State-Carolina Open Thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation State-Carolina Open Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 401 through 425 (of 453 total)
  • Author
    Rick
    Keymaster

If our kids played like this every night…
    I wouldn’t care if we were 15-15 for the year…

Of course … if we played like this every night…
    we’d be 25-5 for the year….

but the point is ….
    this ain’t the same bunch of kids we started with in August..
    this is the best TEAM we have seen at NC State in how many years….
    GOTT & Company deserve more credit than most are giving….

For example… I posted earlier about CUZ bringing it when it counts…
    and what did you see tonight ??

Honestly, who gives a crap. It is painfully obvious we are never going to get a fair shake much less get ‘court’ calls

inhoc…
    Participant

Anyone else hit the “acceptance” phase yet? Yup state is 3rd fiddle…

BJD95
    Keymaster

Everything just fucking sucks.

packalum44
    Participant

Rick is completely correct when he chastises basketball. It is an unfair sport. It will never be close to fair. Human nature/psychology is too fragile to objectively officiate on any level.

The only hope is reform. Why we don’t have officials reviewing monitors in the press box with both accountability and authority to promptly overturn calls, I have no idea.

Rick
    Keymaster

I thought I hit it.

I have no ideas why I watched the game tonight. The ending was add predictable as it comes

WeAreCured
    Participant

Can anyone remember a time that State made a last second shot to win, as opposed to allowing a last second shot to lose, in the last 5 years? I remember one against some crappy New Orleans team or some such a couple of years ago. CJ caught a floor length bomb and put it in for the W. Other than that, all I remember are the wins other teams have snatched away from us. It would be so nice to be the team that does that. Maybe one day, we’ll get there.

BJD95
    Keymaster

That was @ St. Joe’s, the game that got us a tourney bid locked up MG’s first year.

packalum44
    Participant

Thanks God for this forum. It is cathartic to post rants after each emotional devastation. I need at least 10 more before I can sleep. I’m out of xanex.

Texpack
    Participant

Warren getting mugged was THE key to the comeback. SCREWED BLIND AGAIN. Its so predictable.

Rick
    Keymaster

Rick is completely correct when he chastises basketball. It is an unfair sport. It will never be close to fair. Human nature/psychology is too fragile to objectively officiate on any level.

The only hope is reform. Why we don’t have officials reviewing monitors in the press box with both accountability and authority to promptly overturn calls, I have no idea.

I honestly do not know how to fix it. It is awful and not with watching.

Football may have a bad call or two but the refs do not decide games. This honestly sucks

BJD95
    Keymaster

I go back to my theorem that we are cursed until the last of my generation (ie, those who can actively remember 1983) is dead or senile.

Gowolves
    Participant

Rick,

I can see when refs contribute to us potentially losing a game but this is not that one. Please try to understand that every game lost is not because of the refs. Please tell me how you got the position here as a key master because for the life of me you can’t or refuse to see that the players do have an impact on the game. Way more than the coach. I guess it’s because of your expert IT skills.

WeAreCured
    Participant

As mad as we all are, just think about how amazing we will be next if TJ stays. That would be pretty killer. Our freshmen have really improved. Anya is going to be a beast after an offseason of conditioning.

Rick
    Keymaster

Acc basketball odd going to end up with unc and duke fans and nothing else.
    No one wants to be continually screwed.

inhoc…
    Participant

Seems awfully fair to unc!!! 2-0 over their in-state foe (not even a rival and I don’t blame them). What NC States excuse?

Eeven lowly BC finished off what state couldn’t against ‘cuse. It’s reality folks. And winning the big game is a aberration at state, not a culture. It’s a culture at unc and duke. Sorry, but that’s reality folks. Accept it.

packalum44
    Participant

I die a little bit inside each traumatic game I watch. Take 83′ back. We sold our soul to the devil and he’s taking his due. I feel depressed like I lost my first love. This is the most painful loss I’ve experienced since RW and Tom lost us to Maryland for ACC title trip. At least I was 3 sheets for that one. I’m sober as a judge. Feelings suck.

Rick
    Keymaster

As mad as we all are, just think about how amazing we will be next if TJ stays. That would be pretty killer. Our freshmen have really improved. Anya is going to be a beast after an offseason of conditioning.

Just like Leslie and Brown were going to dominate.

Not going to happen.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Roy is 27-2 against NC State. Hello that’s a bit off the norm, even if UNC is typically a better team than State most years. 93% win percentage? That’s stupid.

This game right here was officiated outstanding in my opinion up until the last several seconds of regulation and into overtime. Our other games this year have seemed fair to me as well.

I attempt to be objective at all times about the refs, but of all the games we’ve played this year this outcome was clearly and blatantly altered by the refs. I mean, we won this game guys. They call that foul on Warren at the end of regulation and we won. Instead they call a foul on Lewis going for a loose ball where he absolutely did NOT commit a foul. The overtime assault of Warren causing him to lose the ball out of bounds and have it be magically UNC’s ball was just in your face.

Let’s try to wake up here, folks. If it’s a close game with NCSU playing UNC then UNC seems to always get those bizarre calls down the stretch.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Paige kicked our tail. Get one stop and it is ballgame. Not only no stops but missed free throws and more late game turnovers. Blame the refs if you want but it won’t do us any good.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Paige absolutely deserves a hat tip – totally agree.

Hopefully Gott will just go ballistic in the presser and say the refs absolutely screwed them, he could give a sh!t about NC State, and this season is worse than Haiti. Might get us a couple of rings.

^haha … In another life perhaps

vtpackfan
    Participant

Tired legs will get the better of you in situations like FT and defense. It is easy to take a broad sweep look and see it as a chronic season thing but in this specific game situation it was normal. You will see an exact play out like this nearly a dozen times in the NCAA tourney-just not with us playing.

This would be an instant top 5 biggest heartache defeats had the team ever looked like it was comfortable with success.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Come on guys… if we had the same setup five nights in row…

That is Paige and CUZ duking it out… with everybody else watching…
    Somebody would win three and somebody else would win two…
    Instant ACC classic.

We’ve seen four great ACC games this season… and we’ve been to the wire in two of them…

Damm.
    Damn Good.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    redcanine
    Participant

BJD: “Everything just f-ing sucks”.

Me: Yep.

Rick: “especially the refs!”

PackFan
    Participant

Cured – Scott Wood 3 ball over Clemson last year comes to mind.

Tough loss tonight, but hopefully they finish strong.

SaccoV
    Participant

Gowolves, to Rick’s point, with the way our games have been officiated (see TJ’s third and fourth foul calls in this game), it’s easy to see why our guys play ole’ defense in the last few moments.

Viewing 25 posts - 401 through 425 (of 453 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.