NC State Wolfpack vs Virginia Cavaliers Preview

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC State Wolfpack vs Virginia Cavaliers Preview

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 137 total)
  • Author
    1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

The Virginia Cavaliers are coming to Raleigh, very slowly, today at 5:00 to battle the Wolfpack; the game can be seen on ESPN2 with Dave O’Brien and D
    [See the full post at: NC State Wolfpack vs Virginia Cavaliers Preview]

vtpackfan
    Participant

The Hoos unravel many times due to the high % of the Turnovers resulting from steals. Dez, TJ and Cat should be foaming at the bit for this chance.

Bennets teams are so cautious on offense that teams are overplaying the passing lanes knowing full well that UVa’s coach is instructing his players to run clock.

It seems vs Wake they shot lights out and Bzzzzzzzed… rolled in with another of his patented road show….and FSU self-destructed by turning it over on many occasions (18 vs UVa!?).

I see us finally putting foot down in the second half in a way that we haven’t seen yet. 3/4 soft press will help in staying aggressive and not allowing our inexperience dictate our energy.

Pack 77-63.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Outstanding preview. Thanks for putting this together.

Polar Bear face-palm is epic.

StateFans
    Keymaster

Moreso than most any other game we play in the league — this one will be decided by the officials.

Just look at the last two years — State has owned UVa with no problem in the ACC Tournament that usually brings a little more focused performance from the officials.

Yet, the regular season game against UVA brought AWFUL officiating. Roger Ayers in Raleigh 2 years ago was an abomination and last year was the year that the hurt Lorenzo Brown. For example, last year this was called a travel on State:

vtpackfan
    Participant

Tis true^

It’s no secret that Bennets team holds more than Mike London’s football team.

Scott Wood would normally have to order a replacement jersey after the UVa game due to how stretched out it became.

Pick n’ rolls/pops are almost unheard of vs Bennett defenses due to how they immediately grab the screener and hold him in place.

Cat will have some chances to drive and hit some short jumpers. That will draw UVa’s bigs away from the tin and open up some dump offs to Vandy/Freeman/Anya.

It may look like “Cat on Five” at first but it results in UVa becoming reactive on D, and they are not quick/athletic enough to play that mode.

StateFans
    Keymaster

You can click here for more preview and simulations of this evening’s match up.

This game has been simulated 161 times.
    ST (2014) has won 74 times (46.0% of the time), won by > 20 pts 9 times (5.6% of the time)

VA (2014) has won 87 times (54.0% of the time), won by > 20 pts 8 times (5.0% of the time)

The average score is ST (2014): 60.8 – VA (2014): 61.4, decided by < 5 pts 51 times (31.7% of the time) The game has gone into overtime 5 times (3.1% of the time)

choppack1
    Participant

We rebound badly because we don’t box out. You can give maximum effort but that maximum effort is wasted if you don’t box out. IMHO, gott must subscribe to the “go get the ball” theory rather than “positioning” then “box out” theory. As a result, teams get plenty of easy shots and our guys are constantly in foul trouble.

choppack1
    Participant

Lol at vitale and Roy bragging on unc-cheats graduation rate to claim he was doing things right academically. THE GRADUATION RATE IS HIGH BECAUSE OF THE FRAUD AND EASY CLASSES!

Its like a drug dealer saying ” How can they call me a drug dealer? I am rich”. The reason you are rich is because you deal drugs!

MrPlywood
    Participant

^Oh, the irony of Roy saying “It’s not fair.”

MP
    Participant

Vitale’s still trying. Missing some key ‘facts’ though.

Syracuse looks dang good BTW. They play completely under control.

PoppaJohn
    Participant

UVA won w/o Harris??? Did not know that. Now I am really scared.
    Looks to me like they shut down what we want to do really well.

I think we are going to have a bad day.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… and where did old DumbAssDickie get his “sheepskin”….

DumbAssDickie would be a total unknown if not for ESPN, Dook, UNC, Kansas, Kentucky and old Big Least…
    Just another fluff girl…

What else did you expect him to say?

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    TheCOWDOG

If they learned anything from Pitt…today’s the day.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I have long believed that Vitale is simply a promoter. Give the guy a microphone and he will promote promote promote. Some of it good, a lot of it not so good. Like today. He is completely blinded. At the same time, he is incredibly charitable and has kept the Jimmy V torch running. He is so darn polarizing. He is also an awful announcer. I just wish he would step back from his relationships with these coaches and try to think critically about what is going on. He can’t do it.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Vitale is only embarrassing himself when he points to graduation rates at the same time major news media is bringing academic fraud into the light.

As for tonight’s game, I worry about a one-sided refereeing affair where UVA is allowed to grapple our players but on the other end, we’re supposed to treat them like they were fragile bits of dinner china.

TheCOWDOG

Alpha…Alpha.

Are you guys trolling me hrs. before game time? 🙂

Have faith. The new rules on “handsies” has forced K into zone philosophy.

Wish our guy would consult the Z matchup gurus, too.

What the hell, for $100/hr…I’m available.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Kenpom admits that his system is not good at predicting for certain teams like Wisconsin and uva

TheCOWDOG

Wisco and Wahoo, 2 teams that’ll leave ya wondering what just happened to your lunch money.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

… i’ll just leave this here

Greatest NC State promo graphic of all time

MrPlywood
    Participant

#VandWagon
    #meanmuggin

Gowolves
    Participant

Gotta love photo shop!

Fastback68
    Participant

Clempson winning late. Go Pack!!!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Mr. Dog… About how many hours do you think it would take to break up the “Cat on Five” ???

Dook & Coach Rat in deep trouble with less than a minute in Littlejohn… Zebras can’t fix this either….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    redcanine
    Participant

Keep those hands up, Vandy.

MrPlywood
    Participant

^If we had “vote up” capability, I’d vote that up. 🙂

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 137 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.