Gott, K, Roy Condemn HB2

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Gott, K, Roy Condemn HB2

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    Wulfpack
    Participant

Mark Gottfried, the coach at N.C. State University, told USA Today that he was “appalled” by HB2. He said he’s embarrassed when athletes’ parents ask about it during recruiting visits.

“I’m against any law that allows discrimination, whether that’s based on race, gender, sexual orientation.” Gottfried said. “I don’t understand how someone can support this. I think the people at N.C. State, we believe in inclusion. Being a resident of the state, for me and my family, it’s been frustrating.”

http://www.wral.com/editorial-listen-to-the-nba-and-the-coaches-hb2-is-a-loser/15868277/#6xfjH52VhurRzu80.99

BJD95
    Keymaster

Wow, that’s very forceful and direct. In language that young people will connect with and relate to. Believe me, as bored as teenagers get with politics and world events generally, they HATE crap like this.

I believe MG is very truthful and heartfelt about being inclusive and accepting, much like V was.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Pat McCrory doubles down and criticizes Gott:

“I disagree with those three coaches,” McCrory said. “I doubt they have read HB2. I haven’t (read) their playbooks either. I do think there is a politically correct elite that is having selective outrage.”

http://m.courier-tribune.com/sports/pro/mccrory-calls-nba-s-decision-move-all-star-game-total-pc-bs

Interestingly enough, Coach K typically has been a conservative. Not so on this issue.

tractor57
    Participant

I read the legislation. Some of the hidden things have now been corrected but the core issue remains. While I do not want pervs in women’s bathrooms I think this legislation is a huge over reach.

BJD95
    Keymaster

To borrow from the wisdom of Justified…when you keep running into assholes all morning, it’s a tough morning. When you keep running into assholes all afternoon, it’s a bad afternoon. If you keep running into assholes all day…maybe YOU’RE the asshole.

YogiNC
    Participant

How many of you who have daughters would want some dude who “claims” identifying as a woman exposing his “junk” to your daughter in the locker room at the local pool? While the bill had some other tag along stuff in it that wasn’t kosher in that discrimination could have no suit status, the crux of the bill is to protect your and MY women folk from any and all “pervs” that want to claim they identify as a woman just to gain access to women’s facilities. Sorry but that is just human decency. You want to be a guy going into a woman’s bathroom with my wife or daughter you are gonna answer to me, law or no law. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. You go into that bathroom with her you better have the correct plumbing or I may fix it so your plumbing matches. Political correctness has gotten out of hand. AND all those performers who backed out of contracts…I’d OWN Bruce if it was my contract he backed out on, law or no law, that is failure to perform in contract language. He had no standing in that dispute, HE’D LOOSE. And the triple damages would take a large chunk out of his wallet.

Smarter than the average bear

highstick
    Participant

I had just about finished the long version of how this played out and how no one seems to even understand the facts, politics, and how this thing played out…and fat fingered the post 2 sentences from being finished.

I’m going to put it in Word, copy and paste, but if you cannot see how screwed up and “transparent” the behind the scenes activities are, then you need to go back to the third grade.

Crux, if there was no Pat McCrory, there would not be an NBA or Arena in Charlotte!!! This is a pure Democrat and Republican thing with him caught in the middle! Blame Berger, Blame Cooper, and shove a shovel up Jennifer Roberts backside, but Pat and a couple of other Charlotte City Councilman were responsible for getting the NBA back(with the help of some Charlotte money, not Rawleigh money).

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

Rick
    Keymaster

I cannot believe we are even having a discussion about whether a man should be allowed in a woman’s restroom.
    It says something about this the PC state of this nation.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Sometimes I think ‘PC’ is a term people use when they’re frightened to consider differing perspectives.

freshmanin83
    Participant

Sometimes I think when people talk about considering different perspectives it is just a phrase they use because they’re frightened to admit they want a PC state. ; )

YogiNC
    Participant

There is only one perspective for ANY man (and “identifying” as a woman but plumbing of a MAN is STILL a MAN) to be in a woman’s bathroom, and that is just wrong. It is lunacy, and BO (that’s before Obama, or just plain stinky, take your choice) this would not be acceptable. Common decency says it’s not acceptable. A woman’s RIGHT to feel safe and secure while going to the bathroom TRUMPS ANYONE ELSE WHO FEELS they are being treated unfairly. Sometimes the MAJORITY IS RIGHT!!! PERIOD! And my bet is if it was put as a national referendum there would be no question.

TheCOWDOG

If a chick enters my locker room space, she damned well better identify as female!

pakfanistan
    Participant

Which restroom should Caroline Cossey use?

How about Matt Kroc?

Which restroom should someone use if they’re born hermaphroditic, with klinefelter’s syndrome, or of otherwise indeterminate sex?

What if they were born male, but were reassigned because of a botched circumcision?

Is gender determined by genotype or phenotype?

TheCOWDOG

Sometimes I think when people talk about considering different perspectives it is just a phrase they use because they’re frightened to admit they want a PC state. ; )

Sometimes I think when people talk about considering different perspectives, it is a phrase we use to question our ideology.

…Very healthy.

As for me…I’d wager that my wife and daughter have experienced a few trannies in the bathroom along the way, and never were the wiser, and consequently don’t give a rat’s ass…

Me neither.

gso packbacker
    Participant

My take on the Transgender Bathroom issue is that people felt like they got it (pardun the pun) jammed down their throat. The gay marriage feeling wasn’t that different and over time opinions did change. Not sure how much and how soon on this though.

That aside, I can appreciate where both sides are coming from and what their concerns are. Unfortunately, I don’t know anyone who has all of the facts in the cases that Pakfanistan speaks too. Yes, these are the grey areas and nobody seems to have thought through them very much. Damn Politicians (in Charlotte and Raleigh) whose primary concern is re-election!

As for the original version of HB2, I did actually read it and the thing I was least concerned about was the bathroom stuff. It seems they’ve corrected most of the other stuff (from what I’ve heard).

At the end of the day, I am hard pressed to see what value came out of this for either side. On that point, I am pretty sure our fair Governor would agree with me. Poorly played Uncle Pat, poorly played. Will be interesting to see what impact this has on things this November.

Wulfpack
    Participant

The WAY the law was passed leaves a sour taste in many a mouth.

Reasonable minds on both sides of the spectrum can disagree as to whether the law itself is Constitutional.

freshmanin83
    Participant

Sometimes I think when people talk about considering different perspectives, it is a phrase we use to question our ideology.

…Very healthy.

As for me…I’d wager that my wife and daughter have experienced a few trannies in the bathroom along the way, and never were the wiser, and consequently don’t give a rat’s ass…

Me neither.

[/quote]

Sometimes I think when people talk I’d wager they talk about rat’s a s s for which I care neither to a fare thee well.

Tau837
    Participant

The legislation is ridiculous on multiple levels and all politicians involved should be impeached or voted out of office.

YogiNC
    Participant

Tau, do you mean that my wife is being ridiculous because she doesn’t want some pervert who claims to identify as a woman wants to go into the women’s bathroom with her and expose himself? That is the flip side of this discussion that NO ONE that wants the bill repealed has yet to give an explanation for. Does someone’s “right” and I use that term loosely override my wife’s RIGHT to protection under the law? The ultimate problem is allowing for those who “claim” to be of certain sex without having the plumbing to match (which is what the bill stipulated) to do whatever they want and damn the rights of others who feel threatened by their actions. Do they have the “right” to use a bathroom, of course, BUT they can use the bathroom which matches the plumbing? Of course they can. They have been doing it all along and I beg for proof that they have suffered because of it. Anything else, as you would say, IS RIDICULOUS, and infringes on the rights of a much larger group. The few who claim their “right” cannot expect the many to give up their “right”. That ain’t the way it works, just because you “want’ something to be your way doen’t mean you have the right to it. I “want” to win the lottery and get 100 million, do I have the “right” to it? NO!

tractor57
    Participant

How does HB2 add any legal protection in that case? I would say the same for the Charlotte ordinance that started this whole saga. If HB2 really made a difference (and if the Charlotte ordinance did as well) that would be one thing but I simply don’t see that.

Mike
    Participant

To someone’s point that we may have all shared a bathroom and no harm has come from it – so be it, we probably have. BUT, this does not concern legitimate people using the restroom.

This bill PREVENTS a guy from claiming to be a woman going into the woman’s restroom or more importantly the locker room and parading around women and especially young girls. With the way the Charlotte ordinance was worded, any guy could go into a woman’s facility with no consequences of law.

Yes there are already laws on the books to prevent photographing, videoing etc in a public place but the Charlotte ordinance would have allowed any man to go in and watch ladies shower and change all day long. The restroom is not even as much of an issue because there are stalls but I can see where it would still be uncomfortable. The tranny thing is not the issue with this law – the trannies are doing their thing and not bothering anyone. It is the pervert that now is considered breaking the law to hang out in the ladies room. If the coaches would explain that, there would be applause and approval from the parents of recruits.

Rick
    Keymaster

[/quote]

LOL well said

pakfanistan
    Participant

LOL well said

What does a ‘PC state’ look like?

gso packbacker
    Participant

Political correctness, while well-intended, creates as many issues as it hopes to solve, ignoring the real issues that need to be confronted.

It seems PC is often used by people from both sides because they are talking AT each other, not to each other. Yes, we should consider differing perspectives (education and enlightenment anyone?), but that comes more through real conversations than internet forums.

As my Dad used to preach to me, Perception IS Reality. That is, THEIR perception is YOUR reality so you better deal with it. And trust me, my Dad was in no way Politically Correct.

Rick
    Keymaster

LOL well said

What does a ‘PC state’ look like?

“The Democratic National Convention has turned a women’s restroom into an “all-gender” bathroom at the Wells Fargo Arena. The all-gender bathroom is one of the ways the DNC is infusing its party platform into the arena accommodations. The arena also has a “gluten-free zone” and garbage cans are categorized by landfill, recycling, and compost.”
    Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/07/dnc-turns-ladies-room-into-all-gender-restroom/#SW3HJqZEILZQGZBK.99″

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.