Mark Gottfried Fired

Home Forums All StateFansNation Mark Gottfried Fired

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 251 total)
  • Author
    Adventuroo
    Participant

OK…logic should be used here…but rarely. Personal take on this….and CD and others that have some inside knowledge should chime in.

Fact…The decision WAS made this weekend to fire him. NOW, as the execution (Bad choice), that is multi-faceted. IF he has publicly (not for us but observed by folks in the inner circle), been out carrousing or hitting the bars or whatever, then DY DOES have some ammo for a “settlement”. NO IDEA if she has CURRENT, as she should have used his issues to pull the pin two years ago. There was ENOUGH then for his “morals” clause. BUT, now, it might just be…”Pay UP and Don’t Gripe”. Yow is NOT one to give up on any negotiation edge. SO, there WILL be some negotiating…my bets on Yow.

Fact….the team was NOT told about this. It would be so TOTALLY DUMB (not professional) to bring in the team and say….We fired him. Don’t TELL ANYBODY. Like a bunch of 20 YO’s can keep a secret in today’s “post everytime you f@rt” social media. It would NEVER happen that way…..UNLESS you were planning on yanking him and putting in an interim. SO, all the speculation about the leak coming from the team…THAT would only happen IF Gottfried (or an assistant) HAD been told and he, in pure despair and desperation, blurted it all out. He does NOT strike me as the type that would do that.

NOW, did AD Yow meet with him and they DISCUSSED what was going to happen? I don’t KNOW. She MAY have told him that it was over. She may have hinted at some compromise on the buyout. HE may have discussed it with someone…..and in a TOTALLY Bizarre, scenario, HE IS the source to stop all the “negotiations” and hang with his contract. THAT is PURE speculation….as others have also done. I don’t doubt for a minute that HE could be the REAL instigator of the LEAK….

There have been a LOT of posts about the Team’s Psyche and also whether the team had ANY respect for him personally or perhaps his staff. I can believe that. The last blow-up with Anya, did not, I THINK, gain him any points with the team. The TEAM DOES seem to have thrown in the towel….not totally, but certainly not going out and “winning one for the Gipper”.

FACT…I sold my 4 Champions LTR’s this AM. I saw seats all around me on CL. I decided that I did NOT want to go to a game where the bulk of the fans were well heeled (and the prices were considerably MORE than face) UNC fans chanting and making a show. That happened in the Cuse game, prior to their addmittance. There were minor skirmishes and some of the fans were actually called by Bobby Purcell and admonished for selling their tickets. I had ONE person apologize to me and my family as he did not realize how rowdy some of his family had gotten until the calls started coming in. THAT is a real shame….but it is a FACT. I will be at the ND and UVA game to support the team….but UNC…NOPE.

The scenario is not playing out like a carefully planned event…..quite the contrary. BUT, one way or the other, the deed has (will, shall?) been done. What happens and who we get? THAT will consume more bandwidth than HB2 repeal…

I am NOT betting a fifth of Crown Black on Archie. BUT, I will tell you, when WHOMEVER is introduced, DY will say, smiling, HE (FIB) was our TARGET all along and we GOTT the man we set out to get and he will make us a TOP 25 program.

McCallum
    Participant

Bobby Purcell collects exotic hand sanitizers.

McCallum

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

McCallum….

My old tree said to tell you ‘Hello…”
    and that it was past your normal cutoff time for posting…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    PackerInRussia
    Participant

I submit this verse from Proverbs for consideration: “A prudent man conceals knowledge, but the heart of fools proclaims folly.”

McCallum
    Participant

I submit this line from Every Which Way But Loose, spoken by Elmo, the Black Widow biker with the combover, just prior to Maw Boggs pulling her shot gun: “Lets have some fun.”

McCallum

Rick
    Keymaster

I77

Debbie Yow balls are big as hell! Let’s give her the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Bulls#it….State can’t even get a firing right.

A freakin’ sports news anchor has to bring the word…From multiple sources?

Jesushchristinasidecar!

Not crashing on ya AT. Crashing on everyone doin’ backflips over a piss poor managing of releases.

I agree this was handled piss poor. Just another reason I think Yow needs to go.
    However, I think there is more to this than meets the eye.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Everyone wants Archie Miller. We’ll probably end up with Archie Bunker.

Rick
    Keymaster

of the fans were actually called by Bobby Purcell and admonished for selling their tickets

Who does he think he is? They force people to buy tickets to years and years of lousy basketball with no way to get out because of the LTR. And since no one wants to watch a crappy team play the only recourse is to sell the tickets or at least give them to someone who actually wants to go. And then NCSU, in its infinite wisdom, calls them and tells them they should not do that. WOW.
    As V would say “Fanabla”

Rick
    Keymaster

Everyone wants Archie Miller. We’ll probably end up with Archie Bunker.

I have a bad feeling there are things that will keep him from us.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

I don’t buy that multiple unconfirmed sources relayed this info to the reporter. Just don’t buy it. No way an Ath Dept. can be this bad.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant
    Thompson44
    Participant

While I loved Archie as a player, and he seems to be doing well at Dayton I think what our Program needs is a proven Coach. Names that come to mind are Greg Marshal at Wichita State or bring back Coach Lutz. Let Archie get more settled, I would hate for him to come here and pull another Lowe.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Bobby Lutz is not a “proven” coach, unless you consider failing at Charlotte “proven”.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Read an article this morning about the CEO of Toshiba resigning due to cost overruns and improprieties in their accounting and delaying their annual report and also having to sell a major division just to make it through the end of March…

He said…”I apologize for any inconveniences that I have caused our stakeholders…”. Don’t know if we will get a similar presser from Coach Gottfried….but did find this interesting…..

Samuel Roback (@Weathermansam77) _ Twitter_files

https://twitter.com/Weathermansam77

ENJOY….

Pacfanweb
    Participant

I don’t buy that multiple unconfirmed sources relayed this info to the reporter. Just don’t buy it. No way an Ath Dept. can be this bad.

Who says it was sources in the athletics dept?

Reporter is a solid dude. He was told and the sources knew he’d report it. Told him anyway.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I’m halfway expecting a press conference to be scheduled today saying Gott has “resigned” effective immediately. I don’t see how he can go out there and coach anymore this season and have to answer all the questions surrounding his job.

packbackr04
    Participant

agree, there is no way in hell Gott should be on the sidelines tomorrow night

gso packbacker
    Participant

Think about if the players haven’t heard anything other than we have. I think it would be extra tough to focus on the game at hand, but maybe I’m wrong.

We’ll find out soon enough with Carolina coming to town tomorrow.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

Trust me, our AD is that bad.

What people are just not understanding here is that Armstrong isnt going to come out with this unless he is dead sure. Dead sure. He said he had multiple sources and they knew he was going public with it. My guess is its one of the coaches and someone within the AD. No way in hades its not. He wouldnt take that risk.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

I’m halfway expecting a press conference to be scheduled today saying Gott has “resigned” effective immediately. I don’t see how he can go out there and coach anymore this season and have to answer all the questions surrounding his job.

I think thats a foregone conclusion at this point. I dont think Yow has the balls to trot him out there tomorrow night. Thats not going to do anyone good at this juncture.

Rick
    Keymaster

I think thats a foregone conclusion at this point. I dont think Yow has the balls to trot him out there tomorrow night. Thats not going to do anyone good at this juncture.

She might be stupid enough to do this.

packbackr04
    Participant

i cant believe there hasnt been an announcement that he is not coaching tomorrow. Rick, do you honestly believe Yow would let him coach tomorrow (against UNC of all people? Roy must be licking his chops).

BJD95
    Keymaster

It is unconscionable. Only thing that makes sense to me is that it’s a leverage technique wrt buyout amount.

Jeebus, guys, it’s simple. HALF.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Think about if the players haven’t heard anything other than we have. I think it would be extra tough to focus on the game at hand, but maybe I’m wrong.

We’ll find out soon enough with Carolina coming to town tomorrow.

Maybe they’ll be inspired and go out and win one for the ol’ coach.

Then again maybe not.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

She might be stupid enough to do this.

I cannot stand this lady and I dont think she is the greatest thing since sliced bread like a lot of people but I feel deep down she is smart enough to not let this happen. She has to be or someone close to her has to get in her ear. From every angle this would go down as a historic cluster f***.

My guess is there is an announcement this afternoon. She is probably meeting with him right now.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 251 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.