Archie gets 7 year deal to coach at Indiana

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Archie gets 7 year deal to coach at Indiana

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 220 total)
  • Author
    Wulfpack
    Participant

It was absolutely a reference to Yow.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Whatever it was it was inappropriate to make that comment to the media. Real scummy thing to do.

ancsu87
    Participant

I think it IS a reference to Yow, and I would be careful in thinking Papa Miller speaks for Arch. He took the Dayton job without telling him, and he very well could have been conducting his business this time around without him being very much in the loop.

What you VERY EASILY COULD HAVE is just an irritated father throwing shade back after a whispering campaign about Arch being “scared” once we made our panic hire. That would piss most folks off. And it’s really pretty narrowly focused – like Rick, I take it to mean Yow/the athletics department.

I think Arch LIKELY had some concerns about the athletics department, but very well might have still taken our job had IU not come open. But we will never know.

No need to keep beating this into the ground. I just wanted to congratulate a good man/alumnus, and wish him well on the national stage. At least his side wears red, has a history of f-cking over the Holes (1984 Sweet 16), and fits better as the new Shadow Pack than Coach Cal’s bunch did. ?

Leslie Knope and Ron Swanson would both be stoked!!

I don’t think anyone in AD or official NC State capacity ever said Archie was “scared”.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Check. Check. Check.
    Yep….carry on.

pakfanistan
    Participant

It was absolutely a reference to Yow.

Prove it

ancsu87
    Participant

Check. Check. Check.
    Yep….carry on.

Prove it and prove the Keatts / booster conspiracy theory …

TheCOWDOG

In order to buy into him referencing Yow, one would have to buy into a notion that Yow does not have a coach’s back…You see, that would fly in the face to the most common criticism of her.

IE: High pay and extended contracts, riding the same horse too long.

It can’t be both.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Check. Check. Check.
    Yep….carry on.

Prove it and prove the Keatts / booster conspiracy theory …

I think you might have quoted me by mistake there.
    Or at least mistook my irreverence for giving a shit.
    No worries, it’s an emotional time for all of us.

OutWestWolf
    Participant

It can’t be both.

High Pay in this instance has to be put into context – High Pay for MG and K2T2 may indeed be excessive while at the same time be a cheap offer for coaches with a different set of qualifications and/or potential

tractor57
    Participant

I know nothing, have no sources so all speculation here. My thinking is we had discussions with Archie and could not agree to terms – be that coaching at NCSU, compensation, they car he would be offered or whatever. In my book not knowing more that simply sounds like business. It appears Poppa John has a bug up his butt (maybe Archie does as well but I have seen no proof).

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

In order to buy into him referencing Yow, one would have to buy into a notion that Yow does not have a coach’s back…You see, that would fly in the face to the most common criticism of her.

It can’t be both.

you guys are trying to get to the bottom of nothing.. it was just the case of a Miller being an a$$hole.

TheCOWDOG

^
    No. As I happen to agree, AT. Daddio don’t talk much…but he likes to.

McCallum
    Participant

My sinuses are killing me.

McCallum

JeremyH
    Participant

It appears Poppa John has a bug up his butt (maybe Archie does as well but I have seen no proof).

Sounds like the senior Miller has a serious ax to grind. Maybe we should make him a consultant for the next AD search. John Miller–help us do this right?

Gowolves
    Participant

Most ADs wouldn’t interview a low-major coach who JUST HAPPENS to be a major donor’s buddy and stop there. Ours did. Take from that what you will. YMMV.

I’m afraid you don’t know how life works. I think you shouldn’t be surprised. Money and power holds the cards.

Gowolves
    Participant

The problem is EVEN If Kevin Keatts does turn out to be a hall of fame coach we’ll be a stepping stone for him. If he manages to get us to an elite 8 he’s out of here. You get what you pay for and it is abundantly clear we’re unwilling/unable to dish out the cash. I personally don’t think this will ever be an issue, but if it comes to that you guys mark this post down.

I had the false hope that Archie really wanted to be here. He was our best shot at possibly obtaining a HOF caliber coach AND keeping him around for a long time (again, based on the assumption that this was where he REALLY wanted to be).

That first sentence completely false. If he wins here then he can leave for different challenge but not a step up. If that happens our job is that more attractive.

TheCOWDOG

My sinuses are killing me.

McCallum

Me, too… On the first day back from the desert. Never bothered me before, but my Pharma son says age and all the hybrid sh#t out there seems to have done me wrong.

Just like the case of the Millers. Maybe they’re just a bad head cold.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Most ADs wouldn’t interview a low-major coach who JUST HAPPENS to be a major donor’s buddy and stop there. Ours did. Take from that what you will. YMMV.

I’m afraid you don’t know how life works. I think you shouldn’t be surprised. Money and power holds the cards.

Things just got interesting.
    Gowolves…any closer to a personal attack and things will get more interesting.

I’ll let BJD defend himself from here tho…..should he choose to. Personally, doesn’t seem worth his time if you’re going to start your rebuttal that way, but not my choice.

pakfanistan
    Participant

It can’t be both.

Consistency? In my SFN thread? It’s less likely than you think.

the choice

Wufpacker
    Participant

Never bothered me before, but my Pharma son says age and all the hybrid sh#t out there seems to have done me wrong.

Worse out there now than it is here. No shit.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

That first sentence completely false. If he wins here then he can leave for different challenge but not a step up. If that happens our job is that more attractive.

LOL, okay man. Thanks for the fact check! You must work at Snopes too.

Now hear this! Gowolves pronounces us THE destination job. No step up from here.. 2-3 mil is the pinnacle of achievement for any and all college coaches.

THIS, folks, is another example of why we’re seen as delusional.

Gowolves
    Participant

Things just got interesting.
    Gowolves…any closer to a personal attack and things will get more interesting.

I let BJD defend himself from here tho…..

Just busting chops. It’s not personal. I’m just calling bull*hit when I see it. He knows money talks if what he said is true regarding interviewing a big donors buddy.

Gowolves
    Participant

LOL, okay man. Thanks for the fact check! You must work at Snopes too.

Now hear this! Gowolves pronounces us THE destination job. No step up from here.. 2-3 mil is the pinnacle of achievement for any and all college coaches.

Your wit is amazing. Just so impressed.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Gowolves…and this goes for everybody else too….

You need to recognize that this thread is becoming….let’s call it incendiary. Which is fine, I love a good debate. But for now let’s say there’s a higher standard of “being courteous” than usual. Where the personal attack line usually is….take two steps back. No shit.

I and probably VA too, will not hesitate to lock down this if it gets out of hand.

You’ve been warned. Play nice.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Your wit is amazing. Just so impressed.

I want you to actually type it into the text box and hit submit.

“NC State is the top job in college athletics. Coaches should pay us for an opportunity to coach here.”

Do it.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 220 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.