Sweet 16 – Pack vs. Louisville!

Home Forums All StateFansNation Sweet 16 – Pack vs. Louisville!

Viewing 25 posts - 451 through 475 (of 521 total)
  • Author
    BJD95
    Keymaster

The easy shots they got is what did us in. Nobody was able to do that all year. And our energy/focus was totally fine. Their plan/execution was excellent, and the relentlessness eventually wore us down. We got off the mat more times than most would have.

ancsu87
    Participant

Giga nailed it. Coaches didn’t do well. Don’t expect much difference in future. However, compared to our recent past, this is heaven to most of you guys.

Diagree. I was around when Valvano team had an 8 OT lead on Kansas in Elite 8 game early second half and played just like we did tonight losing by 8 or so. Not sure what you can bitch about this season when you were replacing TJ Warren and had a lot of unknown parts to put together. I am proud of the kids and the season.

mak4dpak
    Participant

Congrats to the baseball team winning 14-5 over Pitt.

Wulfpack
    Participant

No, preseason rankings don’t matter. But it will be nice to finally have a little respect going forward. We still have to go out and play as a team and win games. But it’ll be nice for a change. We won’t be predicted to finish 10th, I will guarantee you that. Probably 4-6 range.

ancsu87
    Participant

The easy shots they got is what did us in. Nobody was able to do that all year. And our energy/focus was totally fine. Their plan/execution was excellent, and the relentlessness eventually wore us down. We got off the mat more times than most would have.

Exactly we got off the mat when I expected us to fold several times. I would have expected many teams to fold tonight against Louisville’s play.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Let it be fuel for the fire next year. Please, God, don’t let it be a disappointing second act like usual…

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

It was a disappointing performance by most of the team and coaching staff but it’s not a shock to anyone who has watched this team at all this season. They had amazing potential and showed it at various times throughout the season but equally could fall back into bad habits and fall flat. Not shocked in the least in how the tournament played out, what is surprising they got past LSU.

No what is surprising is that you show up with your BS after this game but yet were silent after the Nova game. Oh wait … Not surprising at all.

Yeah because my entire life revolves around getting on a blog win or lose. This team showed exactly what they were all season, streaky. It’s not negative to point out the facts. They would play well for a game or 2 or even less than that. They are what they are. I pull for them to succeed but I don’t ignore what is reality just because I’m a fan.

the_phisherman
    Participant

Pitino has only lost in the Sweet 16 once. We had a fighting chance until the last 5 minutes of the game. Nerves took over and we lost. I have to say that this definitely exceeded expectations this year.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Get ’em boys…

Don’t let the negatives “outweigh” the positives…

Listen to Coach in the postgame presser…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wufpacker
    Participant

Rick
    Keymaster

Exactly we got off the mat when I expected us to fold several times. I would have expected many teams to fold tonight against Louisville’s play.

Getting off the MST was impressive. What would have been nice was not having to get off the mat so consistently.
    But we are what we are.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Anyone else listening to Gottfried’s postgame presser? Did I hear correctly that he said Cat was up all night sick/vomiting?

Freaking Internet Gestapo worked on him.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Shot selection and defense not where they need to be. Ball movement against the matchup zone was bad most of night. Give gott some credit for getting kW in the middle in the first half, but the second half lineups for stretches were beyond bad. Zone on d seemed out of place. Outplayed, out coached. I hate to agree with Kenny smith, but he said it best at the half. With our guards, there’s no excuse for not attacking the matchup zone better and having better shot selection. Frustrating to watch.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I am very pleased with the season. But I’m not gonna lie, this was QUITE the opportunity to advance, and to go FAR. It all lined up for us. Just wasn’t our night.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Off to watch Season 9 of Trailer Park Boys. Now streaming on Netflix. Duke/Secular Big Love on mute in the background. Though Schadenfreude isn’t gonna lift my depression this weekend.

Glad we didn’t play on Thursday, I couldn’t deal with a client tomorrow.

Rick
    Keymaster

And thus begins the ‘moral victory’ parade.
    You can’t deny the fact that this was the best chance we might ever see to get into the final four and we soiled ourselves.
    But wtny

13OT
    Participant

As far as I’m concerned, the only ACC team now left is Duke. I will never accept Notre Dame and Louisville as true ACC schools, and since John Swofford is responsible for their presence in the ACC, I won’t pull for any of the former Big East teams, EVER (except for Virginia Tech).

I’m not as disappointed with State’s performance as many on here seem to be, but I swear, the tv announcers sounded to me like they were on the Louisville network instead of CBS. You can bet the CBS Bigshots are pulling for MSU in the next one, and it seemed to me that Lundquist was their megaphone tonight.

It’s beginning to again look like most of the post-shot clock era NCAATs, where Cinderella is long gone while the gorillas rule, with the biggest one usually pounding the others. Sure looks like that’s where we’re headed on the road to April.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Hate cat wasn’t at his best. Still feels like we left that one on the table

ancsu87
    Participant

It was a disappointing performance by most of the team and coaching staff but it’s not a shock to anyone who has watched this team at all this season. They had amazing potential and showed it at various times throughout the season but equally could fall back into bad habits and fall flat. Not shocked in the least in how the tournament played out, what is surprising they got past LSU.

No what is surprising is that you show up with your BS after this game but yet were silent after the Nova game. Oh wait … Not surprising at all.

Yeah because my entire life revolves around getting on a blog win or lose. This team showed exactly what they were all season, streaky. It’s not negative to point out the facts. They would play well for a game or 2 or even less than that. They are what they are. I pull for them to succeed but I don’t ignore what is reality just because I’m a fan.

LMAO. Is Josh Earnest you alter ego?

BJD95
    Keymaster

Gott pushed as many buttons as he could. He showed more as an in-game strategist than I thought he had in the quiver, frankly.

MARinRVA
    Participant

Well RICK BARNES is now available, so hope springs eternal, haters!

Rick
    Keymaster

Someone dared to day something negative that I cannot counter. Thus I will resort to calling them ‘haterzzzzz’.

ancsu87
    Participant

ROFLMAO

PackFanInLA
    Participant

You negative people need to grow up. What’s the point of this stuff? You have young kids who play their hardest, you have a top 50 coach (at least) who may not have coached as well as RICK PITINO, and you guys wanna whine. Pitino is a legend. Look at his battle-weary face… this crap isn’t easy. We could have won that game with a few different bounces or an inspired performance from one of the kidsteak on the team.

I didn’t see a lack of virtue, desire, or heart.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

some of ya’ll need to go to bed and some of ya’ll need to go crunch some numbers…

the rest of us are gonna enjoy the hell out of this season…

what previous wolfpack team grew up more during one season than this one?
    None that I can recall..

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
Viewing 25 posts - 451 through 475 (of 521 total)
  • The topic ‘Sweet 16 – Pack vs. Louisville!’ is closed to new replies.