N.C. State @ Virginia, 7pm

Home Forums All StateFansNation N.C. State @ Virginia, 7pm

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 203 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

I always have to laugh re: the Mike Glennon looking kid on the Subway commercial.

MrPlywood
    Participant

This one got away quickly. Poor shots, odd moving screen calls (UVA #10 could easily be called for similar), and youth/lack of playing time (not knowing where the other guy is going to be) all conspired…

Wulfpack
    Participant

Bennett is a masterful defensive coach and he’s showing you why this half. We can’t do anything offensively. And his kids do everything pretty well. Team basketball. We played a good 30 minutes or so but they locked us down when they had to.

BassPacker
    Participant

Two 6 plus minutes of not scoring because one player tried to take over the game and force shots. Not looking forward to Sunday.

eas
    Participant

Bennett is one heck of a coach. Wow has he turned that program around.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Twin to twin assist

WolfWiz11
    Participant

Free throw shooting. Lacey playing unnecessary hero ball. Defensive rebounding.

Moral victory?

eas
    Participant

Cat sighting! He scored.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Moral victory?

I’d vote no.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Bennett is one heck of a coach. Wow has he turned that program around.

He is on his way to being the next rockstar. They don’t look like they are good, but at the end of the day, you look at the scoreboard. The man is one heck of a coach, and he’s still got a bunch of years left.

Wulfpack
    Participant

And this is no slight on Gott, as he’s done good for us, but this was a no contest the second half.

Wufpacker
    Participant

They don’t look like they are good, but at the end of the day, you look at the scoreboard. The man is one heck of a coach, and he’s still got a bunch of years left.

Bennett is what HWSNBN strives (but fails) to be.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

Questions I have:
    1. When will Gott talk to Lacey about not playing hero ball?
    2. When will our PGs learn to trust the bigs enough to throw it to em off the pick and roll?
    3. When will our bigs learn to actually finish from 4 feet?

ILPackfan
    Participant

The Charlottesville curse continues. It’s not as flashy as the Durham or Chapel Hill curses, but it’s just as for real (now 3-19 at UVA since 1990).

MrPlywood
    Participant

2. When will our PGs learn to trust the bigs enough to throw it to em off the pick and roll?
    3. When will our bigs learn to actually finish from 4 feet?

This “a” and “b”.

choppack1
    Participant

I thought we played pretty good d tonight. But I never thought uva would kill us on offensive boards but then again we pretty much have a sign that says “we don’t box out or do end help d well.”

Still – I think its encouraging that our d played well enough for us to get the “w”. It was horrendous shot selection that killed us….its low IQ basketball and it is always manifesting itself in one lopsided stat or another.

However, that was not an nit team or attitude I saw wearing the “s” tonight so that’s a good sign.

spintk
    Participant

Is it time to start questioning Mark’s coaching? We were hanging in there with better than average shooting, but when it came down to it, we couldn’t play smart enough, eg the really bad shooting decisions, to pull it out. Not only that, we didn’t really stop the bleeding–which I attribute to coaching–until Mark decided to call a timeout with 1 minute left to go and down 10 points. I just think the guy is in over his head here. Not to mention he doesn’t even recruit that well.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Final question for GOTT
    4. When will you learn that Light Blue is NOT a Game Day Shirt Color choice…

Seriously,

We looked great for most of the game….but we got outplayed at the end. Maybe outcoached.

Several of the folks around us in the PNC were expecting a 20 point blow out or Butt Kicking…

I was very proud of our effort tonight….up till about 5 to go…..then we looked like the team that I feared would show up…

Lacey may have taken over….but Cat was NOT EVEN IN THE STATE of VIRGINIA for most of the game.

Turner and Washington carried us and they need credit for that. The Martin twins also had great games….oh YES….they are FROSH…

Wulfpack
    Participant

UVa forced us into a number of those bad shots. They wear on you and sometimes you take the easy way out. They just never give you the easy look.

We played well, but not well enough to beat a very good basketball team. I suspect the same Saturday.

You know a Big 10 power is going to come calling Bennett soon. Will he listen?

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

Unofficial stats…subject to change

1st Half Stats:

Good offense, Poor defense but decent defensive rebounding. Reduced second chance points, down by 1.

2nd Half Stats:

Poof offense, decent defense but bad defensive rebounding. No second chances for the Pack but plenty for UVA, lost the half by 9.

Final Stats:

Defensive rebounding is very important for this team. That and free throws the big difference in this game even with the tough offensive shooting second half.

charger17
    Participant

I don’t blame Lacey at all. If he doesn’t try to take over, it looks worse. I hate it, but Cat just cannot run this offense, or this offense isn’t meant for Cat to run. He sucks the life out of things on the offense at the point. Reminds me of nine years ago offense.

spintk
    Participant

Idk know man. Playing 1 vs 5 in college basketball, ANY team could FORCE you into that. It has happened all year long. We get blown out or we barely lose, it doesn’t matter, the play stays the same. Only difference is that this game the shots were falling. When it gets crunch time; time to really strap up your boots and go to work–does Mark Gottfried have the coaching capacity to get us there? I think not.

mak4dpak
    Participant

No we didn’t, but we certainly could have won this game. Just didn’t play smart the last 6 minutes of the game, poor shooting, and not blocking out on their end. Live and learn. Beat Duke!

charger17
    Participant

C’mon now, just because we don’t have Bennett and the team at his disposal this year, doesn’t mean we need to talk about changing Gott. Did he get out-coached? Sure, but let’s regroup and keep fighting.

redcanine
    Participant

The game is much too fast for BeeJay and Lennard. And it only gets tougher for them from the free throw line when the clock has stopped. I’m very disappointed in their production.

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 203 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.