NC STATE at DUKE PREVIEW

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC STATE at DUKE PREVIEW

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 285 total)
  • Author
    ILPackfan
    Participant

The moral victory, at this point, will be to keep the lead under 30. Good grief.

Rick
    Keymaster

BriAr patch all but have wb as a wedgie

Wufpacker
    Participant

Hey, courtesy of Bill Raftery…our next billboard campaign….

STATING OUR CASE!!!

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

As far as I’m concerned this season is over. Got the Superbowl to look forward to and then the start of baseball season!

Rick
    Keymaster

As far as I’m concerned this season is over. Got the Superbowl to look forward to and then the start of baseball season!

About three only thing left is the mocking

bsly
    Participant

our bigs are just not that good. vandenburg looks lost half the time. he is so lacking of fundamentals.

spintk
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>spintk wrote:</div>
    I have to do my part to even on the ref hate. ;)

In all seriousness, the game is much closer than I figured it would be.

And btw, the only thing I said that was remotely offensive was, “Jesus Christ.” For obvious reasons, I’ll refrain from that. It doesn’t mean my comments about the coach are any more over the top than the incessant ref whining.

Focus on the game. There is no reason to criticize there other postErs. If you want to criticize the coach have st it but don’t get pissy when people fire back

I have not criticized anyone here.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

Looks like VT and GT are worse than us.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Left ankle for Warren.
    Why not?

pakfanistan
    Participant

God, Duke cries about every single foul called on them.

Texpack
    Participant

I wouldn’t give up on the season yet. The only ACC loss that hurts at this point is Wake. Lewis is playing better which will limit the damage by Barber.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Over the back = travel.

vtpackfan
    Participant

JV shouldn’t play against a team like Duke-long rebounds that he will never touch.

No matter how Lewis plays this half it’s refreshing that Cat ride some pine. One should always know that “you suck=you don’t play” exist. I don’t think he knows anything about that idea.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Enough punk sh*t … get ’em Anya

packalum44
    Participant

Wow. We are making Duke look like an All Star team. We are playing and coaching right into their competitive advantages.

The cognitive bias phenomenon of “anchoring” has caused me to compare Gott to Lowe, which makes him look like a helluva coach. Now that I’m watching a very well coached team in Duke play a Gott team, I am enjoying the benefit of relativity. The contrast is stark and frightening.

1- why are our guards not coached to dribble into contact? If you haven’t painfully noticed…we have the quickest PG in the ACC yet he doesn’t draw many fouls when defended tightly away from the basket nor on drives. Even Vandy hasn’t learned in 5 years to maintain position when being hounded defensively on the high post. Sure they called a foul but the possession before he was falling away from the defender instead of standing your ground and drawing a foul…coaching.

2- we aren’t a good up-tempo team this year. Duke lacks a true post presence. Why are we having a track meet with them and playing into their strength? In fact one of our many weaknesses is ball control and turnovers. We should minimize possessions to have any chance.

Duke thrives off tempo, aggressive defense and just general chaos.

Gameplan: disrupt their essence by making the game half-court. Dribble and drive into their players ever possession. (our players don’t have that skill b/c they haven’t ever been coached to do so) Be physical inside and foul them hard when necessary.

Basketball coaching isn’t hard. Could you imagine if NCAA coach’s average IQ was 130 instead of idk…115.

JaxPackMan
    Participant

Regarding the turnovers, Duke plays an agressive pressure defense, which puts the other team on the “defensive” so to speak. In my view, they have always gotten away with too much body contact, elbowing, and hand checking, that should be called as a foul instead is considered “good” defense. Then when the other team tries the same tactic on Duke, Rat Face screams bloody murder and the refs respond accordingly with the charge calls, etc.

JaxPackMan
    NCSU class of '76
    Jacksonville, FL

bsly
    Participant

When duke is allowed to play like that, there’s not much you can do.

Rick
    Keymaster

Up twenty six and trying top hurt players. I say make them pay.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Not sure why Lewis had to come out while ago

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

<IGNORE>

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Rick
    Keymaster

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>spintk wrote:</div>
    I have to do my part to even on the ref hate. ;)

In all seriousness, the game is much closer than I figured it would be.

And btw, the only thing I said that was remotely offensive was, “Jesus Christ.” For obvious reasons, I’ll refrain from that. It doesn’t mean my comments about the coach are any more over the top than the incessant ref whining.

Focus on the game. There is no reason to criticize there other postErs. If you want to criticize the coach have st it but don’t get pissy when people fire back

I have not criticized anyone here.

You absolutely did. You are not going to last long here at the rate you are going. This topic is over. Focus on the game.

spintk
    Participant

Wow. We are making Duke look like an All Star team. We are playing and coaching right into their competitive advantages.

The cognitive bias phenomenon of “anchoring” has caused me to compare Gott to Lowe, which makes him look like a helluva coach. Now that I’m watching a very well coached team in Duke play a Gott team, I am enjoying the benefit of relativity. The contrast is stark and frightening.

1- why are our guards not coached to dribble into contact? If you haven’t painfully noticed…we have the quickest PG in the ACC yet he doesn’t draw many fouls when defended tightly away from the basket nor on drives. Even Vandy hasn’t learned in 5 years to maintain position when being hounded defensively on the high post. Sure they called a foul but the possession before he was falling away from the defender instead of standing your ground and drawing a foul…coaching.

2- we aren’t a good up-tempo team this year. Duke lacks a true post presence. Why are we having a track meet with them and playing into their strength? In fact one of our many weaknesses is ball control and turnovers. We should minimize possessions to have any chance.

Duke thrives off tempo, aggressive defense and just general chaos.

Gameplan: disrupt their essence by making the game half-court. Dribble and drive into their players ever possession. (our players don’t have that skill b/c they haven’t ever been coached to do so) Be physical inside and foul them hard when necessary.

Basketball coaching isn’t hard. Could you imagine if NCAA coach’s average IQ was 130 instead of idk…115.

Very well said. Touché.

pakfanistan
    Participant

OK, I hate complaining about refs, but there’s SO MUCH CONTACT on our possessions, and it’s so rarely a foul.

Rick
    Keymaster

OK, I hate complaining about refs, but there’s SO MUCH CONTACT on our possessions, and it’s so rarely a foul.

x

Agreed. But who didn’t know that add soon as games got top Cameron. The acc is a joke

Rick
    Keymaster

If the wake game gets called like this the game would have been different imo

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 285 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.