Four weeks to kickoff !

Home Forums StateFans Football Four weeks to kickoff !

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    rthomas44
    Participant

Judging from the cover of The Wolfpack, State had the beef, Finley can throw it and the runners and receivers are no cream puffs. What am I missing?

rthomas44
    Participant

Also, the kicking game has to be better!

freshmanin83
    Participant

Huzza

freshmanin83
    Participant
    TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Phil Steele says NCSU one of 13 teams that could crash the college football playoff party due to their D

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/28/284f76ed4943f485dbcb6ea330becf69389acdd58ba9622755df3bb7b17c9077.jpg

I bet even Greywolf would line up to kick him in the nuts for that ludicrous prediction.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

We’ll “kick” something this season….
    exactly what remains to be seen…

As promised… Mr. Stick’s front yard is fundamentally sound and looks better than the bermudagrass field at CF…

I hope this football season is not all about appearances, but fundamentals….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Greywolf
    Participant

I bet even Greywolf would line up to kick him in the nuts for that ludicrous prediction.

Greywolf doesn’t see it as a prediction, but simply a statement of belief that the Wolfpack, could possibly make it to the CFP. Cole Cubelic of the SEC media made one early season prediction that the Pack will be in the playoffs. Cubelic admits that prediction was more to stimulate preseason conversation than a serious prediction. Even that is a little more bold than I am willing to be.

Considering the failure to win any significant games and the losing conference record, you have to wonder what these outsiders are seeing that’s influencing these seemingly ludicrous statements and so-called asinine predictions.

I guess I had better post something that gives non-believers something to rail about.

The players believe! The coaches believe. Many fans believe. You all know what Mr. DOG says about believing.

Our D-line is as good as it needs to be.
    Our starting LBs are 4-year starters and this year are backed up adequately.
    One starting CB is very good.
    The other started some games as a freshman.
    One safety is returning and is very good
    The others need to prove themselves.
    Getting off the bus they do look like football players.
    The returning safety is being checked out at NIK.
    Either they will or they won’t be a problem.

Our OC is in his second season and is comfortable with his players.
    The players are comfortable with the offensive system.*
    The playbook is opening up.
    Our QB has put on 15 lbs of muscle.
    Our top 2 receivers are back and their back ups look like starters
    We have our secret weapon, JaySam, returning.
    The O-line has reasonable experience.
    Is competing very well with our D-line
    Is aggressive and sometimes just plain nasty

Our RBs must step up. If not one then by committee.
    The kicker must come through adequately but not necessarily spectacularly. It will be easy to find fault but we should be OK.

* On the first day of fall practice the offense started to install more of the offense. We were on the first day where we were last year at the first game.

IMNSHO If we play up to our capabilities, we all will be happy with the Pack. If the ball bounces our way a few times, we will be very happy and our expectations level will go off the charts.

McCallum
    Participant

Bring out your dead.

McCallum

Fastback68
    Participant

So, are we stealing We Believe from 1991 ECU?

Greywolf
    Participant

Didn’t realize ECU had a copyright on believing. Perhaps they should put it to use themselves in 2017.

choppack1
    Participant

Really looking forward to football. DD Inc have done a great job putting the program in a position to have the best season in a long time.

Secondary is a bit of a concern – as is field goal game. All in all, the most complete team we have had in my memory. A credit to his building….

But now we have to sign on the line that is dotted.

freshmanin83
    Participant

No on this site it might be better said they believe.

Greywolf
    Participant

Really looking forward to football. DD Inc have done a great job putting the program in a position to have the best season in a long time.

Secondary is a bit of a concern – as is field goal game. All in all, the most complete team we have had in my memory. A credit to his building….

During Earle Edwards’ first 6 years he was 9-21-2. The last 11 years Coach Edwards’ teams finished 1st or 2nd in the conference 8 times.

In his first 4 years Doeren is 9-23 — very similar to Edwards. Will the future be similar?

wolfpackdawg
    Participant

wtny

McCallum
    Participant

During Earle Edwards’ first 6 years he was 9-21-2. The last 11 years Coach Edwards’ teams finished 1st or 2nd in the conference 8 times.

In his first 4 years Doeren is 9-23 — very similar to Edwards. Will the future be similar?

I’ll eat my shoes.

McCallum

PackofMac
    Participant

I’ll eat my shoes.

McCallum

I’ll eat my shoes if we don’t take a poop in Charlotte. Before you scathe, I have 6 seats in the home of Scam Newton so I’ll say as though feels….I hope we beat ass, I’ll begin to be excited. Until then, don’t fall for it Charlie Brown

McCallum
    Participant

McCallum factoid of the day:

I grew the turf in Panther Stadium (twice).

McCallum

Fastback68
    Participant

Breaking Dan Morgan’s leg is noteworthy. IIRC, I watched Brett Favre pick up a yard of sod in an attempt to refill a seven foot divot.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

May I suggest that the “quiet optimism” coming out of West Rawlee and other places is somewhat deafening?

We need “Details”!!!

Mr. Dog and the rest of the locals…

Where forth art thou, brothers in the bond?

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    TheCOWDOG

Can’t help ya. Been trappin’ otter on the French Broad…spotty to no wifi on the Tennessee side.

Got some opinions, though. CJ Riley will give teams fits as they hone in on Harmon.

Summer vacation lives on. Brown Trout are biting on Paint Creek. Later

Greywolf
    Participant

The players believe! The coaches believe. Many fans believe. You all know what Mr. DOG says about believing.

Some folk don’t get it, Mr. DOG. Say it again.

Got some opinions, though. CJ Riley will give teams fits as they hone in on Harmon.

We are a dangerous 2-deep with the wides.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Well, since I’ve been paying attention the line has moved from -5 NC State to -5.5, and now to the more significant -6 number. That’s neato I reckon for the 1st game.

As far as making the playoffs….

My book has NC State at 33 to 1 to even win the ACC championship with exactly 8 teams in front of us with better odds. 16.5 to 1 we even win the Atlantic.

One thing I’m sure of: We aren’t the only team that “believes”. You folks try not to get suffocated by the hype. My expectations are staying put for now.

rthomas44
    Participant

Just watched Glennon throw an interception against Denver. Chicago is gonna wonder why.

Greywolf
    Participant

My expectations are staying put for now.

What a flippin’ surprise! If we finish 10-2, your expectations would be what? 7-5?

How about refresh my memory. What are your expectations?

rthomas44
    Participant

Hey GreyW.. at least blast the right man. That was the troll.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.