Game Thread: Wolfpack Football at Wake (ugh)

Home Forums All StateFansNation Game Thread: Wolfpack Football at Wake (ugh)

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Win or no win, I dread what Clemson will do to this team. It will take a 100% perfect effort to make the game even respectable.

MrPlywood
    Participant

The plays were there for easy scores. JB missed. Ugh.

Perhaps I missed something on replay. With the state of the kicking game, I don’t get the point of three passes, leaving yourself 4th and 11. You’re on the 14, just keep running.

Pack1969E
    Participant

Thank you for the win Wolfpack…and it is finally over.

MrPlywood
    Participant

ACC win at WF. That’ll do for today.

Pack1969E
    Participant

On to next week. Keep the margin under 50. IMO we are not in their league, but I have hope, and I will never give up pulling for the Pack.

tjfoose1
    Participant

They covered, easily if not without consternation. CD called it.

tjfoose1
    Participant

As DD just said, the plays where there… execution, boys!

Good win.

Now time for Halloween Voodoo.

CD, chickens are on notice, time for your clarion call.

ruffles31
    Keymaster

Great game. Glad to finally break the streak.

Let’s go ahead and break another streak next week. Clemson hasn’t lost to an unranked team since 2011 when mike glennon demolished the fighting Dabos 37-13

tjfoose1
    Participant

Perhaps I missed something on replay. With the state of the kicking game, I don’t get the point of three passes, leaving yourself 4th and 11. You’re on the 14, just keep running.

Sound logic, but hard to argue with an alternative that puts a wide open, uncovered WR in the end zone from only 14 out. I’ll take that every time.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Fair enough ‘foose, I’m watching on a stream and missed that. Evidently so did JB.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Yep. Don’t get me wrong though, Canada has me scratching my head at times too. But I give him the benefit of the doubt in the short term, and usually, once the sequencing plays out, the logic is there.

Whether I agree or not with the specifics, that’s all I ask.

It sure beats Bible’s signature telegraphed shotgun RB dive for 2.1 yards, play after play after play.

Texpack
    Participant

A win is a win is a win, especially in Winston.

But Freud says there’s still much work to be done.

Much. Work.

This team’s limit seems to be set by its collective noggin.

Mike Cofer and Damon Hartman qualify

TheCOWDOG

The timing is off on vert game still. Timing is everything on the flats land.

Other than that, I thank Beej, and Wuf for another mojo reversal with moi.

The three of us are thinking about going into the 800-Clairvoyance biz.

Need Tex’s 3K first.

Troll…ya never stepped up, and that’s not like you.

TheCOWDOG

Hines grew up.

TheCOWDOG

…And Roseboro, too.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Don’t get me wrong though, Canada has me scratching my head at times too. But I give him the benefit of the doubt in the short term, and usually, once the sequencing plays out, the logic is there.

I can agree with that. There are things about Canada that have left me scratching my head too. I’ll have to see what he can do developing a freshman QB before I completely make my mind up.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Get that moss trimmed up Danny boy……

BJD95
    Keymaster

REALLY impressed with the front seven today. That is exactly the kind of havoc we needed.

Obviously, the run blocking was also much better. Dayes got to show off his “one cut” ability in the first quarter, for sure. Dunno if we got complacent after that on offense, or what. I suppose time will tell.

mak4dpak
    Participant

A win is a win, but this foot on the gas for one quarter, then sleep mode just don’t cut it. Same as the VT game. When can you score too much? No killer instinct when we get em down. That will not bode well in the Clemson game if that happens. And Jacoby needs to stop locking in on one receiver, when other are open, especially over the middle. We will need everyone next week. And please put the FG on inactive for the game. He is the worst FG I can remember State ever having. If the game is on the line, and he is to win it, we lose.

wolfpackdawg
    Participant

Clemson will thrash this team. As much as I hate it they are for real.

Wufpacker
    Participant

‘Twas a good day. ‘Twas a much needed win.

‘Twill be more of both I hope.

‘foose, don’t be alarmed but I’m gonna hit you up in the near future. Hope that’s cool.

mak4dpak
    Participant

Coastal division sucks, pretty much. Best teams in the Atlantic. Louisville lost by 3 to the tiggers. Still have my faith. But better play a full game.

TheCOWDOG

Get that moss trimmed up Danny boy……

I have. but the winter beard is comin’ on.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Was unable to watch. A very important win. Well done.

Clemson is going to be a freakin load. They are college playoff worthy as it stands today.

Texpack
    Participant

The timing is off on vert game still. Timing is everything on the flats land.

Other than that, I thank Beej, and Wuf for another mojo reversal with moi.

The three of us are thinking about going into the 800-Clairvoyance biz.

Need Tex’s 3K first.

Troll…ya never stepped up, and that’s not like you.

Going double or nothing vs the Tiggers to keep the mojo in tact.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.