it about this game that drags me back in? Every time I go through this, I swear I have to give it up, that I won’t let it tear the heart out of me. And yet there I was, again, last night – my figurative bowl in hand, figuratively asking the fates “Please, sir, may I have another….”

One of the earlier posts (Ms. Wuffette, perhaps?) rang true for me: you can’t look at aggregate stats to adjudicate the impact of officials. Just because the number of fouls called on both teams was the same doesn’t have anything to do with the impact of an individual call. In three games this year, we’ve had calls with game-changing impact and all three have gone against NC State.

There’s merit to the argument that we had opportunities outside those calls in every game. I 100% agree. In all three, I think, we could have won the game from the free throw line, but we didn’t. So yes, on the missed opportunities.

Why can’t both be true?

And I’m really, really tired of the argument that calling out the refs is “whining” because they should have just executed or “made the play.” That phrase in particular grates on me. Because I counter that with “We DID make the play you’re asking for, it was just taken away.” Wake game: defender DID make the play you wanted, he made the guard change direction and pick up dribble to create the turnover – it just wasn’t called. Syracuse: Kyle and TJ DID make the play you wanted – it was just taken away. UNC: the team DID make the plays at the end of regulation and in OT – they worked the ball into the hands of the ACC’s leading scorer (just like it was drawn up) to put themselves in position to win – it was just taken away. So, in the end, are you really saying “Well, so they should have made one MORE play…?”

When young teams play more talented, more experienced teams, the margin for error from a win perspective is near zero. In games like that, bad calls DO alter the outcome. Yes, one more well executed play or made free throw could have won the game. But when so many good plays WERE made, we shouldn’t be asking for “one more” because of incompetency.

So proud that the staff is able to keep the team playing at this level, even after all the adversity. So proud of the team for responding with such an amazing effort and game. People will be talking about this one for a long time.

pakfanistan
    Participant

There were four additional quotes you conveniently omitted.

I added the last two because I was establishing a pattern of behavior for you.

tjfoose1
    Participant

At least we didn’t get screwed this bad. Or did we?

A double OT playoff game. Guess the refs had dinner reservations.

Rick
    Keymaster

There were four additional quotes you conveniently omitted.

I added the last two because I was establishing a pattern of behavior for you.

Oh I did not know you were serious about those being attacks.
    Since you do I will happily try to make things right with you.
    1) I apoligze for calling you an alumus. I would have thought that was a compliment because I am not embarrassed by that.
    2) I apologize for calling you a fan. Same comment as above.
    3) I apologize for suggesting there was a logical extension to your argument. There must not be one.
    4) I apologize for suggesting your opinion is as valid as Steve Logan’s. That is not the case since you do not want it to be.

There, can we be best buds now?

pakfanistan
    Participant

That is impressive. Do you work in politics?

peshtoofresh
    Participant

Our fan base really disappoints me. You guys act like you’re out there making the plays or coaching these kids. I’d like to see any of you play well on a pickup basketball level. These kids don’t owe us anything. The only thing we can ask is that they go out and play hard. These guys have heart. Get over yourselves, enjoy the game and accept the fact that we aren’t Duke or UNC.

pakfanistan
    Participant

“Rick: A study in revisionist history.”

Let’s examine the validity of the following claims:

1) I apoligze for calling you an alumus. I would have thought that was a compliment because I am not embarrassed by that.
    2) I apologize for calling you a fan. Same comment as above.
    3) I apologize for suggesting there was a logical extension to your argument. There must not be one.
    4) I apologize for suggesting your opinion is as valid as Steve Logan’s. That is not the case since you do not want it to be.

First, the quotes I provided were in reverse chronological order so let’s start with #4

His opinion is every bit as valid as yours and I would have thought more than mine given how much you hate my opinions. But it seems you just ignore anyone who disagrees with you.

See that bolded part that has nothing to do with the validity of yours, mine, or anyone else’s opinion? I don’t hate your opinion, I do hate the absolute, undeniable truth that you haven’t responded to a single point that I’ve made while simultaneously playing the victim. Also, that bolded part by you, that’s called ‘projection’ on your part.

You and I cannot control the team so we should not bother about discussing them. That is the logical extension of your absurd argument.

First claim, my views aren’t worth discussing. Apparently only the refs are worth discussing. Second claim, you were ‘logically’ extending my argument, which is bogus since you had purposefully misrepresented my argument, and then proceeded to call it absurd.

I did not realize you were part of the team. I thought we as fans were discussing the game. My bad.

Further misrepresentation of my position because I apparently am not allowed to use first person pronouns to reference my alma mater.

You said you are an alumnus? I have to admit I figured you were still at State given your seeming inability to argue without calling someone stupid.

Finally, you’re clearly not calling me an alumnus here, you’re implying that I’m immature, and also accusing me of a pattern calling people stupid, which is an outright lie.

But whatever dude, you’re clearly more interesting in antagonizing me than you are actually discussing NC State, or basketball, or anything even vaguely related to the game.

Rick
    Keymaster

Does that mean we are not best buds?

tjfoose1
    Participant

I think he likes me better. Sorry.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

At least we didn’t get screwed this bad. Or did we?
    A double OT playoff game. Guess the refs had dinner reservations.

LOL

tjfoose1
    Participant

^ A clock “malfunction” at Cameron, that greatly aids Duke in winning a one possession ball game in the closing seconds? Wha wha whhaaaat?…. Surely you do not mean to imply some sort of official malfeasance was at hand? Surely you jest?

If Clemson had only played better and been up by three in Duke’s final possession, that would have never happened. It’s their own dumb stupid fault, the big dummies. They gotta learn to overcome those occasion random qwerks in the clock that are part of the game.

Sorry, I’ll stop calling you Shirley.

Rick
    Keymaster

I think he likes me better. Sorry.

I am not sure my heart can take that much disappointment

pakfanistan
    Participant

Whip it good.

TheCOWDOG

THAT horse is sure to run again, Paki.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Giddy up

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 181 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.