Archie gets 7 year deal to coach at Indiana

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Archie gets 7 year deal to coach at Indiana

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 220 total)
  • Author
    OutWestWolf
    Participant

it’ll come back around, there was going to be some inevitable bloodletting on this coaching hire.

TheCOWDOG

Oops. Gotcha AT. Wuf’s out to dinner, but I’m not.

pakfanistan
    Participant

It is sad how far this site has fallen… another casualty of the Gott Obama era.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Oops. Gotcha AT. Wuf’s out to dinner, but I’m not.

well, you’ll never make it if you don’t take the shot!

Greywolf
    Participant

I read that quote as a reference to Yow but it is certaintly open to interpretation

Yow wasn’t here when Sendek was proudly railroaded out of town.

JeremyH
    Participant

We make things so complicated. Anyone stop to think that since Herb left town or was forced out, or virtually fired, that Archie was also “fired” once already from State? Why look back, and to not so fond memories? Turn the page.

OutWestWolf
    Participant

Sendek was proudly railroaded out of town

sincerity or sarcasm?

Wufpacker
    Participant

Sendek was proudly railroaded out of town

sincerity or sarcasm?

Can’t it be both?
    (oh shit I forgot I’m not supposed to be back yet….NEVERMIND!!!)

TheCOWDOG

I read that quote as a reference to Yow but it is certaintly open to interpretation

Yow wasn’t here when Sendek was proudly railroaded out of town.

Aw Jesushchristinasidecar.
    🙂

The they, do not think it possible.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Turn the page.

Page is clearly turned. He’s the one who turned it. Now his pops wants to get in the act of disparaging our University to the media. Total crass.

Keep brown nosing the Miller family if you guys want to. Too fresh for me to turn the other cheek. Miller family, can, again, STICK IT.

freshmanin83
    Participant

I love all of your guys even if I am not always able to follow the intent of all of the posts.

wolfmanmat
    Participant

Remember, Archie is not really an NC state fan. He played basketball here. Maybe he came to State because he couldn’t play at other schools. He’s not a nc native. He came here for basketball. He got a better job than ours. Move on to Keatts.

Greywolf
    Participant

Can’t it be both?

Yes, Wufpacker, it could be. If one was here when it happened, one would get it.

PackofMac
    Participant

My sinuses are killing me.

McCallum

I want to buy this guy a beer or 12

OutWestWolf
    Participant

If one was here when it happened, one would get it.

impudent drivel

truth be told you fall out on one side of the earlier statement or the other

Wufpacker
    Participant

Can’t it be both?

Yes, Wufpacker, it could be. If one was here when it happened, one would get it.

Right?

Texpack
    Participant

This has all the markings of serious insecurity issues. Need “your people” in place above you and have Daddy involved publicly in your career moves.

I think Archie will do very well in Bloomington. He’s a good coach.

I will repeat my wait and see on our hire. What is tiresome is seeing the ramblings of people who have constructed a set of events and “facts” to fit their own opinion when they have no effing clue what went down. Keatts is our coach. Archie is in Bloomington. Let’s play at least three seasons that way before we discuss this anymore.

Go Ducks!

ryebread
    Participant

Ehhh… Archie’s dad didn’t really know that much. Much more telling were the quotes from Calipari, particularly given he’d defended Gott.

I thought we should have made the move last year and was quite vocal last year and last Spring. Our job was much more attractive with the Rescue Squad sitting on the bench. We let Gott remove all doubt, which makes it odd that someone would think we don’t support coaches.

Oh well, onward and upward. I wish Archie the best except against NC State.

BJD: Come on back. We miss you. Just do like I do and don’t support this nonsense in any way with your $$$. When I give, it is to the school directly or my specific department, but never to athletics. I may go to a game from time to time, but it is purely for the entertainment value and typically to catch up with old friends. Goodnight is no fool and seems to think similarly.

albunde55
    Participant

Believe the Millers have misread the IU job! Speaking for myself, split with big four, finish in top half of ACC is minimum. Get team to sweet 16 every 3-4 years. I’ll consider this coach a success! Conference championship or tournament champ, will probably get a statue commission!

Not sure IU will settle for this!

This is my happy face

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Let’s play at least three seasons that way before we discuss this anymore.

Now that’s funny right there. I don’t care who you are; that’s funny.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Oh well, onward and upward. I wish Archie the best except against NC State.

Now you’ve done it – BIG10/ACC Challenge schedulers are pencilling in State v Indiana as we speak…

tvp1
    Participant

BJD: I’m surprised by your take on this. To me, events have shown that once IU opened, our chance with Archie went to near zero. We can’t match IU’s contract. We can’t match IU’s prestige, particularly for someone who was always intrigued by the top B1G jobs (per numerous reports). And I do think Archie was looking for an “easier” job and IU is it. Not easier in terms of less pressure – far from it – but easier in terms of the school’s place in the relative conference pecking order.

I see no evidence nor reason to believe that Yow was a major factor here (certainly not that we chose Yow over Archie).

I think you can fault Yow for hiring Keatts instead of other possible options (Wade, or angling for a P5 coach who might want to move). But once IU opened, Archie was not one of those possible options, realistically.

MP
    Participant

It’s like f***ing kindergarten around here ffs

Speaking of which, Keatts should threaten that one of his family members will beat up Archie Miller’s dad.

44rules
    Participant

Can’t we all just get along?

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

Fastback68
    Participant

SFN=hillbilly elegy

Viewing 25 posts - 126 through 150 (of 220 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.