Miller Family can suck it

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Miller Family can suck it

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    ancsu87
    Participant

If you’re wondering what happened to your post, I deleted it.

Note that it takes me exactly one click to delete a post. Stay on the right side of the line.

Seriously? You allow this thread to stay but delete a post critical of the thread? You could not give the public a worse view of WPN.

I wasn’t thrilled with the hire either but I also knew nothing of Keatts. After doing due diligence I can see the upside. Other than Marshall I don’t know who might have been better on paper.

The interest in a Sendek protégée has always puzzled me. Yes he has done well at Dayton but no more than Keatts at UNC-W which has historically been a graveyard for young coaches outside of Clemson’s current coach. I expect Keatts will do better in the ACC than he has to date.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Seriously? You allow this thread to stay but delete a post critical of the thread.
    [/quote]

Nope. I deleted posts with sixth grade personal attacks.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Yes he has done well at Dayton but no more than Keatts at UNC-W which has historically been a graveyard for young coaches outside of Clemson’s current coach. I expect Keatts will do better in the ACC than he has to date.

You are struggling with facts. Archie has taken Dayton to the Elite 8. Keatts has yet to win a tournament game. Furthermore, Keatts refuses to coach defense. He’s a poor man’s Gott at this stage in his career. I do not personally know a fellow Wolfpacker that isn’t inflamed at the negliglence of those in charge.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Interesting parallels between Gott and Keatts as a matter of fact. By the time Bama plucked Gott away from Murray State, he had won the regular season championship all three years and took them to the NCAAs his last two years. No NCAA wins. Just like Keatts.

ldr of the pk 75
    Participant

And, what powerhouses did our best 3 BBall coaches in history come from? Keats had much to do witha Championship under Petino. He resurrected the dead in Wilmington. He already knows the recruiting landscape in NC and VA. Keats is at least as good if not better than anyone else we’ve hired in the last 30 years we have sucked. Give the man a chance. Welcome coach.

GoldenChain
    Participant

My general point was that its easy to tell others what they need to do with their money when the teller doesn’t have any skin in the game. Didn’t perceive that as an attack on anyone in particular but respect the owners/mods have total discretion.

Same with sending Debbie letters, emails, etc criticizing her decision; I expect it will go straight into file 13 but especially if she doesn’t recognize you as having some kind of personal or financial investment in teh program.

marinewolf
    Participant

If Sean Miller has said he wants the UNC job, it is gonna be 5 years or more before Roy hangs it up, if I was AD at Arizona I would start looking behind the scenes and when I got my man I would tell Sean to hit the road. Besides UNC will probably try to get a man with UNC connectons in one way or another -just like Duke is not gonna hire Jeff Capel when K retires, he is gonna call on Chris Collins and he will come. If Archie is listening to Sean then maybe he is not the leader we thought-all of this is hearsay, I believe a tender was made to Archie behind close doors and he was not ready to say yes, Gregg Marshall price tag was more than they wanted to spend. With a handful of choices left I think they made the best choice, I think Keats can lead us back to top of conference.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Good golly people, his name is Keatts. Note two t’s. Incredible.

marinewolf
    Participant

I agree with gowolves- some of the responses and the title is why we get a bad rap, sadly it does not represent the majority, only a selected few that have become accustomed to whining about everything-I believe Archie wasn’t ready to say yes, Marshall had a price tag to high-I am looking at the positives about Keats-he has a high ceiling, as time past I become more receptive to him, let us give him a chance, first he has to recruit in house and then on to the recruiting trail-I think there is a good chance he will save all the players worth saving, it is late in the recruitng season, maybe he get a tranfer or two

JeremyH
    Participant

It was said money got coach fired, and money chose Keatts. If that’s the case, there was no blank check that some of us were hoping for, which would have landed a mid major coach. If the check was 4-5 million, then we’re having a different conversation today. I read that Sean refused Arizona but they kept pursuing him, and he eventually went. We didn’t even get in the same room as Archie, what did we demonstrably do to show our commitment besides have an AD with one foot out the door put out feelers? The Sean/UNC comment hurts, UNC’s existence and “success” once again impeding things, what a long and ugly history there. Underdogs for life.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Yes he has done well at Dayton but no more than Keatts at UNC-W which has historically been a graveyard for young coaches outside of Clemson’s current coach. I expect Keatts will do better in the ACC than he has to date.

Archie wins in the A10. Keatts won in the CAA. A10 is actually a REAL conference. CAA consists of Towson, James Madison, Elon, William & Mary, Drexel, Hofstra.. you know.. the cupcakes that P5 teams schedule as tune up games at the beginning of the season.

I don’t understand the logic behind expecting Keatts going from CAA to ACC to be even MORE successful. Go look at UNCW schedule and scores this season. Yes, he mostly won there, but he wasn’t dominating those crap teams by any means. The one “real game” they scheduled was against Clemson and they got blasted.

I’ll say I was surprised he only lost by 5 to UVA on Thursday, but UVA has been on a back slide over the past month and I think you’ll see Florida knock them out today.

Wulfpack
    Participant

If UNCW had decided to play an ounce of defense, they would have beat UVa easily. But UNCW hasn’t played an ounce of defense all year, so…

freshmanin83
    Participant

I know this does not apply to all but which stage of grief are you on. Denial, I can’t believe Yow did this it is only a verbal contract still time to change.

Anger, no way Yow and company could be so dumb. I am done with this program, Etc …

Bargaining, I would mortgage my house and sell body parts for this other coach.

Depression, I will find stuff something else to do instead of this. Can’t take the effort to post on this subject.

Acceptance, come on you spell his name with two tt’s.

pakfanistan
    Participant

UNCW also gave Duke a good game last year, and Duke, UVA, Clemson, and even Dayton all have WAY more talent than UNCW.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

UNCW also gave Duke a good game last year, and Duke, UVA, Clemson, and even Dayton all have WAY more talent than UNCW.

Well, UNCW won their games by an average of a whopping 5 points against teams with a winning record in the Cupcake conference this year. I’m sure things will be fine.

Adventuroo
    Participant

This is about the most ridiculous and childish forum that I have seen. It makes the Walmart NCSU Fans on PP seem sane.

I personally petition EVERYONE of the Keymasters to kill it….as they have KILLED a few of my (and others Posts) that went in to the deep end.

It does NO GOOD to be rolling on the floor and screaming and holding your breath.

Facts are facts….and UNLESS you have such….read what is written.

Archie Miller did NOT want to come to NCSU. We chased off his coach. We have been a LOONIE Bunch of whiners and complainers….

Paraphrasing what the Admiral told Maverick, “Son, your mouth is writing checks that your ass can’t cash. Your family reputation ain’t the best in the ACC. You need to be doing it cleaner and better than all the rest…..otherwise you will not even make the First Four or the NIT…and if you don’t, then ORW will whip your ass and set NEW NCAA Records which will never be surpassed in future recorded history (Sounds better than Rubber Dog Feces)”

I chose SFN because it was more informed and civil and saner than the competition….and it seems that, like our BB record, the quality and common sense and civility of SOME posters had deteriorated at at rate that is magnigutudes WORSE than our past two years.

I sincerely hope that the Keymasters have a discussion and decide if they really want this forum to continue in this direction….if it does…then there might be some folks that start to click on the pop-ups and then actually correspond with the ad folks….

We, as a WPN, should be better than this. I have NOT seen this big a melt down of supposedly rational individuals since November 9, 2016. Their actions make them look sane compared to what is happening here…

TheCOWDOG

Roo. My inclination was to can this thread in particular, but chose to let people show themselves in complete daylight.

Yes. I am disappointed.

Greywolf
    Participant

Keatts.. already bringing the entire fan base together!! He’s a miracle hire!

The 15 or 20 posters who frequently post here are the entire fan base?

freshmanin83
    Participant

Some really wanted Archie. Archie does not want to be here. Rejection can be hard to take but it is not as if he said yes to the engagement and no at the alter.

GoldenChain
    Participant

Keatts.. already bringing the entire fan base together!! He’s a miracle hire!

The 15 or 20 posters who frequently post here are the entire fan base?

No Grey, worse than that; 10 or so of the 20 or so posters who post here…..

tvp1
    Participant

I would not be surprised if things played out different for Archie than what he expects. I doubt he gets IU. Illinois just filled. Matta may hang on at tOSU for a while, and even if not, will they want to bring in a Matta protege to replace him? Similar to how we didn’t want Sean Miller in 2006. None of the other good B1G jobs seem all that likely to open soon.

And what happens if his less-experienced team next year takes a step back and he has a down year or 2? Is he still the hot mid-major name?

Bottom line – he may have viewed NCSU as risky, but waiting carries its own risks.

Greywolf
    Participant

Same with sending Debbie letters, emails, etc criticizing her decision; I expect it will go straight into file 13 but especially if she doesn’t recognize you as having some kind of personal or financial investment in teh program.

Send Yow an email and she will answer the same day whether she recognizes your name or not.

GoldenChain
    Participant

Send Yow an email and she will answer the same day whether she recognizes your name or not.

Hey, all I am saying is answering and actually considering what you say are two different things.
    Had an HR manager years ago that would walk through the mill and everyone who approached him he pulled out a steno pad and wrote down what they were bitching about then walked out the door, tore the page out, and threw it away and said “problem solved”. True story. Knock yourself out Grey.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Here’s some civility for ya: This is what the Miller family can do.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/KHF-8yXWtCs/hqdefault.jpg

McCallum
    Participant

Troll,

Is that you in the State gear, left side?

McCallum

*you are taking this like a spurned lass.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.