Baseball: Fort Worth Regional Preview

Home Forums All StateFansNation Baseball: Fort Worth Regional Preview

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 357 total)
  • Author
    ruffles31
    Keymaster

Good win today. This breaks a bad streak for the Pack9.

This is the first time in the last 6 appearances in the NCAA Tournament when State has not hosted (and not been a #1 seed) that the Pack has won its opening round game (2 vs. 3 seed). Last time they won their first game as a 2nd or 3rd seed was 2004.

With Britt and Gilbert throwing a shutout, the pen is saved from much use as well.

Good luck tomorrow against TCU!

Wufpacker
    Participant

^ Almost makes one want to load up on coffee and/or Red Bull and drive thru the night (and day) to Fort Worth, huh? Or Forth Worth even.

According to Google it’s roughly a 17 hour drive, which would leave a couple hours to spare for dinner and a power nap before gametime.

Decisions, decisions.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Hee hee, I will have the power nap just to get through the full TV broadcast.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Sparky…turn off the TV and come to bed.

mak4dpak
    Participant

Great start for the team in Texas, now to finish that way. Hopefully TCU used up its scoring, in the Sacred Heart game. We can’t lose now, as season will be done, and back to Raleigh til next year. Hope there will be some television coverage this time. Go Pack!

BJD95
    Keymaster

We saw in Durham what happens when you waste too many of your allotted runs in one game, didn’t we?

PackofMac
    Participant

Running up the pitch count strategy by watching a ton of pitches (mostly strikes) to get to the bull pen won’t work tomorrow. Or much like FSU their bull pen is as nasty as the starters. Swing the damn bat jack!!!

Fastback68
    Participant

ESPN3 8pm, ESPNU for whip around coverage.

BJD95
    Keymaster

FUCK. I already need my laptop to stream Cards/Dodgers. Damn you, ESPN.

BrickyardMayhem
    Participant

Nice game yesterday. Had a decent showing of Pack fans there all in red. I was getting a kick out of the TCU fans pulling for Stony Brook. One guy sitting close to me was explaining to his buddy that they feared the Wolfpack and therefore wanted Stony Brook to win. We were hitting a lot of hard balls right at these guys. Could have easily been 6 or 7 to nothing. One play I did not understand was Avent calling for a bunt with men on first and second and two outs. Seems to go against everything I understand about the game. We tried the same play with 1 out and popped up the bunt to the pitcher. It was also interesting to see how physically small Stony Brook was in size. The Pack looked like college guys playing a high school team. Too bad I will miss the weekend games. Really enjoyed the stadium and the TCU fans. All really nice folks (that I met – and of course, we were not playing them yet). Go Pack.

Becton901
    Participant

Go Pack!
    Win at Forth Worth forthwith!

Wufpacker
    Participant

BJD95
    Keymaster

Collage Station or bust!!!

Fastback68
    Participant

Do I need to beg. Lady pics, lady pics.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Collage Station or bust!!!

I already have my scissors at the ready, Sir.

As far as the Lady Pics request, I had already considered posting some earlier today, then thought better of it due to none having been posted yesterday before the win. The mojo gods can be fickle. Have to think of a way around it…maybe hotties who appeared in the various Vacation movies? But that vid got posted AFTER the win, sooooo….

Wufpacker
    Participant

FWIW, a neat row of goose eggs for ECU today vs FIU, pie-rats eliminated.
    I even wore my FIU Baseball shirt today just for the occasion. Yes, I really have an FIU Baseball shirt, though I no longer remember how it came to be in my possession.

Coastal up by 3 in the 9th, trying to stave off a 9th inning rally by TXSO and avoid elimination.

EDIT – Chanticleers hang on, stay alive…TXSO goes home.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Raining like a sumbitch in Fort Worth. SB with the early 3 nil lead on Sacred Heart before the delay kicked in, bottom 1st.

mak4dpak
    Participant

SB up 7-1 after two, with the TCU 10-0 win not looking so dominating. We can take this. Pitching will probably be the key.

TheCOWDOG

We got one hr…before post
    from Forth Worth..,

Somebody better get some tits up here.

PackofMac
    Participant

where the f is the damn game??? all 8 games are erased from espn3

Pack78
    Participant

I also have no video for ESPN2 (TWC)…

Edit: Gametracker now lists our start time as 9:05…wet grounds?

Gowolves
    Participant

I saw a few games today on the NCAA website that had a team against a TBD. How can that be on day two?

Wufpacker
    Participant

Start time is delayed until 9:05 (because of SB/SH game running long, btw).

I had an epiphany of how to work around the mojo factor of the baseball gods. It was so simple, yet elegant…

Wufpacker
    Participant

Heelh8r
    Participant

Now we’re ready!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 357 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.