NC State Wolfpack vs Virginia Cavaliers Preview

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC State Wolfpack vs Virginia Cavaliers Preview

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    spintk
    Participant

Last year: Chemistry
    This year: Inexperience
    Next year: ???

vtpackfan
    Participant

Virginia told us to go out and get a stick to beat is with. A lot of storm debris out there so that is that….

Buckets with his worst game of the year and seems to be following Duke’s Parker and UNC’s Paige as local stars turned ACC dog meat.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

I am glad I’m not coaching today… ( I know — ya’ll are glad… too )

‘Cause….
    I might just go sit up in the stands…. for the third quarter….

Then if the players are dumb enough to ask why I did that when I went back to the bench at the 10:00 min mark..
    I could tell them….

“I just thought if I moved my seat… things might not look so bad… but guess what… you guys suck from all angles…”

Just saying….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    ILPackfan
    Participant

Well, that turnover didn’t take long…

Eli81
    Participant

Why can’t we play defense at home? Doesn’t make sense!

Wulfpack
    Participant

Bennett Ball may be boring but it is whipping our tail. And if Bennett Ball is boring I don’t know the adjective to describe our brand of ball.

ILPackfan
    Participant

“And if Bennett Ball is boring I don’t know the adjective to describe our brand of ball.”

I think the word is “inept.”

Eli81
    Participant

How about lack of passion and pride.

Prowling Woofie
    Participant

The silver lining is that NOBODY is ready to leave this team for the NBA…

That IS good news, right ?????

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^No need for ad-ject-tives….

You have to “play ball” in order to need an adjective to describe how you are playing ??

Let me know when we start playing…..
    ‘Cause this ain’t it…

ILPackfan
    Participant

Signing off. I can’t watch or comment on this garbage anymore.

Eli81
    Participant

Absolutely embarrassing – don’t think Gott’s Gott-it.

MrPlywood
    Participant

#beatdown

TheCOWDOG

Please Bill, tell’em what I meant about Bennett Ball.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Yes, Bennett-ball is whipping us today – but this game’s current situation has a ton to do w/ NC State and not all Bennett-ball.

We saw what last season’s NC State ‘team’ did to Bennett-ball in the Acc Tournament. I’ll take State’s style of play every day of the week and 10 times on Sunday over Bennett’s. Some defense would be nice, though. Stop turning the ball over too … that’d be good.

I think Bennett is a good coach, but agree w/ Bjd’s assessment that Bennett’s preferred style is extremely limiting come post-season. Don’t see a lot of Final Four runs out of Virginia or Wisconsin.

Wulfpack
    Participant

My take is that Bennett Ball has taken Warren completely out of the game with outstanding defense. And that is the game. That is what I see.

JaxPackMan
    Participant

What are these guys afraid of? It’s just Virginia, for Pete’s sake. Did the Coach run them today before the game? They act like they don’t want to be there. I thought playing in big time games is all these guys wanted to do.

JaxPackMan
    NCSU class of '76
    Jacksonville, FL

wufpup76
    Keymaster

V-berg, I love ya … but Anya has made his case

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Say what you want about Virginia and Tony Bennett, but he has them getting better and better EVERY single year and this year they are a very good basketball team. NC State on the other hand is slightly below average ACC team (hope I’m not giving us too much credit here). When TJ goes pro next year will be more of the same. Good thing we can look forward to…. baseball?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

1. Most teams focus on doing what they want to do… with little regard for what the other team might do…
    2. Very few teams focus on keeping their opponent from doing what they want to do and adjust their schemes according….
    (Think Belichic and Brady or BennettBall …)

The obvious problem is at least one team in Category one above is clueless as to what they want to do on the court… or unwilling to do it…

And it’s takes very intelligent and dedicated players to be a Category 2 team…. ’cause you have to be able to do a lot of things well.. not just one.

——-

Mr. Dog … are you still ‘good’ on that 5 hrs to break up ‘Cat on Five’ or do think you might need a little more time on that ???

SaccoV
    Participant

Gott’s substitution patterns and lineups on the floor are now in serious question. I understand that he’s limited with who he can put on the floor. Cat Barber and Ralston Turner are having a contest to see who turns the ball over more. If you turn the ball over consistently, you need to sit until you break the habit. UVa is better than us as a team, but not 30 points better liked they’ve played tonight.

Wulfpack
    Participant

All I want is a team that puts max effort out there every night and plays great defense. Sadly we don’t have that with Gott. It is not so much about style of play as it is maximizing potential. Oh we have loads of potential, year after year.

spintk
    Participant

I have seen YMCA coaches teach better basketball than Gottfried. He throws in a few Wooden quotes and gives good speeches. But without NBA-type talent he falls flat on his face. He is consistently out coached and by the looks of it, has lost his touch as a motivator.

TheCOWDOG

The point is that State is not the only team that gets embarrassed by a really, really well coached Bennett team.

It ain’t in the style, and it really isn’t. about racking up Final 4 gigs.

That guy can coach.

Eli81
    Participant

Bennett Ball has nothing to do with the fact that we are unmotivated and lazy!

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 137 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.