Game Thread: Wolfpack Football vs Monarchs of Old Dominion

Home Forums All StateFansNation Game Thread: Wolfpack Football vs Monarchs of Old Dominion

Viewing 8 posts - 151 through 158 (of 158 total)
  • Author
    ancsu87
    Participant

35-0, go to a game. I get it smart asses, just saying it’d be nice to routinely beat teams of this caliber by more than 20 points.

Who’s this whiney ass? Did ‘Alum44 get an intern?

ODU is not top 25, but they are a solid team, solid program. Best team the ‘Pack has faced thus far in 2015. And unless my math is failing me, the Wolfpack did beat a team of that caliber by more than 20 points.

Also look at UW-Troy game in Madison today. The Big10 power at home struggled for a half and did not really pound them into submission.

mak4dpak
    Participant

My first trip to this high school type stadium. Great win for the team, especially with an ailing quarterback.

redisgood
    Participant

Haha, yes it was definitely a high school type stadium. I laughed when we tried to go out one gate for a beer at halftime, and were told re-entries aren’t allowed. So we went to the next gate where they were letting people go out to have a cigarette and come back in. The beer tasted just as good going out that gate.

Not a bad game overall, but I think there are still some things to clean up before we get into the ACC schedule. Pass coverage looks a little shaky, and we have been helped by the other team dropping passes in all three games. I’m worried we could get burned big time here. The other is we don’t seem to have any kind of a vertical passing game. I know we’re running the ball really well, and the short passes are working, but we need some semblance of a deep threat. So far it’s been a combination of the receivers not getting any separation, and Jacoby not looking their way when they do separate. I’m hoping its because DD is keeping things pretty vanilla until we play tougher teams.

I was also walking out beside Jacoby, and he had a noticeable limp. I think it might have happened on his long run late in the 3rd qtr. Hope it’s just a minor thing.

mak4dpak
    Participant

Hopefully after the next game. We will be ready for the ACC, and Louisville, running a non vanilla game. Anything less will not do.

choppack1
    Participant

Read somewhere that we are 6-0 ats – that’s impressive from both a coaching and execution standpoint.

Next week’s opponent is even so we will have to keep improving.

Greywolf
    Participant

Next week’s opponent is even so we will have to keep improving.

We are favored by about 16, not even. Not that we can waltz in and win going away.

I sometimes forget that the “line” we get is based on how much is being bet on one team or the other, not relative strengths. If you looked at last year’s record, you would think all our games would be closer than they are.

tjfoose1
    Participant

We are favored by about 16, not even.

I could be mistaken, but I think he meant they were “even” at covering the spread, as compared to the Wolfpack, which is 6-0 in its last 6.

Or maybe he didn’t. Hell, I don’t know.

But does this mean I have to bet on the ‘Pack to cover again, to keep up the mojo?

Pack78
    Participant

But does this mean I have to bet on the ‘Pack to cover again, to keep up the mojo?

Yes.

Viewing 8 posts - 151 through 158 (of 158 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.