State loses at Boston College, 79-63

Home Forums All StateFansNation State loses at Boston College, 79-63

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Rick ???

you been drinking … again???

just kidding.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    DrWuffette1day
    Participant

We can drink like fish…..

Rick
    Keymaster

Rick ???

you been drinking … again???

just kidding.

Just an attempt at levity. I did not know it would be copied

Rick
    Keymaster

We can drink like fish…..

That might explain the play yesterday, we were still hammered from Tuesday

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^works for me….

—————–

What’s UP Doctor Wolf ??

…always nice to hear from you….

Do you remember our discussion about high school girl’s lacrosse and team chemistry?

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

1 Day!! Things are going swimmingly.

You too. I have been keeping up with ya’ll all season. Good stuff here. I liked your “coach says what” series too. That was a great idea.

Vaguely. You have to refresh me. My brain and memory capacity is becoming smaller and smaller with every passing semester.

tjfoose1
    Participant

To clarify further, lest I risk being
    misunderstood, I am neither complaining nor expressing dissatisfaction – and I did state as much above.

In fact, overall, though not overly excited today, I’m satisfied, bordering on somewhat happy, with the overall direction on the program.

I’m just calling it like I see it, stating one man’s hypothesis that I’ll hold to till I see enough contradictory evidence.

I need something to understand to assist against the insanity.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Sadly, this was easily the expected result. This is what we do. It’s who we are. It’s what we’ve been. And it ain’t changing anytime soon. It is so disappointing, but so unbelievably expected. It defies any logic. It’s simply who we are.

Not that it needs to be stated, but this Clemson game is huge. Not just for NCAA seeding (or not), but for confidence moving forward. You know they’d love to stick it to us (yet again) and inflict serious damage to our hopes.

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

I need a drink. Going to hit that Cabernet Sauvignon- hmmmm, now.

Foose- only with kind respect. You are never misunderstood..but I will help you.

Your own Occam’s Razor: If you are not complaining or expressing dissatisfaction, our basketball team did not lose or win.

Furthermore and as long as there is a butt-kicking in Cheater’s Hole, the glory of destructing a top-ranked Duke, and the chance to play in the NCAAT, personal satisfaction with the program on a holistic scale is achieved. However, the variances with the behaviors, and consequently, performance of the union exist and you reserve the right to express future dismay at this plausible (mark that, likely) scenario.

You might also visit Fort Sumter (symbolic shot against the “union”) at the end of March if it goes really south. You state this humbly as one manly man, as opposed to a Bruce Jenner type of man.

And…YOU are welcome. Gosh, I miss translating for Mr. Dog. Going for the vinoooooooo…..

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

Wulfpack- we are not doomed. We are getting better. I’m going to wait and see what VAWolf has to say in a week. I have a feeling that we are in the NCAAT on the contingency that if we don’t flame out in the ACCT. We should beat Clemson but not sure that these last two games decide our fate.

Heelh8r
    Participant

Doc-I like your style!

Wufpacker
    Participant

White wine with fish Wuffette. Just sayin’.

😉

Wulfpack
    Participant

No, not doomed, now at least. We would be in if the regular season ended today. But it doesn’t, there are still games to play. And an 8-10 Pack would be a real quandary.

But I wasn’t even referring to bubble land. It’s just the continual frustration of winning a big one and then dropping one we have NO business dropping. Sadly, it has become our business – it’s who we are.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^the lady’s soft touch always calms the nerves…

Dr.WolfSoon…

Back when CALVIN was our number 1 topic…. we were talking about how those young girls and older girls had to work out their differences… just team chemistry stuff….

I thought you might like hearing that it all turned out fine from here…

All Conference as a Sophomore …
    Three year starter at midfield/center starts… her Junior Season next week
    … and when she talks on the grass … her Seniors listen…

Now if “She” could play women’s lacrosse at State that would be her dream, she just GOTT a new stick that red and white… and those aren’t NHHS colors…

Wulfpack
    Participant

We should beat Clemson but not sure that these last two games decide our fate.

We should beat Clemson? Am I missing something? Didn’t they hand it to us at our place earlier in the year? Same record. Playing at their place, where we never seem to play well. We have the better team but we know that doesn’t always matter.

As stated earlier, it is impossible to tell what affect a loss will have. Now that we are in bubble land (and by all accounts we are), a loss could do serious damage if all our bubble-mates win. It’s fluid, there are two weeks to go, and we have a solid resume, but an 8-10 mark with some questionable losses will likely not pass muster for some. Of course, we still have the ACc tourney, but let’s not leave it up to that. Take care of business these next two and hopefully we’re safe.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

The loss at Boston College was one that serves to put a lot of pressure on the team in its final two games. They MUST beat Clemson and it would be a very good thing to beat Syracuse too.

Both are do-able, but they are impossible if the team plays the first thirty minutes the way that it did against BC.

And if State loses both regular season games — also possible — then it is in deep doo doo indeed with the NCAA selection committee.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Totally misses that it will be Syracuse’s finale considering the self imposed ban. Goodness. You know Boeheim would love to flick the finger on the way out…

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

Wufpacker- 🙂

Bill, I remember now and that is outstanding. WELL DONE! Thank you for that happy follow-up. Takes guts and character to navigate that situation plus a lot of patience. You’ve got to be and should be proud. Leadership is not always easy.

I hope her dream comes true- that would be incredible. Have ya’ll been in touch with the coach? Gone to State’s camp or where the coach would be? May not be a bad idea to get a NCSU scout (asst coach or coach) at one of her games. Another idea is to get a compilation video of her play and send it to the coach (can wait until next year but early may not be bad either). Exposure is important. If she’s a good student, that would be gravy. Just some thoughts.

Back in the dinosaur days, I was surprised about how accessible and nice the coaches were. If you have a good and supportive coach, he/she should have some contacts and suggestions. My perception is that recruitment for girl sports is different than guy sports. Girl sports requires more outreach (less funding and interest goes a long way). Fingers crossed with a prayer. Really hope it works out. Sweet stick!

Wufpacker
    Participant

Agreed on all points Alpha.

Committee has given us breaks past couple yrs IMHO, esp last yr. We can make it a no brainer by winning, or we can hope to rely on charity yet again. Eventually that well is gonna go dry though.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Dr. Wolf-Soon…

Unlike a lot of smaller schools … State does NOT have a Division One Women’s Lacrosse Team…. yet…
    so the women play Club Ball…

Her brother sent to Camp in Chapel Hill twice, so she’s getting some “exposure”…
    and you know the old saying…

“If you’re good enough… they will find you…”

In the larger context…
    Just like with Men’s Basketball… it’s just a Player Development thing…
    and that’s what Coaching is all about…. not just Ws and Ls …

… and fwiw… I’m having just enough fun being the “Team Dad” and the Announcer at their games… besides… women’s lacrosse ain’t nothing but basketball on grass with a stick…

:>}

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

I’m surprised and disappointed it is not formalized. I remember attending Duke’s basketball camp in the 80’s and the women’s asst coach used to coach their lacrosse team too. She eventually left basketball to focus on lacrosse. You’d think State would have have been more aggressive.

Regardless, she must be having a blast and I hope she can continue that success at State. That would be awesome. Enjoy the time…..it goes by fast. She’s lucky to have you.

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

Alpha- you stop that. This team is going to give me gray hair.

mak4dpak
    Participant

Whether you blame the coach, or the players, we need to win the next two, and could even finish in 6th place, which is something preseason predictions never gave a chance at, much less the possiblity of making the NCAAs. And a note on the women’s game, they only lost by 7 to ND, while shooting like the men have lately, 38%. And I also recall, we played pathetically in the 1st half vs Clemson, at home, then finally showed up in the second half, but it was too little, too late. Can’t do that this time.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Dr. Wolf-Soon…

I could send Dr. Debbie a half a dozen or so D1 girls if she would do “the right thing”…
    and Cardinal Gibbons is just next door…

duh…

Good night!

rtpack24
    Participant

Hall palms the ball constantly and even carries with left hand across his body without ball ever touching the floor. I was at game and sitting floor level so I felt it was my duty to point this out to Mr Ayers and Mr Lucky. They never did call it but did notice Lucky say something to him about his dribble. The place was crazy because that is last game ever in Littlejohn, total redo and when re-opens will be under a different name. Lucky us that the ACC gave us the honor to play last game there.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.