Game Thread: Wolfpack Football at Wake (ugh)

Home Forums All StateFansNation Game Thread: Wolfpack Football at Wake (ugh)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

And so the Pack’s biennial trip to Winston-Salem, with a superior team in tow, is upon us once again. Nobody needs to beat that particular statistical
    [See the full post at: Game Thread: Wolfpack Football at Wake (ugh)]

BJD95
    Keymaster

Mmmmmmmm, katana pic.

I am missing the Everton/arsenal match to focus my live energies on the Pack and break the bad juju. Even thoug the Toffees arguably need me even more.

TheCOWDOG

I sent an old Tuscarora shaman over there to walk the field. He couldn’t find anything. He doesn’t understand it, either.

He burnt some beech on our sideline just the same.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Komrades, a satirical site that you may or may not be aware of:http://www.thepeoplescube.com

Funny stuff flows from the Karl Marx Treatment Center…

Texpack
    Participant

Special game this afternoon as I get to watch it with Texpack Sr, Class of 1950.

Go Pack!

Texpack
    Participant

Desmond Howard just picked us to lose

pack_time
    Participant

Jacoby just showed a glimpse of the FSU game last year. I like it

tjfoose1
    Participant

That’ll work.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Hakim! Good to have him back.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Glad he’s back.
    The boys like that one.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Nyheeeeemmm!!!11!!

Nice toss by JB too.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Down field passing game, check.

DL being a factor, check.

Matt Dayes back on track, check.

Hakim Jones, check.

Hines finally making a mark, check.

All good and we haven’t even used Samuels yet.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Dayes again! 3 carries, 144 yds.

Where was this team the past 2 games? Ready to play and crisp execution. THIS is what we were expecting.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Agreed…now hoping the foot doesn’t slip off the gas too soon. Both today and beyond.

The Jones factor is tremendous. Good call ‘foose.

Pack1969E
    Participant

“He burnt some beech on our sideline just the same.” CD, looks like he also sprinkled some Ted Brown magic on Dayes’ uniform. Hope it holds up over the next three.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Hey Fox, hate to interrupt, but there’s a game being played on the field.

Pack1969E
    Participant

OK. Not time to slow down. Pick up the pace and put more points on the board. Go Pack!

Adventuroo
    Participant

Hello…..missed the pre-game due to a civic benefit event and had to do a bit of shopping and OF COURSE….the store’s register computer went out to lunch. There was a LOT of RED in the store in Cary. Of course, being a Lowe’s, there is the Redneck factor….even though there are a lot of upscale vehicles in the parking lot. Did NOT see a single rainbow bumper sticker of a certain shoe-in Dem candidate.

OK….about the game…..

First….I certainly HOPE that the nutruitionist did NOT spike the team pre-game meal with any banned substance. They seem to be playing at a level not seen in a while.

Second…..whatever Coach D said….I hope it was recorded and we will be able to hear it.

Third…..this seems like a “multifaceted message”

>>We understand that we HAVE to focus and play like the team that we are capable of being

>>We also understand that we need to put this BB&T WF Field jinx or curse into the coffin and BURY IT…..and we are gonna DO JUST THAT.

>>We also got the word that the OGORM contingent was hear and that they were crowing in SFN and do NOT intend to let them down….

>>We intend to make a STATEment and avenge some past losses. We will play with enthusiasm and be good sports and NOT run up the score. BUT, if we continue to prevail, then the stats this week will be orders of magnitude HIGHER than last week’s WF loss to UNX. Probably should hold back…..but, hey….this is WF….

>>Finally….there is NO truth in the rumor of a UNX Hangover on the WFU team….we are just exerting our control and domination over them.

THANKS TO THE TEAM…..that clarifies that….

GRRRRRRRR……as I hit SEND, the Ref signaled a WF Score. Someone PLEASE advise their buddies on the sideline that we are NOT the Seattle Seahawks….and that we do NOT need to pull a disappearing act in Q2, Q3 or Q4….

GO PACK….

Pack1969E
    Participant

Typically what happens when the Pack offense slows down…Wake scores. Now come back and score for the Pack!

MrPlywood
    Participant

He burnt some beech on our sideline just the same.

Looks like some beeches are getting burned on the field too.

Pack1969E
    Participant

Old MO shifted toward WF in Q2. Do not like that shift. DD seems to know what needs to be done in the 2nd half. Will the players respond with kill’em play coming out of the locker room. I am anxiously waiting.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Little loss of MO…but thrilled at the numbers. Break came at the right time.

TheCOWDOG

Did I say how much I hate arrow routes? JB can’t throw one.

And….I could never run one!

Texpack
    Participant

Sr keeps asking when the State game starts he doesn’t believe his eyes. Glad I wasn’t able to find CD’s van.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Jacoby looking much better today. Looks like the coaches have emphasize the downfield passing. Hit several, even on one of the misses, deep down left sideline to Trowell, was perfectly thrown. Just went right through Trowell’s arms.

Need the deep ball ti be a respected threat to make the offense go.

Zero points 2nd qtr, but I’m liking what I see thus far in the passing game.

Rosboro making a mark. New deep threat in Trowell, finally hitting Hines deep.

Would be nice for the LB crew to log a notch in the lawmaking column. It’s been a while.

Any news on Grinnage? I haven’t seen him, but then, Im not watching too closely as Im recovering from a bit of Friday night festivities.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.