State-Carolina Open Thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation State-Carolina Open Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 426 through 450 (of 453 total)
  • Author
    Rick
    Keymaster

Rick,

I can see when refs contribute to us potentially losing a game but this is not that one. Please try to understand that every game lost is not because of the refs. Please tell me how you got the position here as a key master because for the life of me you can’t or refuse to see that the players do have an impact on the game. Way more than the coach. I guess it’s because of your expert IT skills.

Every author has their own opinions.
    I have always loved the pack but my passion is dying a slow and painful death. Football is hopeless right now and basketball is not worth watching.
    If you cannot see the impact refs have on a game then we will just have to agree to disagree. Most adults can do that and be civil. I think we can Too.

WeAreCured
    Participant

This is a completely different team Rick, and TJ Warren is no Lo Brown or CJ Leslie.

The headline for this game should read:

Marcus Paige vs. TJ Warren in Epic Battle of ACC Foes

The sub-headline should read:

Whoever had the ball last was going to win it for their team; it happened to be Marcus Paige.

That’s that.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

The zebras did about as much as they could to keep us in this one. How anybody can complain about officiating is beyond me. UNC absolutely laid a turd in the first half, we didn’t take advantage, then we gave up 45 in the second half. Herculean effort by Warren, and some big shots by Turner. Unfortunately, Gott stuck with the 3-2 too long (even though it was a nice wrinkle), and Lewis and Turner got abused defensively in the second half. Too many offensive rebounds given up, including several in the last 10 minutes, and Anya, who played a whale of a game, was meanwhile sitting on the pine. Can’t stand sitting players with 4 fouls either. Warren needed to have played more than 29 minutes in regulation. Some of those fouls just can’t happen. Hard to criticize that kid, but some really risky reaches and swats. And the critical free throw misses, the turnover. The ball absolutely has to guard, cant go to the corner.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

why would TJ stay for another year of this sh!t? If I were that young man I’d be done declared for the draft.

packalum44
    Participant

There is no such thing as a “culture” of winning or losing. TJ and company carry no baggage from years past. What they do endure is a legacy of unfair officiating. There is no conspiracy. The premium teams always get the calls in every league and on every level. MJ’s most famous poster was a shot following a push-off foul. Human nature is too flawed to make those tough calls against brand names.

Clemson and Purnell were screwed so many times against UNC I still feel extreme empathy to this day.

Even if we win this game, next year and the year after that the chips are stacked. We still will continue to lose more close games than we win…and of course the subtleties of officiating…only takes 1 bad call in any of the 40 minutes to turn the tide. So sure the path of least resistance for the human mind is to accept mainstream story-lines such as winning legacy or whatever intangible “plug” we use to fill in the residuals we can’t explain in our qualitative models of life.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

That was @ St. Joe’s, the game that got us a tourney bid locked up MG’s first year.

St. Bonaventure actually 🙂

Before we get totally derailed, ask yourself this:

We’ve had three games this season – all lost by one point – in which calls or no-calls had a direct impact on the outcome of the game … Would your opinion of this team and season be any different if we were 10-5 in the ACC, as we should be? Take away this Hole game even if you want to. We’d still be 9-6 and in line for a Ncaa tournament birth. What’s your opinion then?

N.C. State is far from a perfect team. N.C. State has lost plenty of games this season – some by bad margins. Do they deserve to be bashed for three victories taken from them though? If those three games are wins, we are in the Ncaa tournament. Rick is right. The ‘we’re not very good’ crowd is right as well. Be fair to each other.

Gowolves
    Participant

Also TJ went a long time and never fouled either. You don’t think he hacked a few times during that time when he wasn’t called. He never fouled out.

Rick
    Keymaster

The zebras did about as much as they could to keep us in this one. How anybody can complain about officiating is beyond me.

Either you or cow dog. It is so predictable.

Whatever. You win. The refs are awesome and State sucks.
    That seems to be what you want.

If anyone bothers to go look I predicted this exact circumstance down to several postErs getting on their knees to worship the refs.

College basketball is fatally broken. The game is no longer decided solely by they players. I honestly thought the ‘New rules’ would help fix it but it does not matter.

Rick
    Keymaster

There is no such thing as a “culture” of winning or losing. TJ and company carry no baggage from years past. What they do endure is a legacy of unfair officiating. There is no conspiracy. The premium teams always get the calls in every league and on every level. MJ’s most famous poster was a shot following a push-off foul. Human nature is too flawed to make those tough calls against brand names.

Clemson and Purnell were screwed so many times against UNC I still feel extreme empathy to this day.

Even if we win this game, next year and the year after that the chips are stacked. We still will continue to lose more close games than we win…and of course the subtleties of officiating…only takes 1 bad call in any of the 40 minutes to turn the tide. So sure the path of least resistance for the human mind is to accept mainstream story-lines such as winning legacy or whatever intangible “plug” we use to fill in the residuals we can’t explain in our qualitative models of life.

The head of officiating is on record saying unc doors not foul. Would you publicly prove you’re boss wrong?

It is what it is.

I was furious after Syracuse but apathy is setting in.

At least duke unc will be on national tv, amiright?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

good night ric….

it’s late….

GOTT another basketball game in 37 hours to get ready for….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

I didn’t think the officiating was bad overall.

Specific calls really cost us big time. No call on the Warren drive at the end of regulation. No call on Warren getting mugged by McAdoo with 30 seconds left in OT. I’d say Warren’s third foul (game changing) was phantom – but that’s debatable. I don’t really think the other two are very debatable.

If there are specific instances where NC State benefited in such a huge way I very much welcome seeing them or having them pointed out.

vtpackfan
    Participant

Latest word is that TJ is inching closer and closer to the Lottery cut off. He will definitely pull the trigger, as he has got to, and will end up being a late lottery pick IMO.

There are a lot of true freshman predicted ahead of him and one or more will stay in school I bet. I wouldn’t be shocked if Parker stays at Duke for one more.

Moving forward it will be for the best. There are a lot of first year guys that by next year will be ready to shoot more often. Average that out, add Lacey (transfer from Alabama), and replacing TJ won’t be nearly as hard as replacing our 4 starters from the last two seasons.

I just want to reiterate that I could care less about the last three. Even if we pulled out a W @ Pitt it wouldn’t matter since they are seen as a fraud now anyways. The post season beyond the ACC is dead so let’s just get to Greensboro and end this grind.

redcanine
    Participant

I can’t wait to wake up in the morning to a steaming bag of sh!t on my front doorstep.

PackofMac
    Participant

TJ Warren vs. Marcus Page……

perfect summary of this game. Coach….GET TJ OFF THE GD BENCH!!!! WHAT HAPPENED TO ANYA????? ZONE? Page and THUG LIFE Leslie were open off every screen, thank God THUG LIFE is horrible or he’d went off for 30 as well. Some of the calls from the bench baffle me. TJ makes both, 2nd overtime and who knows however reality tells us we drop a crap turn again. why am I surprised.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Still shocked this was a game.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Really proud of Warren tonight…Haven’t had a player like him in 20 years

TheCOWDOG

Hey..Ricky. Did Gowolves in his most excellant personal post, tell you that your a one trick pony?

Oops. Called you a name there, didn’t I?

F.ck me Freddie for a pass away from a trap.

Gowolves, you’ve managed to do what I could not. Your post survived.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Does this look like a guy who keeps zebras in his pocket ??

———————

Wonder why Ric didn’t suggest a technical was in order there for being
    “out of the box…” ??

Now if Les Jones had given Uncle Roy the T he deserved for showboating out of the box… that would have been two free throws and the ball… walk off victory for the Pack… that one play cost us the game …. right ???

hell yeah… fire Les Jones, fire Swofford, fire Gott , fire everybody…
    basketball sucks, NCSTATESH$T sucks, everybody sucks….
    yeah right on ric…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Rick
    Keymaster

Th is gone.

Basketball does not to be able to get past the entropy of ‘the best player/team does the right thing’.

This was the first basketball game I watched since Syracuse. It just reinforced my opinions.

Why bother trying to be good when it is ordained that some teams will be and will not be

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

were you also really proud of roy williams coming out to half court and laying down on his back in the middle of the floor?

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

This is worse than the Haiti earthquakes, dammit to hell!

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Lucky for me though I have Gerald Owens on the tube to soothe me. That man works more than Justin Beiber’s lawyer.

swamppack
    Participant

This loss tonight sucks AS USUAL!!
    You have to admire someone like Rick who is not afraid to call a duck a duck. I have never sensed in his posts that he is saying the only reason we EVER lose a game is because of officiating, but he does have the sense to identify what is before our very eyes.

There is a culture of losing permeating State basketball that the program must overcome on it’s own, refs be damned. My spirit for N.C. State basketball is slowly dying, it is a sad thing to watch year after year.

I enjoy this site, keep up the good work!!

Ransompack
    Participant

Hey Gott – how about an out-of-bounds play?????

Rick
    Keymaster

Hey..Ricky. Did Gowolves in his most excellant personal post, tell you that your a one trick pony?

Oops. Called you a name there, didn’t I?

F.ck me Freddie for a pass away from a trap.

Gowolves, you’ve managed to do what I could not. Your post survived.

Wah wah,
    Somebody dares to disagree with the great cowdog. Let me guess, you are going to threaten to kick my rear again.
    I have never deleted a single one of your posts so stop whining and get back to servicing the refs.

Viewing 25 posts - 426 through 450 (of 453 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.