NC STATE at DUKE PREVIEW

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC STATE at DUKE PREVIEW

Viewing 25 posts - 226 through 250 (of 285 total)
  • Author
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

Good to see their soccer guys could get some time against us

Wufpacker
    Participant

Well, that was….not pretty.

Glad I got mid 70s and sunny outside.

Later.

wolfpup44
    Participant

I have been sitting here for 30 minutes thinking of something to say, but words cannot describe how I feel. The only consolation is I live at the beach in CA walking distance from a lot of alcohol to help me forget. Another 30 point loss.

vtpackfan
    Participant

Gottfried the Guilded. It’s all external with no substance.

Every game HAS to be determined by the other team and/or referees. It has to be….

There is no style our substance to a Gottfried coached team-they just play monkey-see-monkey do to whatever the opposition/officiating makes them out to.

He’s a fake-ESPN was a match made in heaven job.

redcanine
    Participant

We fell down too much. Every time there was contact, it was one of ours who got off balance and hit the deck. Foul? Probably. Still, too weak.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Smoke if you GOTT ’em….

POP!

Truth is, hard as it is to admit, that game went pretty much as expected….
    If you want to be the Best…. you GOTT to play with and against the Best.

We GOTT a lot to learn and execute to be a Good Team.

And FWIW, if Sid’s cupboard had been bare…
    We would have had this conversation two years ago.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wufpacker
    Participant

LMAO, Doug Gottlieb telling it like it is.

pakfanistan
    Participant

LMAO, Doug Gottlieb telling it like it is.

Did I hear him right? Did he say that NC State is a terrible team?

bsly
    Participant

The guy on the after game show on cbs just said it all. “NC State is a pretty bad team…”

WeAreCured
    Participant

Doug Gottlieb: “Outside of TJ Warren, NC State stinks.” Awesome.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I believe his exact words were….

“Aside from TJ Warren, NC State stinks”

Though maybe that was just my own voice in my head.

Rick
    Keymaster

The truth hurts.

We are am awful team. Youth is no excuse for this ineptness

packer74
    Participant

The beatings will continue until morale improves. Wait til UMD knocks us off in Raleigh.

MrPlywood
    Participant

This game was actually on broadcast TV up here, which quickly fell into the “be careful what you wish for” category. *sigh*

vtpackfan
    Participant

My statement that he is ALL external, and that his coaching style has ZERO substance may seem a stretch, but ask yourself….

Why has he never pointed the finger at himself?

Why has he never outwardly displayed a reaction of displeasure with how HIS coaching isn’t meeting the demand?

99 out of 100 big boy college basketball team HC’s would do that in some form once the 30+ blowout losses begin to reoccur.

budfox88
    Participant

Is it possible that we could be last in conference in both football and basketball this year? Has that ever happened?

Wolfpac2014
    Participant

Can’t wait for baseball season!
    That is the only team at NCSU that can be completive for a full season.
    How far State has fallen.
    Time to rethink writing that check ?

Wolfpac2014
    Participant

Enjoy the beach.
    Here on East Coast lots of TarHole fans crowing.

eas
    Participant

A friend of mine (Dukie) texts me during the game randomly and says:

“Does State run any plays at all? It is just unorganized street ball. I didn’t really how bad the coaching was but dang that’s bad”

Now he isn’t a basketball genius but just the point was striking. He isn’t a trash talker either. Anyway, as much as I hate to admit it we are so lost out there. It is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO unorganized it is hard to watch. I DO LIKE THIS TEAM and I think the potential is there. However, the progress to this point rests on the shoulders of Gott and Co.

No more excuses,blaming the refs, youth, new system, shots not falling etc. We all know Gott has a free pass until next year but one has to think his seat is warming following such an awful FB season (I know they are seperate but that FB frustration can carry over to BB a good bit). Crap I don’t know what to say anymore. I just want to be relevant again and not be bottom dwellers.

We should be better than we are (a lot better) at this point. Please Gott figure something out or at least try something new. Good coaches adapt to what they have even if it means a TOTALLY different style of play….at least for now.

patientwuf
    Participant

The truth hurts.

We are am awful team. Youth is no excuse for this ineptness

Ageed! Will the truth set Gott free?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Gentlemen…There’s a lot that could be said… but it might be best to wait for the 24hr cool off period to expire first.

For now… I’m thinking …

1. Coaches are doing the best they know how with what they have to work with…. and they will be the last man down with the ship.

2. Players are doing the best they can ALL things considered.

3. There’s a elegant balance in good recruiting between “taking those you can take” and “getting those you can get”.

4. Making pre-season predictions of player and, more importantly, TEAM SUCCESS based on recruiting service ratings (stars) leads to grave mistakes in judgement and unnecessary physical stress, including substance abuse of various kinds. This rules applies equally to players, coaches and fans.

————-

For some reason…. I’m thinking the jump from High School competition and AAU ShowBall (not real basketball) to Tobacco Road is about the same as from the local USMC recruiting office to Parris Island for every freshman roundballer within 20 minutes of I-40.

There is an awful lot of RAW ABILITY, very little Talent (as defined elsewhere) and minimal BBall IQ in our young kids….
    and it’s going to take a couple of seasons for most of them to be the best they can be regardless of the color of their jerseys.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Adventuroo
    Participant

OK….before everybody starts tequila double shots…..

We GOT GOTT for 4 more years….his original deal was 5. He somehow (fill in the blank) got to a sweet 16. BINGO….his ticket was punched for 2 more years…Automatic….no action on Yow’s part.
    his BASE is $750K….that is a $3,000,000. YOW ain’t GOTT that money…..and unless she invokes one of the “morals” clauses….aka Petrino, he ain’t going out the door….

NOW, he DID get a raise in the fall of 2012. His “supplemental” went from $450K to $1,200K or a cool $750K increase. That has absolutely NO impact on the contractual obligation of his BASE times the years left.

Maybe that WILL drive some to hit the hard stuff early….

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Look at Gottfried’s track record. No surprises anywhere. There were those that said the 2011 and 2012 were missing vital pieces. That was a laugher. Those teams downright underachieved.

Those teams ranked 33rd and 9th respectively in offensive efficiency. They had five skilled players at every position and could score from every place on the floor. Now, Gottfried has interior players and point guards with little experience, and no consistent shooters. This team turns it over more and is currently 95th in offensive efficiency, soon to drop some more.

The one constant is terrible defense. Rankings of 78 (2012), 112 (2013), and now 124 in 2014 just don’t cut it. I’ve said it time and time again, that run in 2011 was keyed by much improved defense, and we still were an average to below average defensive team.

Face it, Gottfried won at Murray State against average competition, he joined a very mediocre SEC, and excelled for a few years, only to be exposed in key games and NCAA competition for his weaknesses as a coach. He walked into a lineup that 99% of NCAA coaches would have dreamed about coaching. He underachieved then. He underachieves now. Only because the depths of this program had sunk so low during the Robinson, Sendek, and Lowe eras were we thrilled to watch two straight NCAA births. I had no misconceptions that we’d be a good team this year. I thought possibly, we could be a .500 team in conference, but after seeing this team early, I thought that would be a leap. We may very well be closer to .500 overall by year’s end, if that.

Prowling Woofie
    Participant

State won’t win another conference game. Period.

Any way to keep Gott as a recruiter, but find us a real coach ? Didn’t think so….

Wolfanatic
    Participant

This season of State basketball is an example of diminishing marginal utility for me….so sad..

Viewing 25 posts - 226 through 250 (of 285 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.