Summer doldrums, shooting the sh1t

Home Forums StateFans Non Sports Talk Summer doldrums, shooting the sh1t

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 295 total)
  • Author
    BassPacker
    Participant

Alittle music while shooting the shet. Good tune from Scotty featuring our Outer Banks.

Wufpacker
    Participant

“…as pets and/or second-class citizens, allowed to exist as long as we do their bidding and don’t piss them off.”

Observe, as I once again keep my big yap shut on that particular soft toss down the middle.

The walls might have ears (and eyes).

Wufpacker
    Participant

Scotty should do more brickyard vids, dammit.

redcanine
    Participant

The white Scott Wood is on TV playing for the Lakers. Meanwhile, Ralston Turner Overdrive is volunteering at the Y.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Meanwhile, Ralston Turner Overdrive is volunteering at the Y.

Who could blame him?

pakfanistan
    Participant

redcanine
    Participant

Both should make wpn proud.

TheCOWDOG

MFers…seriously snorted a backward beer on that. FU.

I shoulda’ packed up Blondie and gone out earlier.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Hee hee. I gotta have SOME fun. Yanks are putting to the Os so far tonight, so that’s not helping.

And nice Picard facepalm paki. Love it.

redcanine
    Participant

😉 on the facepalm.

TheCOWDOG

Well…The N&O must be peeking.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Heh, I just saw that too.

If I’m in their shoes, I’d consider it a success if they’re able to keep the harnessed cams in place and/or get any of their cams back in the same shape they sent ’em out (if at all).

I volunteer Beej for the daily feces analysis.

TheCOWDOG

WTF…can’t post a simple link.

Wufpacker
    Participant
    Fastback68
    Participant

If they are going to do a study in my hood, they better jump on it. Missing pet notices are at an all time high. I will give the devil (Mr Cat) his due when he drags a dead coyote onto my porch.

freshmanin83
    Participant

This just in, Barber has declined to participate in the study.

BJD95
    Keymaster

This just in, Barber has declined to participate in the study.

As Hipster Cat, he probably just said “meh” and went back to grooming.

Fastback68
    Participant

I’m bored so don’t waste your time on the following. It’s for cats only.

WHAT CATS DON”T KNOW ABOUT RABBIT HUNTING

– once a beagle jumps a rabbit it more often than not runs in a circle
    – if said rabbit starts at 6 o’clock position, runs clockwise to 9 spot, move forward of 6 and right to 3
    – have your gun or paws up when the dogs hit 12 o’clock high
    – miss, and you will, the rabbit completes the circle and lesser dogs run the old, stale loop
    – a squealing rabbit waited too long (you should know this one)
    – show the pack the kill or risk a time wasting backtrack
    – the more brown and black in a female beagle the better the rabbit dog
    – killing for the sake of killing is not hunting, cats!
    – killing does not make you a man or a cat, it should make you self sufficient
    – a wild rabbit will bite you
    – when sharing the cleaned bounty, leave the paws on, otherwise some brethren won’t accept it
    – rabbits can die from a nose hit, .410s and 20s are enough
    – shooting a rabbit and having it expire in the middle of highway 74 was acceptable in the 1970’s
    – best hunts, clear cut land with massive bull dozed brush piles, 20-30 rabbits per pile easy
    – non-native indians can’t handle barking beagles, will you sign our petition, welcome to the south, dogs bark
    – the baying from a pack of beagles, regardless of outcome, is much sweeter than the silent stalk
    – my next dog will have THEE DUKE SILVER on the final paperwork and will not bond with cats, probably will in my absence

Again, I was bored and pictures of beagles chasing a rabbit brought back childhood memories. None of this is new or useful information for a southerner. Could be for a cat.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Does ANYBODY know where I can get some of these…..

Forget anything, anywhere in any Store…
    or grown on Sandy land which only makes tomatoes with NO PUCKER….

I need some real ‘MATERS grown in red clay and ripened to Wolfpack Red or a little darker with no hard core… Marglobes or equivalent older varieties…. none of those modern hybrids built for storing and shipping that taste like cardboard and rot before they ripen…

ya’ll know… the kind of MATERs that’s GOTT some bite and kick to ’em…
    full of juice and once slice of ‘mater covers your bread….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    MrPlywood
    Participant

^ You might have to travel a little bit, but Salt Spring Island grows some of the biggest and best tasting tomatoes on the planet. No red clay there, just hot days, fertile island soil and clear spring water. Best I’ve ever had. Next time I wander over I’ll get you a bushel.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Mr. Plywood… just send me a plane ticket and I’ll meet you on Salt Spring Island… If those ‘Maters are that good.. there’s no way they’ll travel… without FedExOvernightAir… which would be more than the plane ticket…

RE: Soils… ‘Maters love acid soils, but what makes Red Clay ‘Red’ is the iron-oxides…. and the iron-oxides are a big part of the taste. The variety has a lot to do with the taste too… Canning ‘Maters most always taste better than ‘Shipping’ tomatoes which are the only thing sold in Stores these days….

You say ‘TO may TOE’… she says ‘to MAT toe’… but everybody that knows anything about either says…

“Pleaz pass summma dem ‘MATERS dis way….aw’ite?”

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

oh shucks i had forgot all about this thread… listen, I got a real dumb question… can someone let me know how to go about getting an “outdoor” cat. Do I need to get the little bastard in the house in the freezing winters? How do I make sure he won’t runoft?

Love you fellers, hope Dave D. is putting in work. He needs to emulate coach Taylor in Friday Night Lights is my opinion then we can start a discussion about ‘owning the State’.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

BTW, love the Scotty video.. had not seen that one yet. thx for sharing.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I certainly don’t wish to distract or deter anyone from the important bizness of finding good ‘Maters or the quest for pussy(cats)…. but somehow… this fits in here at SFN…..

As old Jeff said…
    “You might be a REDNECK if… “

How REDNECK Are You ?– The Quiz

TheCOWDOG

Billiam,I’m thinkin’ that by now, my soil is about 20% clay,20% sand and the rest cheap top soil and cow pasture.

I only grow indeterminates these days. Mortgage Lifter, Parks Whopper and Big Boy this season.

I love the baying of the hounds, man.

Troll, just get yourself a youngish one, make sure he or she knows who supplys the “domestic” food.

Cats prefer the great outdoors naturally. Lifespans and “ownership” are never taken for granted. We’ve gone thru a couple dozen…but living in the hills with coyotes, cougars,and Great Horned Owls assured that only the wiley survive. I did have one make it 17 yrs,though.

I wouldn’t let it outside on it’s own til 6 months and neutered.

Depending on where you live, cats in NC have few preditors. As a rule, Red Tails,Coopers,Bards and fox don’t like dealing with claws. Great Owls don’t mind,though. Did you know the Red Fox is a tree climber?

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 295 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.