N.C. State @ Virginia, 7pm

Home Forums All StateFansNation N.C. State @ Virginia, 7pm

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 203 total)
  • Author
    wufpup76
    Keymaster

N.C. State Wolfpack (11-4, 2-0) @ Virginia Cavaliers (13-0, 1-0) – 7pm @ John Paul Jones Arena | TV: Espn2 Virginia team page | GoPack game preview Th
    [See the full post at: N.C. State @ Virginia, 7pm ]

redisgood
    Participant

Virginia has the #1 rated defense in the country, and also are the number one field goal shooting percentage team in the country. We are going to beat them how?

Never mind, my mistake. I went and re-checked my facts, and they are #2 defensively, and #20 in FG%. We’ve got this one.

Fastback68
    Participant

State was 11-4 at the same juncture last year and simply got destroyed by UVA 31 pt loss and by Duke 35 pt loss. The team was 11-7, the fan base was screaming and State then beat Maryland (without TJ), GT (OT) and FSU. The with merit “those teams suck” versus with merit “State showed a certain toughness against three programs that have given us fits in the past” argument began.

Last year, I thought TJ ironman Warren would pick the team up and carry them on his back and he did. I don’t know what happens this year. Lacey has shown flashes of that demeanor and the ability to answer. There are 13 games after this 3 game stretch and then the ACCT. It boils down to toughness.

I think if I were Gott I would make the team watch those two beatdowns and ask “What Say You in 2014”.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Toughness …

Well… on that level… it’s really a battle of “Wills”…

The ‘Hoos are going to try to make us do things we don’t want to do…
    and we, hopefully, will be doing the same right back at ’em…

Best Man/Team wins…

——————

Then there’s the Coach’s Bag of Tricks…

I’m looking at ours…

and…

I’m going to have to call you back in a little while ’bout that…

For now.. lemme just say… we’re going to need to get and make (two different things) more than our share of good breaks…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    BJD95
    Keymaster

I swear, I still look at UVA and don’t understand how they are any good. I accept that they ARE, and that they will likely beat us like the proverbial red-headed stepchild. The numbers, and recent history, don’t lie.

They will get a 1 or 2 seed, the numbers will back it up, everyone will admit they deserve it. And they will get long odds to win the title, which nobody will take, and they won’t make the Final Four, and nobody will be surprised.

Timbo
    Participant

It is my belief that we will win right up until the point where it appears we wont. outside the fact its on the road and against a very good team that is undefeated, this may be offset by the law of averages and the fact that Virginia is not going to finish the season undefeated, may be just the cosmic edge we need to defeat them at their house. while I believe the odds are astronomical, I still believe in an occasional faith based surprise especially after the look on the faces of the UNX fans after their recent letdown.

So they are good on defense and yes they are a very good offensive team compared to shots taken and points scored. I believe that we can win because this is the ACC and you had better bring it every night or the law of averages will catch up with you.

So as a fan that has seen David Thompson play in real life and very rarely misses a game, I believe this team can win.

PapaJohn
    Participant

I think UVA really shows how an excellent coach can take a ‘good’ team, and make them a ‘great’ team. Other than Anderson, they really haven’t got a remarkable cast that you’d expect to jump to the NBA anytime soon. But there are a lot of good players.
    I just can’t see how we can beat these guys without shooting 70%. Defensively, they will make us uncomfortable and reactive at best – and turn it over a ton, at worst. Offensively, they just keep scoring. They score on a high percentage of their possessions.
    I don’t see how we can keep up with them.
    This is going to be rough to watch.

Khan
    Participant

I’d short NC State stock here. Bear market of a 3-4 game schedule coming up.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Hoos’ have more than their share of 3 and 4 year guys …
    That’s enough to make a ‘difference’ right there… before going any further…

Getting “Senior Leadership” in the era of “one and done” and “transfer to play”…
    is every coaches headache… including Tony Bennett.

Nevertheless…
    I like the way ^Timbo thinks!!

There is a Full Moon tonight.

redisgood
    Participant

I’d short NC State stock here. Bear market of a 3-4 game schedule coming up.

Khan, you’re shorting penny stocks now? Just kidding, but there will definitely be a buy low opportunity after tonight’s game.

rthomas44
    Participant

If state will not jump out to a crazy l
    ead and just hang close they have a chance

SaccoV
    Participant

Tonight, the Pack turns the ‘John Paul Jones’ Arena into the “Number One Paul Jones” Arena as we apply the Indian Deathlock on the Virginia Cavaliers. Who’s got the belt, WVWolf?!?!?

Texpack
    Participant

I will operate on the principle that an optimist is never pleasantly surprised and be a pessimist for tonight.

BJD95
    Keymaster

George Will “The great thing about being a pessimist is that one is constantly being pleasantly surprised or proven right.”

Khan
    Participant

Khan, you’re shorting penny stocks now? Just kidding, but there will definitely be a buy low opportunity after tonight’s game.

Lol! I wouldn’t buy after tonight’s game. Maybe buy after the Duke game for a potential swing trade. We’ll lose to UNC, which will likely be priced in, but maybe could get a bounce by beating FSU.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

George Will “The great thing about being a pessimist is that one is constantly being pleasantly surprised or proven right.”

A favorite quote of mine that I posted on my office door years ago.

Another one of my favorites that has nothing do with BB, but comes up frequently in life:

Never attribute to malice those things easily explained by incompetence.
    Napoleon (supposedly)

PapaJohn
    Participant

it’s “nice” not “great”

“The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised.”

George Will

Daniel_Simpson_Day
    Participant

MrPlywood
    Participant

I’m partial to “I’m often wrong but never in doubt.”

Timbo
    Participant

It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
    “It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.” – Walt Disney

The last thing any NCSTATE fan should ever do is doubt the possible,

“what do we do when we fail? we pick ourselves back up” said The Butler to BATMAN.

Is Trevor Lacy really “BATMAN” and can Ralston Turner be Robin, course we don’t have Cat woman, but we do have Cat Barber. I’m going to get drunker than a skunk and quote this stuff all night at the Bar.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… we don’t have Cat woman …

Of Course we do…

Paging DrWuffette… to the operating room, stat….

and we got Khan too!

TheCOWDOG

Doc Muffette, baby!

Hey. If they can manage to find the low post tonight…

Of course that means successfully getting the ball past the 5 second line, and the boys down low going to the hole with authority…

Bennet was the guy I scoped years ago. Beej, put the hexxa mecca ding ding on that one.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Napoleon (supposedly)

That one is a favorite of mine as well.

I’m also partial to “If you’re going through hell, just keep going”.
    -Churchill (IIRC)

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Whenever you see a post of mine, please consider this! 🙂

packbackr04
    Participant

Abu and Washington get the start

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 203 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.