Four weeks to kickoff !

Home Forums StateFans Football Four weeks to kickoff !

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    highstick
    Participant

Really looking forward to football. DD Inc have done a great job putting the program in a position to have the best season in a long time.

Secondary is a bit of a concern – as is field goal game. All in all, the most complete team we have had in my memory. A credit to his building….

During Earle Edwards’ first 6 years he was 9-21-2. The last 11 years Coach Edwards’ teams finished 1st or 2nd in the conference 8 times.

In his first 4 years Doeren is 9-23 — very similar to Edwards. Will the future be similar?

Yea, and then he retired and we went 3-8 the next year which resulted in Holtz and Cowdog!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

highstick
    Participant

Traveling?

Touring South Carolina?

McCallum

Seen all of SC I need to see although I’ll admit the girls are worth a second look.

This ‘traveling’ is a river cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam.

Cool! I did the ground version from Sweden down to Prague/Budapest and lots of other places in December. You picked the right time because the sun doesn’t go down at 3 in the afternoon. We picked up a new Volvo in Gothenberg and drove around for over 2 weeks. The cruise is nice. One of my buds is starting from Budapest in October…I’m “pooping” him on how to order beer and find the bathrooms in Hungary!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

TWO WEEKS to kickoff…

DOG Days winding down…

It will good to have something positive to chat about….

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    ryebread
    Participant

I’m ready for some football! Like Charlie Brown, I think this is the year we’re really going to kick the football. Well, if 8-4 is kicking the football….

The question marks?
    – Secondary
    – FG/PAT kicking
    – In game decision making
    – QB play –> only because we’ve not really done well in my lifetime without good QB play. Note, good does not necessarily mean future NFL player, but good means in the top 3rd of the league.

rthomas44
    Participant

State listed as “also receiving votes” . Way too much hype. (Just kidding!)

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

And apparently we’re having major discipline problems before the season even kicks off. Color me underwhelmed.

choppack1
    Participant

Tat. Good news: these were freshmen.
    Bad news: highly recruited freshmen
    Good news: our coach had the integrity to kick them off the team.

ryebread
    Participant

chop: Kind of how I see it as well. I’d rather lose cleanly (or at least as cleanly as we can given the realities of big time college sports) than win dirty. Certain types of actions just cannot be excused.

choppack1
    Participant

Yep Rye. Personally, I don’t like to associate myself with folks who don’t seriously try when it comes to having standards.

rthomas44
    Participant

Some Cheats fan called Finebaum and told him that the Cheats would win ACC and National championship!!! He was laughed off the air.

highstick
    Participant

As much as I am generally turned off with Finebaum, he’s not totally stupid..

Fastback68
    Participant

Did someone murder the Major of Imagination Land? No prediction, expectation, possibilities or crystal renenderings thread. Butters still wants to know if he is going to r— us.

rthomas44
    Participant

Just Googled college football schedule for Saturday…NcState vs SC NOT LISTED!! Now that’s staying under the radar!

freshmanin83
    Participant

Did someone murder the Major of Imagination Land? No prediction, expectation, possibilities or crystal renenderings thread. Butters still wants to know if he is going to r— us.

Are you trying to poke a stick into this seemingly pallid and desultory site. Maybe it is better to let somnolent critters be recumbent.

Becton901
    Participant

Is anyone going to the game Saturday? I’ll probably buy a ticket outside if I have time to go.

McCallum
    Participant

I’m not going due to a prior appointment at the proctologist.

I do know an ex Lutheran that will be in attendance with a one eyed bandit.

Beware: Mouth Carolina fans are trash, every damn last one of them.

McCallum

40YdLine
    Participant

For the first time since 1976 I will not attend the games. Made that decision back in the late winter. It already feels strange not to be prepping for the first tailgate. TV has done this, that and the $10grand it was costing each year. I’ll now enjoy my fall weekends doing other activities and re-directing my objections to the stupidity of CF entry bag/pocket/coat check and pat down from idiots, dumb music over too loud PA systems (thought that was what the band was for), commercials on that giant screen, flashing whatevers on the ring of lights, stupid play calls by the coaches, really stupid calls by the refs, annoying “first down” chants, having to wait until 2 mins left in the half to return to my tailgate for a chicken leg and the insanity of even trying to exit the West lot until the game has been done with for an hour and a half. That re-direction will now be focused onto the possibility that this board will produce some reasonable comments about the team/coaches/media coverage/band/cheerleaders/dancing girls etc.. Hope you can live up to my expectations!

"Don't ever give up"

ryebread
    Participant

40ydline: I made this decision years ago. First I got down to 1 game a year, and then moving far out of the area made it zero.
    I do think that one game is about right, particularly if that game is a Thursday night one (don’t blow a weekend day).

Now that you’ve done this step, don’t be afraid to try watching the games on “tape delay.” Just tune out on game day and have a normal Saturday. Saturday evening watch the game in about 2 hours blowing through the commercials. Want to see a play again?
    Just back up. It’s a blow out and you’re done watching, just turn it off. Beautiful. This approach is the ONLY thing that made the last 3-4 years of Gottball tolerable.

40YdLine
    Participant

I’ve developed my own 12 step program for weaning myself. Step 1 .. admit you have a “problem” . I admit it, why would any reasonable man spend $25000 for the “rights” to seats in an arena where he will sweat his ass off for at least 33% of his time there. I must have a problem…

Step 2: Concentrate on your least favorite thing about the problem… easy…. gutdarned gate nazi staff ….

more to come

"Don't ever give up"

rthomas44
    Participant

40yd, Amen.. Went through all that 4-5 years ago. Bought a 65″LG Oled and never looked back. I wouldn’t go to another game if you chauffeured me to the Trump (Dail) tower.

rthomas44
    Participant

Also..no drunks.. no gross bathrooms..no expensive food and drinks..no pseudo patriotic bs.. I could go on but you know all ready.

McCallum
    Participant

40ydline is my new favorite disgruntled State alumni.

rthomas good point on the patriotic bullshi.t.

McCallum

40YdLine
    Participant

Step 3: What will you do without tailgate? Ah Ha… I have a new fifth of Lagavulin to break in.

Step 4: What will you do with the extra time? duh….see step 3.

Step 5: What will you do with the extra money? come on man… see step 3!!!!

Step 6: Remember how much you’ll miss those noon games in September? well, there is the memory of young(er) ladies in sundresses to ponder, but the fact I won’t have to buy a case of Mennen sweat powder and my ass won’t smell like the cork of that Lagavulin!

"Don't ever give up"

40YdLine
    Participant

Step 7: Apologize to all those you offended through the years: OK .. to all the girls in sundresses that I oogled.. sorry. To Jack, who used to usher Aisle 21, for calling him an asshole for making me miss the final(extra) play of the USC game in what was it 1985? To the masses for the foul language used when TA scored a TD against the cheats in Charlotte..I vowed NEVER to step foot back into that stadium EVER. And finally to Tom Reed..but you still sucked.

"Don't ever give up"

WolftownVA81
    Participant

We will be making the trek from Central VA to Charlotte for our typical one game a year. Leaving Friday and coming back Sunday to make a weekend out it. I agree with all the reasons above for not going but since we never had season tickets or parking passes, it’s only the inside the stadium stuff that annoys us. I hope our athletic management will spend some time evaluating the whole game day experience from the fan’s point of view and make some changes. Otherwise, TV will continue to drain the pool of folks willing to put out the cash for an in person game viewing experience (are you listening Dr. Yow?)

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.