Mark Gottfried Fired

Home Forums All StateFansNation Mark Gottfried Fired

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 251 total)
  • Author
    packbackr04
    Participant

regardless of the leak, or how this has been handled up until this moment, there is absolutely NO WAY Gott should be on the sidelines tomorrow. Period. End of story. If Yow allows him to coach, we are truly F*&ked.

JeremyH
    Participant

Dare I say that successful people find ways to turn lemons into lemonade, can pivot on any situation. So let’s see.. I’m not in the camp thinking this situation necessarily hurts the candidate search. Let the healing begin? (Soon? Please??) I said earlier if we go this route I want the search to be decisive, quick and quiet. One out of three ain’t bad! Get Arch or Scary Wheat in here, and all is forgiven.

Those clamoring for a proven, established guy, that’s just not going to happen, he has to be “up and comer”-ish. Need to learn lessons from the previous searches.

PapaJohn
    Participant

One of the (several) things our alma mater has always been terrible at is managing the media. Here we go again.
    I don’t see how this getting out can be a good thing. Although, if true, I do salute Yow for moving aggressively. We need to do this well, and do it fast. The longer it lingers, the more likely we are to hire another TV guy. (Vitale??? LOL)
    I have to believe that Yow is livid over this and scorching the place to figure out who leaked. Unfortunately, considering she has to consult with the guys holding the purse strings, the WPC elite (maybe the same), and probably some in between types – like agents and/or recruiting services – lots of potential candidates to spill the beans.

Hoping for an upgrade.

Rick
    Keymaster

i cant believe there hasnt been an announcement that he is not coaching tomorrow. Rick, do you honestly believe Yow would let him coach tomorrow (against UNC of all people? Roy must be licking his chops).

I think they are denying this report. So yeah, it appears they are doubling down on stupid.

packbackr04
    Participant

Then we truly are fu€£ed

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

i cant believe there hasnt been an announcement that he is not coaching tomorrow. Rick, do you honestly believe Yow would let him coach tomorrow (against UNC of all people? Roy must be licking his chops).

I think they are denying this report. So yeah, it appears they are doubling down on stupid.

Again I know she is headstrong and doesnt like to be showed up, but surely for the love of God she wouldnt let her ego get in the way of this, I simply refuse to believe that.

My 11 year old, when told of the news last night, even said gott has coached his last game for us.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I think they are denying this report

Well, if you read between the lines, they’re not technically denying the report.

If he’s not going to be on the sidelines tomorrow we should find out today, and probably before 5pm. Choosing gameday against our biggest rival to announce would be unbelievably terrible.

Listening to our favorite, David Glenn, and he said his “sources” have told him a slightly different version of Mark Armgstrong’s report.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

I think they are denying this report

Well, if you read between the lines, they’re not technically denying the report.

If he’s not going to be on the sidelines tomorrow we should find out today, and probably before 5pm. Choosing gameday against our biggest rival to announce would be unbelievably terrible.

Listening to our favorite, David Glenn, and he said his “sources” have told him a slightly different version of Mark Armgstrong’s report.

such as?

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

he’s giving any specifics, just that his sources have told him it’s not as done of a deal as was reported by abc11

Hamlet
    Participant

I learned quite a number of years ago that damn near anything, especially anything that falls into the categories that defy intelligence and any awareness of effective leadership & decision-making, is possible at NC State. And that is not hyperbolic language I use.

Adventuroo
    Participant

David Glenn is the CNN of fake sports news. Has same creditability as Donna Brazile.

At Valentines Day lunch with DW of 51 years at Amedeo’s. They had not named a booth after MG. Interesting the DO have a Wes Moore booth. Mg is somewhere in the JV area. Going to put up a “Watch this Space” sign.

Sat in the Reynolds Booth. No subliminal messages or news on new coach, other than it seemed to be relaxed and at peace.

MG only coach, I think, in the PNC era to LOSE at Reynolds. Speaks volumes.

Do not hold breath for a late afternoon presser.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Getting late in the afternoon. Looking more and more like Gott will be coaching tomorrow. Kenpom showing a Carolina win of 11 points tomorrow. Not sure if the books adjust that line higher due to this chaos and the fact we lost by 51 the first go around. Either way I may need to put some money on the cheaters.. I don’t see how it will be anything other than a bloodletting.

packbackr04
    Participant

… and a chance to make us look bad on TV. the fans are going to eat Mark alive. which is not a good look.
    thanks DY. can you hang it up too. this is bad. very bad. very very bad

Hamlet
    Participant

The general rule of thumb for predicting State decisions, is to ask yourself, “What would a proactive, highly successful organization do?” Then simply expect the opposite. This highly scientific method has proven remarkably accurate going on 27 years now.

packbackr04
    Participant

i half expect to her to have a press conference this afternoon where she tells us all to relax and that “she knows basketball”. this is like bad deja vu.

StateRed44
    Participant

I’m pretty happy knowing he’s gone. Can’t figure why yall are running scared. Sounds like he was almost canned but wasn’t. They got the buyout together. Great! You all are assuming all kinds of negativity. Why bother?

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Getting late in the afternoon. Looking more and more like Gott will be coaching tomorrow. Kenpom showing a Carolina win of 11 points tomorrow. Not sure if the books adjust that line higher due to this chaos and the fact we lost by 51 the first go around. Either way I may need to put some money on the cheaters.. I don’t see how it will be anything other than a bloodletting.

They shouldn’t be betting on who wins the game and by how much. Instead, it should be how many minutes into the game will UNC be up by 20. That’s what I’ve started looking for. I’m guessing 5 minutes left in the first half. I’d love to be wrong.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

oh and to add more fuel to tomorrows dumpster fire, UNC has had all week to practice and prepare.. Swoffy must have his hands in the scheduling “cookie jar”

ryebread
    Participant

I’m pretty happy knowing he’s gone. Can’t figure why yall are running scared. Sounds like he was almost canned but wasn’t. They got the buyout together. Great! You all are assuming all kinds of negativity. Why bother?

Exactly. I don’t see the issue. Gott’s getting paid $$$$. He can show up and “coach.” Heck, she can pay me $1M to coach between now and the end of the season, and I’ll do all the press conferences as well. She can also fire me on national TV for all I care.

Think it will be ugly because of a leak? It was going to get ugly when we laid down, got blown out at home and the boo-birds came out. Now this may actually take some of the pressure off and the players can just go out and play.

JeremyH
    Participant

If this isn’t the perfect situation for an interim, I don’t know what is. I would actually then have some hope of them finishing it out on a positive note and maybe a little run. There is still a cavity in this tooth.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Welp, it’s 5 o’clock and Gott did his pre game presser, so all indications now are that he’ll be coaching out the rest of the season.

ryebread
    Participant

Interims should only be used (IMHO) if you think you want to hire that person at the end of the season. What if the interim goes on a little run? We’ve underperformed at a level that I can’t even remember, but there’s still talent left on the roster. An interim might actually be able to squeak out a run.

No, I think the answer is to make the dog lay in the mess they made……

Greywolf
    Participant

Fvck Gott and whether he will be there or not. I want to know if Beejay will be there.

JeremyH
    Participant

“What if the interim goes on a little run?”

Then that’s the best possible outcome, I want to increase the chances of watching tolerable basketball. As long as we’re not confused about what it means. It would allow us to move on now instead of later, and maybe build up a little momentum going into next year. There’s just so much stink surrounding the program right now. Running the fan can help with the smell, but its not a substitute for cleaning out the latrine.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Surprise….Surprise…..Surprise…..

Coach Gottfried will be coaching tomorrow night.

Next up…..there will be a SEA of BLUE tomorrow night. There will be BOO’s (there already has been, but it will increase) during the team introduction when his name is called….they will be LOUDER.

The PNC will probably be around 80% of capacity or maybe more. The businesses that own 75% of the seats in the “bowl” will not have any issue with UNC takers and they will GIVE them away.

Following CL on both regular and Champions Club tickets. They are selling, at premium prices, and fewer each day. The Champions Club will have a certain Rams Club look about it. Mine went to a “mixed” family, so I doubt that there will be any incidents from my sale. I only hope that the rest is as fortunate.

The last two home games will be sparcely attended…..tickets are available at reduced prices for both of them….

Reality is sometimes difficult to accept….

Interesting takes on WRAL about Woodson hiring an “AD in Waiting” and elevating Yow to “Emeritus”. That is exactly what she did with the Fridge. That would be a GREAT way to resolve this.

Need to chew on that one for awhile….the deed has been done. The conversations were held this weekend. WHO spilled the beans? I’m betting on the Coach’s Agent or someone “next to or close” to the coach. The Coach’s lifestyle (and perhaps his “appeal”) will take a hit. Ditto for the EX Mrs. Gottfried. He may have to sell the Beach House in Gulf Shores, but it is still way “Underwater”.

Time will tell….

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 251 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.