Gott, K, Roy Condemn HB2

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Gott, K, Roy Condemn HB2

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    pakfanistan
    Participant

A garbage can for recycling AND compost?? We cannot let our country be overrun by different trashcans! All trash must go in to the same receptacle!

You’re right, that just sounds awful. PC is overrunning this country, I’ve seen the light.

YogiNC
    Participant

Wait, wait wait, THE WOMEN’S restroom is the one they converted? That’s that’s that’s bigotry, ummm ummm what’s the word I’m looking for???? STUPID, yep, that’s the word. Proof positive that they know the women do NOT want to go to the men’s room BUT the men (some pervs thrown in) want to get into the women’s room. Geeees.

Smarter than the average bear

pakfanistan
    Participant

There is one single bathroom that been converted to ‘all gender’ out of 18. Oh the humanity.

Tau837
    Participant

Tau, do you mean that my wife is being ridiculous because she doesn’t want some pervert who claims to identify as a woman wants to go into the women’s bathroom with her and expose himself?

If a pervert wants to act like a pervert, he or she will do it regardless of what laws are in place. I think that is well established by the history of perverts and perversion.

This law does nothing to change that, but it has done harm to a class of NC citizens and has already had lasting negative effects on the state economy, with more likely to follow. This law clearly demonstrates a message of intolerance and discrimination. That is never the right thing in our form of Government, no matter what the intentions. IMO it is an embarrassment and was completely irresponsible for every politician involved.

So… no, your wife is not being ridiculous to not want perverts in the bathroom with her. But anyone who uses that as their rationale for supporting this law is absolutely being ridiculous.

YogiNC
    Participant

So TAU, the greatest MAJORITY of the fine people of NC are ridiculous because they don’t want a LAW that makes it LEGAL for pervs to be pervs? The ones who ARE ridiculous are the ones who feel that everyone else is stupid when they cannot see how their “wants” override every one else’s RIGHTS. My wife and many like her abhor the fact that anyone would want to pass a law that makes it legal for ANY person to make a claim, with NO PROOF, that they are in a certain class of citizens, and then take advantage of said law to perpetrate what is today a crime. If you can’t see that side of it YOU are ridiculous. No, you can’t stop a perv from going into a women’s restroom and exposing himself, BUT today it is against the law, which in and of itself is a sort of protection from it happening. What you are wanting makes that legal and takes away all protections and therein lies “the rub”. Why not just abolish all laws since they cannot offer any protections to the citizens. Hey, make it legal to steal or commit murder since people do it anyway. You would say THAT would be ridiculous, and yet there is no difference between that and removing the protections set in place for women to feel a MEASURE of safety in the women’s room.

As for the economic fallout, my wonder is why these people singled out NC when plenty of other states have passed the same laws (and some localities have actually repealed the LGBT bathroom laws they put in place for the obvious reason, it was ridiculous in the first place). No Tau, sometimes the majority has the RIGHT to rule. The opposite brinks on anarchy. The HB2 law infringes on no one since everyone has the RIGHT to use a restroom, and the law does not take away from that. It does however put in place protections for those who view their right to use said restroom in said measure of safety and decency.

Rick
    Keymaster

There is one single bathroom that been converted to ‘all gender’ out of 18. Oh the humanity.

You ask for an answer and mock the response. I think you are the one who is “frightened to consider differing perspectives”.
    That’s a lib for you.

pakfanistan
    Participant

You ask for an answer and mock the response. I think you are the one who is “frightened to consider differing perspectives”.
    That’s a lib for you.

I was underwhelmed that your definition of a PC state, that is such a threat to the future of our country, is separate trashcans for trash and recycling and one unisex bathroom. I overreacted.

Please explain the danger to our great union posed by these horrors of liberalism.

pakfanistan
    Participant

No, you can’t stop a perv from going into a women’s restroom and exposing himself, BUT today it is against the law, which in and of itself is a sort of protection from it happening. What you are wanting makes that legal and takes away all protections and therein lies “the rub”.

Nothing about the Charlotte ordinance made it legal to expose yourself to someone in a bathroom, and nothing about HB2 prevents it.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Dumb and Dumber: Charlotte Council and NC State Legislature.

First, the Charlotte ordinance was poorly written. No doubt about it. But the response in the legislature was not only idiotic, it was illegal and irresponsible. The responsible thing should’ve been for the legislature to ignore it. That’s right. Ignore it. The ordinance would’ve eventually been challenged if there was a problem and corrected in the courts and by the council, without state legislative intervention. But this is really about fear and offending sensibilities. It has nothing to do with protecting children or wives. That’s a masquerade, and if you believe that facade, I’ve got a pile of poop to sell you.

Certain municipal privileges have to be conferred by the state, and the state does indeed have an obligation to intervene in certain cases. The bathroom portion of the law wasn’t one of those instances. But our supposed Conservative legislature has made a habit of stepping into county and municipal matters with regularity in the last few years, all the while ranting against “Big Guvment.” I can give you long list.

I consider myself a moderate. Vote for Dems and Reps and the occasional third party candidate. One team doesn’t have all the answers. I’ll give credit where credit is due to our current legislature, but his bill was crap. It’s an embarrassment.

Rick
    Keymaster

That’s a lib for you.

I was underwhelmed that your definition of a PC state, that is such a threat to the future of our country, is separate trashcans for trash and recycling and one unisex bathroom. I overreacted.

Please explain the danger to our great union posed by these horrors of liberalism.

You obviously have no desire to have a real discussion about it so I will pass and let you practice your rapier like wit on another.

freshmanin83
    Participant

Why does someone have to expose themselves? Would a predator exposing themselves in a locker room or bathroom or changing room be proven to be breaking the law since these are places that clothes are taken off or adjusted. The way the Charlotte law was written as I understand it someone could claim a status and then go into locker rooms or changing rooms and observe. What would disprove their claim to a certain status.

Making it easier for predators or possibly giving them legal cover in this area is not a good idea imo. Why have any laws at all if they are going to break them any way. That line of reasoning does not make sense to me.

I think it is possible to have different opinions and disagree in what I would call a polite and possibly civilized manner. People who want to sell piles of poop should get a roadside stand if you think you can make a go of it and have at it. If you think that is dumb, well … if the dumber fits.

YogiNC
    Participant

The crux of the bill stated in order to use a facility of a certain gender you must have a birth certificate proving you are indeed that gender. That’s pretty clear to me. And it’s something I can live with as well as everyone else since it’s been that way for a VERY LONG time. An Pak, for the record, one of the first things that happened in these United States when Seattle passed a similar law allowing those “identifying” was a guy marched into a women’s locker room at a pool and undressed completely. There were young girls there for swimming practice. wanna know what they did about it? NOTHING! In spite of protests from concerned parents, NOTHING. THAT is where Charlotte’s bill could have taken us. Houston “had” a similar bill and repealed it due to what were termed as complications with situations arising for passage of the bill. that’s the politicians way of blowing off the fact they screwed up.

The fact is laws are made primarily to protect a class of people, sometimes that class embodies everyone, sometimes it’s a very restrictive class. The “identifying” portion of bills designed to allow transgendered people to choose which facility to use is the crux of the problem with those bills and the directives of our President. To get protections afforded by law establishing whether or not someone is in the class first and foremost. Example: I cannot claim to be an American Indian, a protected class with many benefits, simply by claiming I “identify” as one. I have to have PROOF that I’m a member of that class. I am sure if you could PROVE that all people who claim to “identify” as transgender were in fact a member of that class then the fears would be somewhat lessened for the women folk. That is NOT the case however and any DUDE who claims otherwise is delusional. You would still however have the problem of a man undressing in a locker room with women and young girls. For those who are complaining about how WRONG HB2 is I’d love to poll your wives and daughters on the subject. My guess is they would be overwhelmingly against it. The problem is guys, as usual, cannot “identify” with the fears and trepidation that women fell on this very subject since a woman coming into a men’s room would not come close to creating the hubbub that the opposite happening would.

Mike
    Participant

No, you can’t stop a perv from going into a women’s restroom and exposing himself, BUT today it is against the law, which in and of itself is a sort of protection from it happening. What you are wanting makes that legal and takes away all protections and therein lies “the rub”.

Nothing about the Charlotte ordinance made it legal to expose yourself to someone in a bathroom, and nothing about HB2 prevents it.

Not the case – in a locker room you can walk around naked all you want. And a male in a female locker room would have every right to do so without HB2.

YogiNC
    Participant

No, a male is not allowed in a female/women’s locker room/bathroom. YOU MISS THE POINT because all you can see is your side of the picture, or should I say your liberal bias side. If you’re so liberal why is it that you continually try to force your ideas upon the rest of us. LET US have our views. In this case HB2 is one the said of the majority. And there are no civil rights at stake. NONE!

redwolf87
    Participant

Is Gluten Free a Democrat rallying cry?

I hope they don’t try to serve pizza in that Gluten Free room. A lot of people are going to mistakenly eat paper plates.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Wouldn’t the market have forced a correction if the Charlotte ordinance hurt individuals, families, businesses?

If consumers boycotted said businesses who didn’t provide safe accommodations, don’t you think those businesses would adapt? Why on earth is anyone not living in Charlotte threatened by an ordinance there?

statealum03
    Participant

I’ve never been prouder of my Coach and University for making that statement.

Tau837
    Participant

Yogi, I was on the fence, but your usage of all caps almost swayed me. /sarcasm

Since you are not concerned about the intolerance and discrimination supported and enabled by this law, there is no point in continuing the discussion.

YogiNC
    Participant

Oh yes, intolerance is what we are when we look after the welfare of a much larger group of people at the expense of the wants of a very few, and they are a very few in comparison. Face it, the intolerance comes from the few who want to impose their will on the larger group. It’s more than obvious that you cannot fathom the fears imposed on women by allowing predators to hide behind the “I identify” mantra. If there was a way that could determine who is who in that particular class then the fear could be minimized. But it can’t, the only possible way to identify is by birth certificate, and for that the plumbing has to match, and THAT is all the HB2 law does. You want to use that bathroom, the plumbing has to match.

Rick
    Keymaster

Is Gluten Free a Democrat rallying cry?

I hope they don’t try to serve pizza in that Gluten Free room. A lot of people are going to mistakenly eat paper plates.

Gluten free people are the worst. Talk about it nonstop. Ugh.

pakfanistan
    Participant

A libertarian, a vegan, and a crossfitter walk into a bar….

IrishPackFan
    Participant

It’s a ridiculous law, and most certainly needs to be repealed. The perv-gaining-access-to-my-daughter/wife-via-dressing-like-a-woman-argument is ridiculous. Unless said perv is a “professional” drag queen, it’s not easy looking like a woman. Do you think the skills used by most women to apply make-up, etc. is an easy thing to do? I certainly couldn’t do it without years of practice, yet my wife can do it while driving to work and look flawless. I get the sentiment, I really do. While I don’t have daughters, I do have a wife and two sons. Pervs are gonna do what they’re gonna do, regardless of what laws are in place. Rarely has a man dressed as a woman simply to gain access to a woman’s restroom, locker room, etc. What worries me more is the fact that more boys are sexually assaulted in the men’s room than there are assaults on women in women’s restrooms.

In 2002, in Concord, NC, a neighbor/friend of mine went up to the local community college (Cabarrus County Community College) regarding some paperwork as he was attempting to take some classes. He brought along his 8 year old son. While he was speaking with an official his son indicated he needed to go to the bathroom. When he didn’t come back after longer than normal, he went to in to the bathroom, which was right around the corner from the office he was in. As he entered, some dude bolted past him. His son was crying and told him that he was assaulted by the guy who ran past my friend. The guy was later caught and pleaded guilty. the perv was a student at CCCC and was previously arrested for the same type of assault. It was pure coincidence that a child on a college campus was using the same restroom. The point is that you hear more about boys being assaulted in their “own” restroom by other men that you do about women in their appointed restroom. Again, I get the sentiment, but the chance that something “could” happen, or in cases in which they actually do happen, shouldn’t outweigh the vast majority of other people’s rights. I don’t get the identification aspect of identifying as another sex, but that’s not how I’m wired. I’m a dude through-and-through and would probably kill a perv if I witnessed an assault on anybody’s family member, not just mine, but I’m not going to blame an entire subset of our society for the atrocities of one fuq’d up individual. The “safety” argument is simple rhetoric. Here are other examples akin to the “safety” aspect of HB2:

– A guy killed another guy with a gun; we should outlaw all guns
    – A Mexican raped/assaulted/murdered that white guy; let’s get rid of all Mexicans and do everything that we can to keep them from entering our country
    – A football player for (enter name here) University raped that co-ed, all football players should be removed from campus and kept from attending this fine university
    – That Muslim just killed 49 people at a night club; let’s ban all Muslims

The list goes on. This is a knee jerk reaction to the attempted passage of Charlotte’s LGBT-friendly ordinance. Along with all of the other bills out there from other states allowing businesses, etc. to discriminate based on “religious freedom”. It’s simply a way to legalize bigotry and discrimination because a subset of our society feels discriminated against. Like my mama said, “two wrongs don’t make a right”. It’s not like the LGBT community is out to “get you” because you’re of a certain religious background. People simply don’t like what they don’t understand, and view it as an attack on their precious values and moral standards, when in reality, if ya don’t like how somebody lives their life then you don’t need to be a part of it. It’s as simple as that. The gays aren’t out there recruiting to fill their ranks, only Christians do that. Oh…and university/college sports.

IrishPackFan
    Participant

And how do you go about regulating whose plumbing matches…? Is there an actual paying position for that? Some people are simply androgynous looking and it’s hard to tell either way.

Wulfpack
    Participant

In this case HB2 is one the said of the majority. And there are no civil rights at stake. NONE!

I’ve been thinking about this notion of what the majority really is. The demographics in this country are rapidly changing. We are a nation of progress – we don’t stand still. Nor should we. I really don’t care how many people support this law. That’s never been the point. The test is whether the law is discriminatory. And I believe that it most certainly is, and will be held as such by the courts. It may not match your worldview, politics, and/or faith, but we are a nation supportive of the LGBT community. The courts and public opinion are squarely on that side of the coin. You don’t have to like it, but you are not the one being discriminated against. It’s a baseless argument – you can still do all the things you’ve always done. You are not the one the ordinance was designed to protect.

I understand there are deep divides in this country. It’s a shame. We’re all Americans (most of us, at least). But I will tell you this – McCrory stuck his kneck out on this one, and he will be paying the political price. And my people in Charlotte, liberal and conservative alike, don’t really care to see him back. This has been an awful issue for conservatives and many in the Republican party, for very good reason, flatly reject it.

YogiNC
    Participant

The plumbing regulation is prescribed by the bill (if you had actually read it you’d know this), your birth certificate says what your plumbing is, and if the plumbing changes the birth certificate can be changed. And accordingly for the “I identify” there is no requirement that you dress as the “other” gender. A guy can be dressed as a guy and walk right into a women’s bathroom with no impunity. That’s madness, and I’d like to know the opinion on said HB2 bill from the wives of those saying the bill is bogus. My guess is you wouldn’t want your wives or daughter to give their opinion. And I’d also venture to say that if they do agree the bill is bad they are in a very meager minority. A significant majority of women HATE the idea that they may have to share a public bathroom with ANY man. Ask ’em, I DARE you. Pay for a public opinion poll on the subject. And as you’re doing that tell me why NC is not the only state that has just such a law and more so why other places that have passed such a law allowing for “I identify” to either repeal it or are considering repealing it. AND also why the Obama administration and school districts who have adopted the Obama edict to file suit in Federal court to block it. No matter what you say women and parents in general see it as an assault on their safety and sense of decency. Too bad this board doesn’t have more wives on it. for you guys reading this, poll your wives on it and let them answer this discussion. I know what mine has said over and over about this, and she has LOTS of friends and they all detest the idea of sharing their bathroom with who knows who. Call it intolerant if you want but it is how the greatest majority of the women folk feel, and THAT is why they passed the bill, lawmakers understood and respected how the women feel about this. You detractors so far are all guys who don’t give a rip if a woman ventures into the men’s room.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.