DD and Recruiting … Has NC State moved into the Elite?

Home Forums All StateFansNation DD and Recruiting … Has NC State moved into the Elite?

Viewing 10 posts - 76 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    SaccoV
    Participant

Here’s Khalid Martin’s Pack Pride write-up. This has been a stellar in-state recruiting class, and there could be more on the horizon. Getting back to the focus of this post, if we have a major flip or a top-5 get (Crouch is the one I’m eyeing here), then I believe State will have moved into that territory. But this success in recruiting requires proper context on the field, which only comes with player development, which has been strong under this staff. For the 2020 class, it will be interesting to see if the coaches have really done what many have tried before … to put up those iron gates around the state.

LifeLongWolf
    Participant

Although I would love to see the “Iron Gates” around the borders of NC, I think it gets harder in the future. More elite players means more competition for PT. It’s a complicated formula, for sure, but just one item to think about.

Of course, winning cures a lot of problems.

LifeLongWolf
    Participant

Question for the recruiting gurus:

What does a “commit” mean at this point (for the 2019 class)? Are these guys contractually obligated now, or is this just verbal stuff at this point? If verbal, when is the “sign on the dotted line day?”

Thanks in advance.

Greywolf
    Participant

Commitment at this point means the recruit has chosen a school and committed to sign a letter of intent. There are 2 sign dates. One in December and one in February. Once they sign the LOI they are bound by NCAA rules.

SaccoV
    Participant

For Mac (and everyone else), Michael Clark at PackPride put together an interesting list of the Top Ten recruits based on 247Sports rankings/formulae over the past 5 years. Here is the link. I was very surprised who topped the list but just as surprised at the amount of great talent (even those recently drafted) who are NOT on the list. I think Mac is very right in terms of not buying recruiting rankings (either team or individual) as gospel. The #1 on this list is a microcosm of this very point. Enjoy.

Greywolf
    Participant

I just wrote a post, hit submit and it disappeared. I can take a hint. It’s been real.

Pack78
    Participant

^I recently wrote one on the other site, it never posted and I later found it in a drafts folder…maybe yours was/is merely stuck in the ether?

SaccoV
    Participant

Shyheim Battle, come on down! Here is the link!

GoldenChain
    Participant

The Observer (Disturber) had the top 25 NC recruits listed and commitments from 8 to NCSU, 1 to unx.

Amazing given their pro unx bias.

SaccoV
    Participant

Picked up TE from Pisgah High (my old roomie’s alma mater). Here is the PP link. Blueshirt candidate.

Viewing 10 posts - 76 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.