NC State @ BC

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC State @ BC

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 338 total)
  • Author
    Coach Abatemarco
    Participant

Way to finish the half boys. “Sarcasm”

Die hard state fan from the crystal coast!

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

I’d go smaller and press, press, press..Bet we wait too late to implement. Truthfully, we don’t have a good matchup for Hanlan. He’ll post Barber and back him down. Lee is probably the best option. Go small in 2nd half. Please.

JohnGalt78
    Participant

Guys on here jump up my ass about saying we can’t handle success. This is exactly what I have meant by it. This is EXACTLY what we do.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Most of you already know, but I’m an idiot and a moron. Take everything I said in the title post and flush it.

Pray to whatever deity you deem appropriate. This is a disaster of epic proportions. We are in real trouble. That was a Clemson level performance in terms of awful, awful decisions and execution.

It’s going to be extremely tough to come back against BC.

I don’t want to say ‘we are NC State’, but we are NC State.

PackofMac
    Participant

Expect to see more unexplainable coaching decisions and ridiculously horrid play. Really the only thing that truly can not be explained is why in the world did any of us expect anything different. How am I supposed to change my attitude to a more positive light when I as a State fan continue to be treated to a four course meal of crap, poop, crap and more poop.

What a f*ing surprise

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

When we start playing Defense AND REBOUNDING the way we can, we will make the comeback…

nothing less, nothing more…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Coach Abatemarco
    Participant

F it. I am going to go get a shrimp burger and make it back in time to see our miracle 2nd half run. So far this reminds me of wake forest game. Uggghhhh

Die hard state fan from the crystal coast!

pakfanistan
    Participant

When we start playing Defense the way we can, we will make the comeback…

nothing less, nothing more…

No doubt. We’ve been atrocious on D so far.

They’re not shooting 65% because they’re lucky or awesome. It’s because any D1 player can do that when they’re wide open.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Its hard not to question the bb IQ of staff and a few players when we repeatedly outdo ourselves in the dumb department. We fool ourselves into thinking we’re good collectively on defense. We’re not.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

We’ve made some horrid offensive teams like Clemson and BC look really good this year.

Packzingo
    Participant

Lacy doesn’t have any energy, depending on Cat whom is playing great and who else? No show thus far from the bigs. Maybe Cody on Hanlan, atleast he can provide some energy. Turner has never provide defense so if his shot is off, he has no value. We stole one in Chapel Hill and now are determined to give it back!!

mak4dpak
    Participant

Horrible first half! Where is Lacey? No show! Hope he wakes up for the second half, and the defense needs to step it up. This is a team with one conference win, we can’t give them two. But if we continue to play like we are, we will.

Tau837
    Participant

He’ll post Barber and back him down. Lee is probably the best option.

Huh? Barber spent the most time on him in the first half and he didn’t back him down once.

By my unofficial count, Hanlan scored 10 points while Cat was guarding him but also had a turnover and Cat drew both of his fouls. When others guarded him, Hanlan drew 4 fouls and scored 4 points from the line.

Despite the 10 points, Cat did a good job. Hanlan got both of his three pointers behind screens when our big man did not hedge out. Otherwise, he was 2-4 with an offensive foul and a turnover with Cat guarding him.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

Don’t forget that under Dr. Heimlich (Gottfried) State has erased a deficit of more than 10 points on the road only twice and only won 1 of those (13pts @Pitt 2013/14).

Just food for thought when you want to decide if watching the second half is worth your time or doing anything would be better.

JohnGalt78
    Participant

A rally (highly unlikely) to victory will still feel like a defeat. GD it. This makes me sick. Anything positive we had after Tuesday is f’ing gone.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I hate NC State fans more than I hate UNC fans.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Defense and REBOUNDING …

there were 36 missed shots in the first half and we only GOTT 10 rebounds….

If I was coaching, I wouldn’t have let the kids go to the locker room…
    I’d made ’em stay out on the court and “warm-up”…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Tau, you’re right. They haven’t posted him yet, but I suspect it’s coming. It’s not a great matchup for Cat, as good as he is. I still say lee is a better matchup. And I’d go smaller, try to speed it up, and press and trap. BC is smarter than us. Turn this into a track meet, better try to out-athlete them and wear them down.

BJD95
    Keymaster

My team to start second half:

Cat
    Des
    Twin A
    Twin B
    Abu

Press, Run, Slash

Tau837
    Participant

We really can’t win when Lacey takes 4 shots in a half and it isn’t because he is going to the line.

We also can’t win when Lacey and Turner combined are shooting 27% (3/11).

Like many others, I cringe when Washington gets a lot of minutes, but he is our leading scorer, with 8 points. It could have been worse if he wasn’t playing.

Tau837
    Participant

I’d go smaller, try to speed it up, and press and trap

I don’t disagree with this, just to try to change it up and increase pace. But BC strikes me as a team that should be able to handle a press.

eas
    Participant

Why aren’t BOTH Martin boys playing AGAIN? What doesn’t Cody play anymore?

I agree KW and RT on the court at the same time is a shot selection nightmare! Why is KW getting all of these minutes? RT is awful on defense but he can score.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

It’s not over, but I hate that all the talk about “lessons learned” was just talk.

Defense and rebounding the keys to the 2nd half. Hanlan, Heckman, and Clifford are going to make it extremely difficult to come back though. Brown and the other guy have hit their open shots off of ball movement.

17 is a huge hole against this team.

Packzingo
    Participant

Tough being a Pack fan….we simple can’t prosper, therfore we will never live long (sorry Spock) LOL

RedReid
    Participant

Unreal

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 338 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.