Sweet 16 – Pack vs. Louisville!

Home Forums All StateFansNation Sweet 16 – Pack vs. Louisville!

Viewing 25 posts - 476 through 500 (of 521 total)
  • Author
    ancsu87
    Participant

Well RICK BARNES is now available, so hope springs eternal, haters!

Someone dared to day something negative that I cannot counter. Thus I will resort to calling them ‘haterzzzzz’.
    It is called sarcasm. College BB is an emotional game. The NCAAT is a one and done. Anything can happen. Takes luck and breaks along with execution and talent. I think it has been documented the pack did not catch one break with regards to Cat. They got beat tonight. Does not make them a horrible team nor Gott a horrible coach

tractor57
    Participant

Yes I’m disappointed in the outcome of the game. Tonight Louisville was the better team. I am not disappointed with the season as a whole. Best season the Pack has had in a LONG time.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I know a lot of people don’t like Notre Dame the institution (presumably because of their football program), but I honestly don’t know what their isn’t to like about their basketball team this year. Great offensively oriented team basketball.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Nice stretch run for this team. Still room for optimism if these pieces are still in place next year. Just feels like a golden opportunity lost.

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

Don’t argue with each other guys. We are all frustrated and tired of being blue balled. I understand that. What I do know is our coach has got to be better. I know he will self evaluate himself because this is not the outcome he wanted for the season. There were several situations tonight where he needed to intervene and instead he continued to just let the boys play. Yes, the ballers are the ones that are inside the black lines and the ones who uLtimately have to make the plays, but the coach has to be the one to correct their mistakes and put them in position to suceed. Personally I didn’t see a whole lot of it tonight.

MARinRVA
    Participant

It was a great season. We embarrassed Carolina in the Dean Dome. We beat Dook. We beat Louisville. We upset the 1 seed and (indirectly) scored Taylor Swift tickets for crying Piccolo girl. We made the Sweet 16.

I ain’t even mad about this season. If you are, maybe you should pick a different hobby. Have you thought about stamp collecting? Stamps will never let you down…

WolfWiz11
    Participant

Definitely the best chance we had at a final four. And we CREATED that opportunity by knocking off Nova. So it really hurts from that perspective. Its never gonna be this easy, at least not for a long while.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Kicking myself as I was like 95% sure we would win tonight. Why do I do it to myself?

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Cat not being 100% hurt on both ends. That explains the weird lineup I had questions about. It was clear his legs weren’t there. It threw off matchups defensively also. I think we beat then 7 out 10, which is why this stings

Texpack
    Participant

What we need the most is Kyle Freeman. A post player who can play solid offense AND solid defense.

Question for Rick – What kind of performance would make you happy? Final Four? NC?

I know we didn’t play as well as we are capable of playing tonight. I’m disappointed that the defense disappeared the last 6 minutes or so. The main hole this team had was consistent inside play. One of the things a program like ours has to learn how to do is win games like the one tonight. The first step is to get there and give yourself a chance.

How dedicated will Anya be to get in real shape this offseason?
    Will Freeman add some post moves and a mid range jumper?
    Will KW commit to playing defense?
    Will the flashes we saw of Abu become consistent performance?

Prowling Woofie
    Participant

How many thought the team that lost – at home – to WOFFORD would end up in the Sweet 16 ?

Came a long way this year. Still work to do.

Go Pack !

Rick
    Keymaster

Nice stretch run for this team. Still room for optimism if these pieces are still in place next year. Just feels like a golden opportunity lost.

It was a golden opportunity lost. The top two seeds gone. Wtny but it will be more of the same.

Wulfpack
    Participant

29 years since we’ve been to the Elite 8. Let that sink in a minute. Holy cow. Unreal.

Royal Wulff
    Participant

^Bill on the Beach – Dadgum Right. I agree 100% The River’s Gonna Rise.

BJD95
    Keymaster

If Cat wasn’t 100% physically, then it was a miracle we had a lead at the 8 minute mark. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. We ain’t equipped to operate without him.

Now I really, REALLY hope Oklahoma wins. Because we wouldn’t have beaten them.

Rick
    Keymaster

Question for Rick – What kind of performance would make you happy? Final Four? NC?

I will counter with this question. Do you think we will ever see anther chance like we just piseed away? The top two seeds are out. We are playing a team we already beat who lost their starting PG?
    I predict we never see another opportunity like that again. TOB had an opportunity like that and similarly blew it. You have to grab those chances because they are rare. I doubt we see another. And that is what maskes me irate. It’s not like we lost to Kentucky. We lost to a crappy offensive team without their starting PG (oh yeah I guess a freshmen PG can never win a game).
    If we cannot win in that situation, when can we ever expect to win?
    I know wtny

Rick
    Keymaster

I have heard all year about how are problems are because of youth and yet they freshmen PG who had player all of 9 games has no problem being us.
    Inexperience is a crap excuse and this game proves it.

Royal Wulff
    Participant

Blues is The Healer

Texpack
    Participant

I will counter with this question. Do you think we will ever see anther chance like we just piseed away? The top two seeds are out. We are playing a team we already beat who lost their starting PG?
    I predict we never see another opportunity like that again. TOB had an opportunity like that and similarly blew it. You have to grab those chances because they are rare. I doubt we see another. And that is what maskes me irate. It’s not like we lost to Kentucky. We lost to a crappy offensive team without their starting PG (oh yeah I guess a freshmen PG can never win a game).
    If we cannot win in that situation, when can we ever expect to win?
    I know wtny

I knew that I wouldn’t get an answer to my question.

I do think we will have other opportunities. This is our second opportunity like this in the last four years. I think the roster is in the best shape it has been in in the last 10 years. You keep saying “the top two seeds are out” like they were captured by aliens. In case you didn’t notice, we beat the number one seed. Why don’t you want to give us credit for that?

I said the other day on here that you have to grab these opportunities, so I would agree that this was a lost opportunity. It remains to be seen if Gott can build off of this experience and if the guys will be made hungrier by getting this close.

Now will you answer my question? What level of accomplishment will make you happy?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

tex… i’m guessing this is the answer you’re getting from ricky …
    Ricky..

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    PackFanInLA
    Participant

The top two seeds are out.

Rick, perhaps you forget, WE knocked put the #1 seed. We created the opportunity.

ancsu87
    Participant

tex… i’m guessing this is the answer you’re getting from ricky …
    Ricky..

I think we will see this opportunity again. Twice in four years is as good as UNC and Duke in last four years. I could care the freak less about the reg season. Play well enough to get into the dance with a decent seed and be at top of your game. Or would you be more happy to have Jay Wright? The last four years I will take our two missed chances.

But by all means please ignore the question. I also never saw an answer to my earlier question about just who you and Jigs think we could go after and get after Gott has taken us to Sweet 16 in two out of the past four years. All I got was a BS SMH from another poster because it is ok for a select few to rail and piss all over the program but heaven help us if someone defend it.

Since74
    Participant

Hear more sh*t about the program here than I’ve ever heard from any Duke or *NC fan. Loving the progress made in the past four years. Can’t wait for the next one.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Nope, not surprised. At least you are consistent. Glad I wasn’t here for the game.

For those whining, bitching, and complaining about an opportunity lost, and bemoaning that the Pack will never see an easier path to the final four, you could at least acknowledge part of the ‘easy path’ was created by the Pack knocking off the #1 seed.

But of course, your response would be to belittle the opponent and thus the accomplishment. Some people live with loser outlooks in life. Some don’t. I for one am thankful Jimmy V was the latter.

But yes, I know. You need something to whine and bitch about so you can warm yourself in your miserableness while sitting on your fat ass criticizing the effort of others.

Talk about not being surprised…

tjfoose1
    Participant

No result will make him happy. Even if they they won the NC, he’d find an excuse to bitch and tear down someone. He practically admitted such himself, by comparing Gott’s ‘failures’ to
    TOB’s.

Certainly Gott has surpassed TOB’s level of success, yet he still rips. Does anyone really think that if TOB did cash in on the opportunity that he wouldn’t rip him for not attaining the next level of success, or the next level, or the next? TOB would’ve had to surpass Saban’s success before he even considered shutting down the rip machine.

But even if TOB had, there’s always individual players he could rip, or winning ‘ugly’, or lack of execution or player development. Then there’s always baseball, track, tennis…

Some people are like that. There’s a name for them. Several, actually.

Viewing 25 posts - 476 through 500 (of 521 total)
  • The topic ‘Sweet 16 – Pack vs. Louisville!’ is closed to new replies.