NC State Baseball 2016

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC State Baseball 2016

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    redwolf87
    Participant

And bless their cheatin’ hearts, Carolina leapfrogs us to #6, up from #10, by virtue of a weekend sweep of (then #12) Okie State. Can’t argue with that, but it still pisses me off.

First chance the Pravda gets.

No matter if deserved or not.

Will relay someday my conversation with a local TV sports anchor that told me all I needed to know about the lay of the land. Like I needed that to convince me.

Wufpacker
    Participant

^ Have you told me that story before? Something there sounds familiar.
    But admittedly my aging gray matter cannot recall the details if you did, so feel free to gush as your leisure.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Chance Shepard is a man possessed so far. Just jacked another to give the Pack a 1-0 lead in the 2nd.
    That’s five already in only the 9th game of the year, a pace which won’t hold, but he might flirt with 20 if teams keep pitching to him.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Pack up 5-1 going to the 7th.

TheCOWDOG

Ball shoulda had wings early. Looks like the Jet vanished by maybe the 3rd, or 4th.

Wufpacker
    Participant

5-2 Final.
    Pack moves to 7-2 overall. Irish Classic this weekend.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Ball shoulda had wings early. Looks like the Jet vanished by maybe the 3rd, or 4th.

Yup, died down here in the sticks as well. Well, mostly.
    Morning and early PM family duties kept me from getting out there today. My ear canals will probably thank me tomorrow for avoiding the cold wind.

Pack78
    Participant

Wright State, UNCG, and UNCW are a combined 17-2 (if my math is right) outside of their losses to the Pack…

Wufpacker
    Participant

^ I haven’t done the overall math to date, but that sounds about right. Wright and UNC-W were both undefeated before hitting Raleigh and I think UNC-G had one loss.

Pack78
    Participant

Pack leads Niagara 2-1 in the 2nd, our two runs coming on another Shepard dinger; makes six games in a row with an HR for him.

Wufpacker
    Participant

7-1 Final.
    Shepard’s HR broke the school record for consecutive games with a HR, btw.
    McLain also went yard…his’n was of the grand slam variety.
    Ryan Williamson, in spite of being a bit shaky at times, fought hard for the win.
    Fun game.

Gowolves
    Participant

Pack wins pitching duel with Bama, 2-1. Good win cause I think Bama has a good team.

Wufpacker
    Participant

^ Yes they do. ‘Twas a good win, yes.
    Shepard’s consecutive game HR streak ends at 6, but he still plates the winning run with a sac fly.
    Team Ball.

Gowolves
    Participant

I haven’t seen a game yet this season in person but will be going to a few later in the season(After the 4/15). Seems like this team has the ability to win in several different manners. High scoring game, pitchers duel, late game comeback, etc. It is a little bit early but this team just knows how to win. Whatever it takes. They look like they have some good leaders on this team.

TheCOWDOG

“They look like they have some good leaders on this team.”

Yes. They will be needed throughout the season, as there will be much to overcome wafting from the dugout.

It was on display last night with a bonehead double steal attempt with runners on 1st and 2nd no outs, and a pinchhitting, utility infielder staying in the game, in right, pretty much costing the solo run given up.

It’s early, but the season flys quickly, and I likes da chances.

Gowolves
    Participant

Can you speak to the dugout issues?

TheCOWDOG

Not an issue. Facts of life with Elliott.

He somehow finds ballplayers that double as hurdlers, ’cause he sure enough knows how to lay out an obstacle course.

Wufpacker
    Participant

5-2 Final at Doak today vs Bucknell.
    Win streak at 7. Chance Shepard goes yard for the 7th time in 8 games.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Can you speak to the dugout issues?

SNAFU….is one of my favorite acronyms.
    It may or may not be pertinent to ‘Dog’s point.
    (it is)

Gowolves
    Participant

Shepard almost had another in the eighth inning. To the center field warning track if I recall.

Wufpacker
    Participant

15 of the top 16 (including NCSU at #8) remain unchanged this week.
    GT and Clemson climb in at #21 and #22 respectively….giving the ACC nearly 1/3 of the poll this week.
    http://www.d1baseball.com/d1-rankings/

Wufpacker
    Participant

Pack wins 4-2.
    8 straight wins against (mostly) good competition.
    Wooo!!!!

Wufpacker
    Participant

4-0 win.

BJD95
    Keymaster

WOO!!!!! After all, we’uns just a simple rasslin’ and el beisbol school…

TheCOWDOG

Roots.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 154 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.