Michigan In The House Tonight

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Michigan In The House Tonight

Viewing 7 posts - 201 through 207 (of 207 total)
  • Author
    MrPlywood
    Participant

At the end of the day it should be run like a business, not a family.

And as such, the head coaches should hold their assistants to a high standard as well. But coaching staffs tend to become family, which makes booting an underperforming DC or OC all the more difficult.

StateRed44
    Participant

I think Gott has done okay with guards and wings. I am disappointed with the 4 and 5 spot. For goodness sakes, if we are gonna be guard oriented, bring in 4 more guys like Lennard. We need rebounders and hard workers, NO reason to be thin on bodies in the post. That’s why I’m lamenting K Wash. Understand we were hoodwinked by BO, but there needed to be some top 100 guys ready to go with anyway – or at the very least Freeman level talent. Guess it’s not done so I will wait and see there.

Agree BJD about the holes and our admin. Very frustrating. Somehow something is WAY WRONG on that level when we essentially have the WORST record for revenue sports in the entire country during the last 25 years (by conf champ measurement). That’s unacceptable and frankly I’m done cheering for that crap. THIS is why it needs to be a business. The product has been pure crap for a generation.

StateRed44
    Participant

Wanted to add I’m okay with DD getting 5 year I guess, but if you are going to give him that, by year 6 he needs to be in the conf champ conversation and or ranked at a bare minimum. What else would he be here for? Plenty of guys can win 3 peer group games a year.

pakfanistan
    Participant

You know it’s dire when an ACC/B10 basketball game thread devolves into football coaching carousel talk.

Wulfpack
    Participant

So Wake has won one. Duke played for one. And now 10th ranked UNC gets it turn in the big one.

And I thought we were the football school…

pakfanistan
    Participant

We’re a bass fishing school.

tjfoose1
    Participant

You CAN and SHOULD be angry that the NC State administration quietly sits back and takes being led by the Swoffy Cabal. We NEVER should have agreed to stay in this stupid, corrupt conference without major, structural changes that included AT MINIMUM Swoffy’s departure and assurances that no future commissioner would have direct ties to a member institution again (ESPECIALLY an athletic department).

All that.

Viewing 7 posts - 201 through 207 (of 207 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.