Tourney time! NC State vs. Pitt Game Thread!

Home Forums All StateFansNation Tourney time! NC State vs. Pitt Game Thread!

Viewing 25 posts - 301 through 325 (of 330 total)
  • Author
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

But tonight I found myself thinking of him as a clear Senior leader… Regardless of his scoring.

I love Ralston. I might catch some flak for this, but imo he’s an underrated rebounder and while defense is not his strong suit he’s not an awful team defender. He rotates fairly well and is not out of position too much. Not a good on-ball defender, but rotates and closes out well. Lead the team in charges taken this season.

In fact, in the game @ Cheats – the Cheats had the ball down 51-46 and Paige was able to push off Barber and get himself open in the corner. It was Turner that recognized and closed on him – when Paige went in the air he thought twice and attempted a pass which our main on defense, Freeman, rotated down and picked off.

Just sayin’, Turner is not completely ineffective when he’s not hitting 3’s. We need him to hit 3’s though đŸ™‚

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Gentlemen… Cat3.0 has arrove in Greensboro…
    with something to prove…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wolfanatic
    Participant

I’m glad that Ralston kept his ace in his pocket, and saved it for tomorrow….

Here Kitty Kitty…

What does Frenchie need to do to find the basket? Six inches? Give me ten points a night for your minutes played Lennard…

Duck Fuke…

96Fan
    Participant

I agree he needs to hit 3’s. Just seems like now when he shoots a 3, I find myself hoping in goes in instead of putting my arms up in confidence.

44rules
    Participant

RTO has really started to rebound well in the last 10 games or so. I remember listening on the radio in one game and he wound up with 8. He got a few this game and in previous games too. Have also been impressed with Caleb’s rebounding.

With all our rebounding problems early (think GT, Notre Dame, etc.), it seems like our guards/swingmen have made a concerted effort to help out. I mean sure, it’s better when RTO is canning 3s, but it seems he’s learning that he can do other things to help the team when he’s off. Previously, he was just a waste when the jumpers weren’t falling.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

Packzingo
    Participant

Regarding commercials…lmao about the BJ and intercom!!
    Too funny.

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

GOOD GOD WUFPUP, IM BUYING ONE OF THOSE TOMORROW! And I’m not referring to the Hamburger đŸ™‚

Is it me or did our jerseys look like they may be reversible?

wufpup76
    Keymaster

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Packzingo
    Participant

Thanks Wufpup for posting interview. Lacy is a pretty good speaker and gracious.

Texpack
    Participant

<span class=”embed-youtube” style=”text-align:center; display: block;”>[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a78oKgRk7g?version=3&rel=1&fs=1&showsearch=0&showinfo=1&iv_load_policy=1&wmode=transparent&w=640&h=390%5D</span&gt;

Gracias from those of us outside the sphere of influence of Port-a-John Swofford.

YogiNC
    Participant

Cat3.0 has arrove in Greensboro

Bill, he jumped straight over 3.0 and landed square into 4.5. That kitty had CLAWS and FANGS tonight! WOOO!

Smarter than the average bear

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Wufpacker
    Participant

Be Cat…Be Cat…Be Cat.

choppack1
    Participant

Team looked great today. While Turner’s shot wasn’t falling he did a great job on the boards and didn’t force a durn thing. A very mature game.

What’s at stake tomorrow? A 7 seed with a “w”…. And IMHO, we suddenly become a quasi-favorite to win. Personally, I think out guys sans cat and turner and frenchie looked a bit tired…another hidden bonus: Lacy’s foul trouble may have saved his legs a bit.

Tau837
    Participant

Be Cat…Be Cat…Be Cat.

This.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Gary Parrish says NC State is still on the bubble and could be left out if looks bad in a loss to Duke.

idiot.

How many trolls does cbs employ?

ancsu87
    Participant
    ancsu87
    Participant

Oh and send this article to Parrish and tell him to learn how to be a sports writer from it

http://www.tarheelblog.com/2009/09/gary-parrish-takes-his-turn-beating-the-sendek-ncsu-horse

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Gary Parrish says NC State is still on the bubble and could be left out if looks bad in a loss to Duke.

This has to be trolling of the highest order. Another of their writers yesterday was talking about how State was ‘iffy’ if they lost to Pitt. Has to be paranoia clickbait.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

redisgood
    Participant

There is a web site called The Bracket Matrix. They compile bracket predictions onto one spreadsheet. Out of 114 brackets, we are on all 114 of them. Parrish is an idiot.

wolfmanmat
    Participant

Just keep us out of the 8/9 game. Wont get uva or duke, so likely kentucky. Need to get on the 7 line.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I still have a little trouble believing just how dramatically this season turned around, from “hot mess” to “firing on all cylinders.” This is cray-cray even for US, damn it.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^something to do with Coaching… perhaps…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
Viewing 25 posts - 301 through 325 (of 330 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.