NC State Baseball 2016

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC State Baseball 2016

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

So it’s that time of year again. Yep, I know it’s probably snuck up on most of you seeing how it’s still all wintry and stuff, but in only a couple of
    [See the full post at: NC State Baseball 2016]

ncsu1987
    Participant

What an unexpected surprise, you did indeed sneak up on me. Thanks for the fantastic preview, looking forward to following this season.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Great writeup… Wufpacker!

I heard PACK9 season tickets are just $140..

If you are in the Triangle… and you can make half the games…
    you’re guaranteed to get your money’s worth…
    which is more than we can say with respect to football and basketball….

Why not???

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    wolfpack92owen
    Participant

Should be a fun year. Finally got season tickets for the first time since I moved back. I loved watching baseball back when I was in school. Such a perfect event. Laid back and all.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I realized late last week that I have a frigging dentist appointment scheduled for the day of the home opener. Wasn’t happy. Am currently on the “wait list” for either a different day, or an earlier appt. time the same day.

Also considering just canceling outright if I don’t get the appt. upgrade in the next day or two, but also trying to keep the weather in mind. Might rain Tuesday from the look of it anyway. So many variables to early season attendance.

ruffles31
    Keymaster

Heard that Dunand will start at SS at least initially.

O’Donnell had a very good summer at the Cape Cod League.

As long as they use the end of the TCU game as motivation for this year, who knows how well this season can go.

Good luck to the Pack9!

Here is a 5 minute podcast that the guys from D1Baseball.com did as a preview for NC State:

D1Baseball Preview Podcast

Wufpacker
    Participant

^ Awesome. I’d somehow missed that. Made me feel smart though….McLain!!!!! Hehehe…Die Hard reference???? Nobody??? Screw you’s.

Fitt and Rogers et al know dey stuff.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Huzzah! Something we might be good at AND that I can understand!!!

/my apologies to wrestling, of which I am still proud

Pack78
    Participant

Nice writeup Wuf-you are treading in Dr. BP territory and that is a very good thing!

Wufpacker
    Participant

Nice writeup Wuf-you are treading in Dr. BP territory and that is a very good thing!

One could not offer a bigger compliment, but probably not true.
    His self-imposed banishment (which I totally get and have been struggling with myself lately) makes this blog weaker for his absence. I always learned from his insights.

Come back, Winston Wolf….we miss thee…

44rules
    Participant

Thanks Wuf. Enjoyed it.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

Dr. BadgerPack
    Participant

Well… you did say please Wufpacker.

Splendid preview!

MP
    Participant

When it comes to Wolfpack sports – regardless of the quality of the teams in a given year – I rarely find myself wishing I was still in Raleigh specifically so I could attend basketball or football games. But going to baseball games at the Doak… I still miss that.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Garrison Keillor described how the local townsfolk talked about new seasons as if it was unfathomable that it could be a new season already; as if they were shocked that it happened once again. Four surprises every year. Sports seasons are like that, too. For some reason baseball always seems to sneak up the most, though. I don’t know if it’s something about several feet of snow on the ground being at such an eternal distance from the dog days or what. I’m always glad to hear about it, though. Baseball already. Whoda thunk it. Hope I get to watch some games this year. It’s hard following through gametracker and SFN updates. But I’m thankful for them nonetheless.

redisgood
    Participant

My apologies in advance for taking a very minor detour from this wonderful topic, but PackerInRussia, I’ve always been curious. Are you really in Russia, and if yes, how did you end up there? I know a lot of Pack fans feel like they are in Siberia, but only in a figurative sense.

Great topic by the way. I cannot wait for the season to get started.

TheCOWDOG

DBP!

So…I just got back from visiting with the youngsters at the yard,in fact.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Well… you did say please Wufpacker.

Well I’ll be…WWITH. Just made my day. 🙂

So CD, what pearls did you glean and/or impart?

TheCOWDOG

^ Well, Wuf. I know the Williams kid, so…I talked a bit with him, and noticed ??? on some other faces, like…who’s that shaggy haired ol’ f#%k.

I saw the Frosh pitcher, Acosta’s older brother pitch in Cali a few times, so Williams got him over.

Of course, I got around to my 3 straight ACC rings.

LOL

mak4dpak
    Participant

The wrestling team is doing well, as mentioned, but again, all is not lost in basketball, as the women are also having a good season.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Sometimes I just gotta shake my head and move on.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Of course, I got around to my 3 straight ACC rings.

LOL

I would be disappointed in anything less.

john of sparta
    Participant

redisgood:
    i have posted from
    toyko, panama city, st. petersburg, and istanbul.
    essentially, i am where i make more money than anywhere else.

redisgood
    Participant

^ That’s a great way to do it. My job takes me all over the world, but I’m never in one place more than a few weeks at a time. I’ve come close to putting down stakes for a few years in other countries, but I’ve just never pulled the trigger.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

I ended up here for work and have stayed. I own a business with another guy. I’m certainly not pursuing citizenship or anything and I make regular trips back to the US, but I’ve grown to enjoy it. But don’t worry, I’m still white, blue, and red through and through.

BJD95
    Keymaster

In Soviet Russia, ball bases YOU!!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 154 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.