NC State Baseball 2016

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC State Baseball 2016

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 154 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

Conference slate starts this weekend.
    BC comes to town for three starting today at 3pm.

And it appears that “Stunning” is the new celebration of choice.
    …which apparently involves a simulated kick to the groin and neck snapping.
    These kids today…I tell ya.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Pack commits four errors en route to a 7-0 asskicking at the hands of BC for the (home) conference opener.
    If I was prone to depression, I’d be fashioning a noose right now. As it is….I will merely drink heavily.

TheCOWDOG

I am Elliott’s brain:

” Big day today, being the ACC opener. Yeah. We’ve won 9 straight…What can I do to make this special?

I know! Let’s turn our lineup upside down, and start some fresh faces! Hell, yeah. I’m a baseball genious!”

Wufpacker
    Participant

^ This

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

When the skipper even looks like a fool arguing with umpires, you know you’re in for treat with the calls from the dugout. 1 out 10 chance he actually argues a call that needs arguing

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Pack wins 3-2 over BC today. Browne with shaky start but quieted down and was solid. Some timely hits and a solo shot in 1st by kizner. And my 16-month old future Wolfpack backstop met mr wolf and enjoyed his first game at the Doak

Wufpacker
    Participant

Not to (further) depress everyone on selection Sunday, but Pack9 manages to squander a bases loaded nobody out rally, with the heart of the order up in the bottom of the 9th today. Lose again to BC today 1-0, lose the HOME series to BC 1-2.
    Bright spot….Johnny Piedmonte looked damned good today….finally.
    We need Jobu to wake bats.

Time to drink and watch all the other schools find out where they’re playing for March Madness I guess.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Oy

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

My impression watching bc was that the aren’t as bad as years past, and we’re also not a top 15-20 team yet. In years past, I called it the baseball America effect, where acc and southeastern teams were overrated. I think baseball America has us about right. D1baseball.com is generous with their ranking

Wufpacker
    Participant

My impression watching bc was that the aren’t as bad as years past, and we’re also not a top 15-20 team yet. In years past, I called it the baseball America effect, where acc and southeastern teams were overrated. I think baseball America has us about right. D1baseball.com is generous with their ranking

Agreed on all points. We may get there yet, but Fitt and Rodgers have way more faith in our stock at the moment than I do. and I also agree that BC did not look like the stinker they have in years past.

choppack1
    Participant

I don’t watch a lot of wolfpack baseball, bit when I do, I get very frustrated with Elliot avent.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Wuf, I didn’t see today’s game, so I’m curious how the bottom of 9 played out. Must not have put in play. Hard not to push at least one across in that scenario.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Loaded the bases on two singles and a walk.
    Knizner popped out to very shallow right (I think)
    Palmeiro popped out SS or 2B (can’t remember which…middle infield, but no further)
    Shepard had a FC, 5-4, forceout at 2nd to end it.

But I have to say that I was very impressed with BC’s pitching this weekend.

That being said, a sac fly should not have been too much to ask for to force extra frames (at least).

Wufpacker
    Participant

Pack falls to 13.
    Overall….pretty generous (as 67 and I have alluded to already).
    http://www.d1baseball.com/d1-rankings/

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

I’m never shocked by avent’s moves anymore, but to his defense, he has more pieces to play with in the field and at the plate. I’ve always thought batting orders were screwy. I’ve only seen a few games this year but I like the potential of the order. Nice balance of speed, contact hitters, and some pop. If he plays it right

Classof89
    Participant

On subject of Avent’s screwy lineup choices, can someone explain to me why Willard is starting some games in outfield with a .188 batting average? Its not like we need his defense in left field…

On another note, I’d appreciate you baseball insider’s opinion on Avent’s chances of being back in 2017 if the BC series results hold up and we go something like 10-20 or 12-18 this year in ACC (not impossible, if you look at our road series). It’s pretty obvious he doesn’t have a warm relationship with Yow, but, on the other hand, he seems to have a LOT of support from the good old boy network as a Pack alum and eastern NC native. I dislike Avent, but I feel pessimistic given what’s going on in the revenue sports that Yow feels like she’d be in a position to pull the plug on a 20 year coach. Baseball is a little higher profile than Mens soccer, the last sport where she put an old timer with some past success out to pasture.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Pack gets back into the win column tonight with an 8-3 win over Indiana State.

TheCOWDOG

^
    Thanks, Wuf.

Avent needs a cat or two…a ball of yarn…

Wufpacker
    Participant

^
    Thanks, Wuf.

Avent needs a cat or two…a ball of yarn…

The ball of yarn alone might do the trick.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Pack falls to the Sycamores (SYCAMORES??????….REALLY????) 11-7 today.
    ND hits Raleigh on Friday.

highstick
    Participant

I am Elliott’s brain:

” Big day today, being the ACC opener. Yeah. We’ve won 9 straight…What can I do to make this special?

I know! Let’s turn our lineup upside down, and start some fresh faces! Hell, yeah. I’m a baseball genious!”

Serious? I only come back here for baseball and gardening(until you guys start posting nudies…and now you’re telling me this???

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

highstick
    Participant

Heard that Dunand will start at SS at least initially.

O’Donnell had a very good summer at the Cape Cod League.

As long as they use the end of the TCU game as motivation for this year, who knows how well this season can go.

Good luck to the Pack9!

Here is a 5 minute podcast that the guys from D1Baseball.com did as a preview for NC State:

D1Baseball Preview Podcast

Was on the Cape in September and saw the “park” in Newport…I could “do that” as a college kid!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

choppack1
    Participant

Thanks histick – I just went to the gardening thread for nothing….nice to see avent is working his magic again.

Wufpacker
    Participant

State takes gm 1 vs ND on Friday, 9-1 Final. Evens ACC record to 2-2.
    Saturday’s first pitch has been moved up to 2pm due to impending weather.

Wufpacker
    Participant

4-0 lead evaporates, Pack falls to ND today in 12, 8-4.

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 154 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.