Why do we bother caring?

Home Forums All StateFansNation Why do we bother caring?

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 181 total)
  • Author
    TheCOWDOG

^
    And when he does…

We shall name him…?

The Great Lucky

MrPlywood
    Participant

You can lead a horse to facts but you can’t make him think.

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

Foose, the pink one …. it looks like pink lemonade! That would be delightful.

I will now change the argument to reflect that the colors match the refs’ underwear. There’s probably a piece of tape with “KH” on the bottom of it.

If refs looked like this, I would never complain again.

Actually, are we SURE that those are water coolers?

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

BTW..if ref looked like this….would never, ever complain about him again.

BTW #2, great joy in posting this pic!! Women lurkers, you’re welcome!

Iremember87
    Participant

I’ve read 7 pages on this thread on whether refs did or did not cost us the game. Take the video on this page and turn it around….Let’s say Mcadoo has the ball and let’s say Warren and Vandy are attacking him step for step as shown in the video. Exact same scenario just flip it around…Does anyone have any doubt that Warren or Vandy don’t get called for a foul??? No question.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Just a flesh wound.

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

CD- how are you bud?!

I noticed a lot of football guys were on the pro-ref side of the argument. I thought a distinction needed to be made. A lot guys (and girls) have one mindset when it comes to sports. This perspective of the sport has to be recognized. In football, refs do not have the opportunity to affect the outcome as often and deep as in basketball. The rhythm of the game is much different. Football guys have a different mentality, which doesn’t apply to basketball.

Mr. Bum on the Beach, which is stated out of kind jealousy, is who originally inspired my thoughts on this. I know he posts a lot in football too and I like his thinking on most of the issues. He’s very balanced. But you are just swimming in that bucket too and probably more so, aren’t you? I do respect ya’ll and other football followers and also like your logic almost all the time (league freedom walk and refs is where we usually part ways). And yes, you are balanced too!

TheCOWDOG

^
    Thanks for responding Doc. You’d be rather surprised where the water in the bucket comes from.

It ain’t from the football well.

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

Rick- where do I send you beer money? I feel like I owe you and we should take up a collection. Or set up a visiting schedule at the crazy hospital. Can I do the name calling? He’s an insolent lil bastard. (and I’m talking about CD – had to be said)

Pakistan- those were some funny pics!

If I could combine the Paki’s art design with Rick’s words and ref’s undies, I would have my perfect blog.

(I am so kidding CD- much respect your way. So when we say it’s in the water…we are talking about water?)

Rick
    Keymaster

Lol
    I think we all have a little bit of crazy

TheCOWDOG

What did Bogart say?

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

CD- you always make me work. Ok, just googled “water” and “bogart.” What a great quote! Very cool. This is why I don’t like disagreeing with you.

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

Hang in there Rick. I would have lost it on page 4, even with the really great pics.

pakfanistan
    Participant

What did Bogart say?

I think I’m starting to understand you. I think I’ve gotten almost half of the last 10 posts you’ve made.

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

Paki- It’s sometimes a little bit of work but there is a great wisdom reward- most times. Kind of like Confucius. (wish somebody would say that about me!) I was disappointed for a stretch because I was actually understanding his “Faison” dialect posts without the help of extra resources. Of course, it was sad I needed extra resources because I’m from that region.

CD- you’re awesome and fun.

Deuces peeps. Back to lurking.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Dr. Wuf…

First, let me say we don’t hear enough from you in particular, or wolfpack women in general, around here… see you can fix that.. ok!!

As I recall… you have some background (experience) in psychology….so I hope you don’t mind, if I present a hypothetical for your consideration and expert comment.

Let’s say you’ve been hired to observe and evaluate three employment candidates (all graduates from NC State) for a good position with a good company. The job interviews you are observing are conducted by a senior manager, who is an well known NC State alum and consist of just one question.

“Tell me what you thought about the Carolina-State basketball game last night and describe how the game was won or lost.”

Candiate A says…. “It was a great game. Both teams played well, especially our young kids. And that guard from Carolina who made the winning layup was unbelievable in the second half.”

Candiate B says…. “It was a typical State-Carolina game. The refs were hard to handle. They made some head-scatching calls late in the game and alot of fouls were called. If we had made a couple more free throws or one less turnover, we would have won the game, but that just wasn’t in the cards last night.”

Candidate C says… “You’ve looked at my resume and know that I graduated from NC State too…. so it won’t surprise you, when I say ‘We was robbed…’. The refs single handedly made sure that State couldn’t win the game, just like Johnny Swofford has told them to do for the last twenty years. But let’s not talk anymore about that…. you have work that you need done here and I have exactly what you’re looking for in order to get that job done right.”

Ceteris parabus…. what are your recommendations ?

And feel free to fill in whatever blanks (add) in the three interviews you find necessary in order to fully express your evaluations. Please do not fail to recommend one candidate for further consideration.

Also please note… that there are no wrong answers… and no grade will be given. :>}

Oh yeah… for what it’s worth… I’m a basketball guy. Never played a down of organized football in my life…. But sports is all about coaching and coaching is 70% the same stuff (all about people) regardless of the sport being played.

Anyway… fire when ready… no pun intended…..

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    redcanine
    Participant

Who’s rose did you accept?

TheCOWDOG

Rosascanis…with a sweeping bow .

There’s so many sharp peeps in here.

Rick
    Keymaster

Can someone point me to the English translation key as I do not understand what is going on

tjfoose1
    Participant

That picture is a fake. Stormtroopers don’t use bats.

pakfanistan
    Participant

That picture is a fake. Stormtroopers don’t use bats.

Even if they did, they couldn’t hit anything.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Exactly. I think that horse was sleeping and they snuck (sneaked if we want to be proper) up on it for a photo-op.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Even if they did, they couldn’t hit anything.

^Drinking game anyone? I’m down.

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

I don’t think there’s anything fake about any of the pictures above. I think people are just jealous that they don’t have big sticks.

(Threw the match and walking away from this subtopic now.)

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

Bill- that’s a loaded question. You are looking for political correctness.

If I was hiring a PR slot, yeah I would go with your desired answer.

If I was hiring a statistician or engineer, I would want to hire VA Wolf or one of the other brainies here. I would want them to give me numbers to back up any statements.

If I was hiring a basketball player, I would want them to acknowledge the issue and then want to hear that they would “fight through the pain” and win despite the odds.

If I was hiring a basketball coach, I would want them to acknowledge the issue and then say that they would fight for their players and give them the best chance to win. I would also want to hear that they would work through the administration to address any of their concerns about game equity with specific examples of the issue at hand.

If I was hiring an athletic director administrator and a basketball coach, I would be good with Yow and Gott. I think they are trying to change things. Think if Gott didn’t have his pre-established clout (ESPN and media contacts). This league would be KILLING him for standing up to the officials. You don’t see other coaches complaining and there’s a reason why. Swoffy uses that media. Lowe, Fowler,and many of their predecessors completely avoided the situation. So are some of our fans, which makes me sad on the inside. We’ve got to give them support.

Come Bill to the side of goodness!! (could have sworn you were a originally a football guy but knew that you did coach some bball…..have much respect for you)

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 181 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.