Baseball: Fort Worth Regional Preview

Home Forums All StateFansNation Baseball: Fort Worth Regional Preview

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 357 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

Wolfpack Baseball (34-21, 18-15 ACC) missed out on the NCAA Tournament last season for only the 2nd time in the last decade, but their last post-seaso
    [See the full post at: Baseball: Fort Worth Regional Preview]

BrickyardMayhem
    Participant

Finally a little Wolfpack action in Texas. Tickets are secured and looking forward to the game tomorrow. Only hope it does not rain. Too much of that lately here….

Wufpacker
    Participant

^ Good deal!!! I hope Pack fans in Tejas represent well.

I myself was unable to make it work for this weekend :'(

And it wouldn’t be 2015 NC State Baseball without the threat of weather. Slightly less than 50/50 T-storms currently according to TWC. But of course it drops right about the time the TCU/Sacred Heart nightcap is scheduled. No respect.

Texpack
    Participant

Fort Worth is a bit far for me. Maybe next weekend in Aggieland. The TCU campus is one of the least attractive college campuses you will ever visit. I was really surprised when we looked around there a few years back. Fort Worth is, however, the down to earth portion of the Metroplex. Nicely removed from the general snobbery of Dallas.

Pack78
    Participant

^’Dallas for culture, Forth Worth for fun!’

Hey Wuf-No tarhole crap here, when you ‘borrowed’ something (from Fitt), ya credited him…

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Gopack.com (yeah, I know) has the game listed at 3:30. Is 2:30 gametime or coverage time (I’d think an hour for something like this would be a little too long of a build-up)? Oh, who to believe, who to believe?
    Go Pack!

P.S. How many times did you reread the headline for spelling? 😉

Pack78
    Participant

^2:30 Central-3:30 EST.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Gothca, thanks. So, everyone’s right. 3:30 works better for me anyway. Relativity at its finest.

ruffles31
    Keymaster

Read that Curt Britt is starting today.

He had a great start at Wake a few weeks ago.

Also, he pitched at South Carolina who until this year was a regular attender in the NCAA tournament, so he won’t be phased at all.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Yes, my mistake on the time. 3:30 eastern is correct. And works better for me as well.

And PIR, I went thru at least twice more than usual, headline and body, to make sure I didn’t misspell that little four letter word anywhere I didn’t intend to. Dick. 😀

BJD95
    Keymaster

Scary top of the 1st, but escape unharmed.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Hey, at least they’re outplunking us so far.
    I guess that’s a good sign.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Doh!!!

Scoreless after 3.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Stupid cavern ballpark.

I’m also mad at TCU for not re-naming it after Super Cardinal hero Matt Carpenter.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Rat wins the battle. Huzzah!!

Wufpacker
    Participant

Ratledge 2 run shot gives Pack first blood. 2-0 in the 5th.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Seawolves fighting back. One tough-assed bunch of Yankee sumbitches.

Isn’t this like 3 times in 5 years we’ve been paired with them?

Adventuroo
    Participant

What is with the idiotic producers of ESPNU (as in UNDER BRAINED). The games they are showing and focusing on are almost in the bag. Why not show ours….they show us when we get into trouble….so maybe I ought to shut up….and NOT want the PR.

Pack78
    Participant

2-0 good guys going to the bottom of the 8th-lets get some insurance…

Adventuroo
    Participant

GO….would not know it by ESPNU (as in UNCooperative)….

3 – 0…..on to the WINNERS Game tomorrow….

44rules
    Participant

“Watched” on GameTracker at work. Came home in time to “see” us plate the insurance run and close it out. Great game, I think. Actually, doesn’t matter – we won.

So all we have to do is win the next game and we’re through, right?

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

TheCOWDOG

Gilbert threw strikes…He’s my thattaboy.

TheCOWDOG

^^

Fat lady don’t wave bye-bye til ya lose 2.

Pick up the pace.

TheCOWDOG

Oh…Forth Worth was kind, today.

Wufpacker
    Participant

FWIW, I no longer trust the TCU source claims re: TV coverage for tomorrow, though GoPack.com does seem to be showing coverage on ESPNU.

Time will tell I guess.

Good win today, pitching held nicely, even if a bit shaky at times, especially early. TCU just finished mashing Sacred Heart (broke their heart, one might say) 10-0.

I would presume Brian Brown vs Preston Morrison tomorrow, with both pens as fresh as can be for a game 2.

Should be fun.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 357 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.