State-Carolina Open Thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation State-Carolina Open Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 376 through 400 (of 453 total)
  • Author
    BJD95
    Keymaster

I am damned proud of our kids. They deserved better. Cuse made me angry, tonight just makes me remarkably sad.

Wufpacker
    Participant

This one hurts. In a lot of ways.

Wulfpack
    Participant

We cannot close out games period. End of story.

Rick
    Keymaster

I believe I called this exact outcome

packalum44
    Participant

I need therapy. I need professional help to cope with this season. Every year I become more emotionally detached but every year they find a way to push the NC State Sh*t envelope even further. You can’t run from this heartache.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Up by 2 with the ball, Warren clearly fouled. *arolina ball.

Not really interested in hearing about how much better *arolina is at the moment. Also, anyone who’s interested – please spare the “but Warren went 1-2 from the line durrrr” … would that even have been the case had the foul on Warren been called at the end of regulation? Would it have been the case if the foul on Warren would’ve been called with 30 seconds left instead of giving them the ball????

I don’t want another ref argument either. But really, you’re going to ignite one by talking about how the better team won.

PackFamily
    Participant

I have never felt this resigned. The poor officiating and bias is so ridiculous and obvious it is sickening.

BJD95
    Keymaster

We missed 3 of our last 5 FTs. That’s the game, right there. The missed foul on Buckets was dicey, but not ridiculous. We gave Paige an opening, and he drank our milkshake. Won my POY vote.

Rick
    Keymaster

I am damned proud of our kids. They deserved better. Cuse made me angry, tonight just makes me remarkably sad.

Players take on three personality of the coach.
    I think these boys just want to get laid

Gowolves
    Participant

Better defense? You are one misinformed idiot.

I am done. I have been a pack fan for 45 years. Some more than others and some less. I am not going to switch college teams like I have seen other friends of mine who turn on their school. I quit college sports. I’m done. Can’t take this bullsh*t anymore.

WTNY
    Participant

WTNY

BJD95
    Keymaster

Well…if you look at it this way – had the foul been called at the end of regulation, and Buckets goes 1-for-2 THERE, roughly same amount of time for paige to beat us.

It wasn’t ONE missed FT. Buckets missed the and-1. WBS (who has become quite the poor clutch FT shooter) missed the back end.

Gene
    Participant

Anybody think we’ll get a 1 seed in the NIT?

ILPackfan
    Participant

Three 1-point conference losses, two of them to ranked teams. That’s genuinely frustrating.

SaccoV
    Participant

Effort and intensity were certainly there tonight. Proud of our team, and I hope it turns into something special. Hate to add another last second loss to the litany of ones I’ve been carrying for what seems like my whole life. I hope we get to see the Asterisk in the tournament. I’m sure our luck won’t change but maybe TJ goes for 40.

eas
    Participant

Hats off to our guys they played hard. We just couldn’t stop Paige…even when we knew he was going to take the shot. Even though the refs had some iffy calls I can’t blame this one on the refs. I want to but I just can’t. The 3 bad calls on one possession in the 1st half are the only ones that were obvious bad calls. The rest were iffy but not as obvious. We just can’t close out games. Good job overall Pack!

redcanine
    Participant

We got beat by Marcus Paige.

Gene
    Participant

I really want to bitch about how life isn’t fair, but as an adult I should be willing to accept it, but damn I really feel this game and Syracuse loss were not fair.

So damn close, but so damn far.

WeAreCured
    Participant

Re closing out games: It seems like we should play to have the ball last, which we did correctly tonight until the no-call foul on TJ that was called a turnover. In that regard, they did get screwed, but in that situation, I’m not sure that gets called against either team in this or most other games.

We can never seem to play defense in the final few seconds. Teams always blow right down court because they know we’re going to play soft D (State can’t really play any other kind without fouling).

In the end, even if TJ had made both free throws, I would bet a lot of money that Paige would bury a 3 to end it, rather than a drive to basket to end it. It was inevitable. In the battle between TJ and Paige, whoever had the ball last was going to win it for their team.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Hopefully Gott will just go ballistic in the presser and say the refs absolutely screwed them, he could give a sh!t about NC State, and this season is worse than Haiti. Might get us a couple of rings.

vtpackfan
    Participant

Not pleased with the outcome one bit. We all have that gigantic bin of sorrow to stack away. Just file a new one.

This season has sucked but I can’t say that I’m not proud of our young men. It’s a very weird season. I guess that’s not bad for a “rebuilding” year.

I just want to skip the last three and do ACCs to put an end to it.

Rick
    Keymaster

Up by 2 with the ball, Warren clearly fouled. *arolina ball.

Not really interested in hearing about how much better *arolina is at the moment. Also, anyone who’s interested – please spare the “but Warren went 1-2 from the line durrrr” … would that even have been the case had the foul on Warren been called at the end of regulation? Would it have been the case if the foul on Warren would’ve been called with 30 seconds left instead of giving them the ball????

I don’t want another ref argument either. But really, you’re going to ignite one by talking about how the better team won.

This on a nut shell.

The people will get on this site and blame every mistake we made but the refs did it to us again.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

If our kids played like this every night…
    I wouldn’t care if we were 15-15 for the year…

Of course … if we played like this every night…
    we’d be 25-5 for the year….

but the point is ….
    this ain’t the same bunch of kids we started with in August..
    this is the best TEAM we have seen at NC State in how many years….
    GOTT & Company deserve more credit than most are giving….

For example… I posted earlier about CUZ bringing it when it counts…
    and what did you see tonight ??

and BJ Anya… career night off the bench..

and Tyler — steady and in control all night and just 1 turnover against a Defense that was supposed to stop him cold…

and Washington with TEN rebounds…

and even VANDY with the spark at just the right time…

Dez busted his ass on Defense and made some important shots too…

What more could you ask these kids to do ???

Stop Paige just one more time… that’s all…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    BJD95
    Keymaster

Unlike Cuse, I think the Holes (well, one Hole – Paige) made the requisite plays to beat us. I tip my cap to him, and only him. I’d gladly urinate all over the rest of the lot, Roy included.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Something tells me that even if we get that foul call at 36.5…Paige finds a way to beat us. Or maybe I’m just spent emotionally now. FML.

Viewing 25 posts - 376 through 400 (of 453 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.