2016 CWS Open Thread

Home Forums StateFans Baseball & Other Sports 2016 CWS Open Thread

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Adventuroo
    Participant

Factoids of interest….I was posting on the BobLeeSays site and he kept coming up with questions…

Gary Gillmore – 9X NATIONAL COY in Baseball – $232,348 Annual
    Ray Tanner (now AD at USC….formerly HBBC) – $525,000
    Matthew Hogue – AD @ CCU – $ 99,853
    David A. DeCenzo – PRESIDENT @ CCU – $167,400

Elliott Avent – HBC – Guaranteed Annual Base – $473,000
    Bonuses or Incentives up to about $700,000

Winning and just PLAYING or GOING to Omaha – $ 30,000
    LOSING in the Finals – $ 65,000 (this is where GG and the Chants are NOW….they ARE the # 2 Team)
    WINNING the WHOLE THING – $ 90,000 or $120,000 for bringing the banner back to Doak Field.

I will let OTHERS comment on the above….all I try to do is to provide facts, and some of the articles on EA’s contract may have been in error….but it was the BEST I could DO. The SC Data is directly from a Searchable SC Document or Database. SO it appears to be the gospel. SC DOES include their coaches and presidents and AD’s and such….NC, I THINK, does not….

GO CHANTS….Hope the BIL IS a happy camper on the way home. Having driven on the outskirts of Omaha when there was flooding….other than Warren Buffett, there ain’t much else….

Wufpacker
    Participant
    Wufpacker
    Participant

‘Zona takes game one, blanks the beach chickens 3-0.

highstick
    Participant

Sure looked like he was out at first, but it didn’t matter.

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

Texpack
    Participant

Super Chickens trying to give it away.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Game three for all the marbles tomorrow night.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Cock-A-Still-A-Here-Doodle-Do!

Should not have been as tight as it was…..but it IS a W

Go Chant’s

Pack78
    Participant

‘Beach chickens’ (LOL)…like to see that moniker stick.

YogiNC
    Participant

Technically they aren’t “beach” chickens. Granted the campus is “between” Conway and MB but it is considered to be in Conway. I’m just so tickled they came back last night. It would be a great to see them take it all.

Smarter than the average bear

Texpack
    Participant

The Brother-In-Law looked happy when they showed him on TV last night. Got get ’em Super Chickens!

TheCOWDOG

So…’Zona gets to see young 5 o’clock to 2 o’clock.

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

^You better believe it. I’ve enjoyed watching Gilmore coach. That team can really scratch out runs when they aren’t pounding it. Rarely do they fail to put the ball in play and move runners, and he’s aggressive. Not going to lose lagging puts for sure. Hope they pound Zona tonight.

tractor57
    Participant

This is a Carolina I can pull for. Win or lose what an amazing story this year.

YogiNC
    Participant

you can bet this Carolina bunch is quite a bit less arrogant than the other bunch on the hill. Hopefully Beckwith can stymie the Zona batters and Super Chicken ‘gits ‘er done’

Adventuroo
    Participant

TexPack,

Glad your BIL made the “screen” last night. I had wondered if we would see him in the crowd shots. With CERTAINLY no offense to your BIL, the technical directors (guys that line up the shots that the producer approves) seem to be of equal opportunity….

They showed some eye candy and featured some females with nice upper bodies….but they also featured some that perhaps would not be hanging in a locker room…unless it were the Men’s Sumo Wrestling team.

I tried to post this earlier, but the time share internet was flaky.

I was expecting a Pat Summitt Thread. She is to be admired for her record….but perhaps the most crowning achievement was here 100% Graduation Rate. John Wooden’s 10 titles were certainly an achievement….but according to many sources, he got the better players with LA Bling, Noterity and also “Degrees”. SOME of the players were promised POST GRAD degrees.

Having watched my mother’s trip down AZD lane for 25 years….it was a little unnerving that Pat only survived 5 years after diagnosis….and she was 7 year younger that me….sort of gets to you.

RIP Pat…..Mikey K is beginning to look a little more human….after finishing “The Legends Club”. Even DES is a little more likeable….

GO COCKS….or Chants or whoever….

choppack1
    Participant

Roo – first off Summit was a great coach. Heck, if there is a woman out there who could coach an SEC football team and coach it well – it’s her

Secondly, graduation rates above 90% should be treated with skepticism – especially for undergrads at a school that isn’t so, err selective.

Thirdly, go beach chickens. A true Cinderella story. That area is pretty blue collar (Conway) – a victory for Coastal would make a lot of us grin from ear to ear.

YogiNC
    Participant

ummm Chop, not sure “pretty blue collar” is an apt description of the area. True there are many blue collar types down that way but it’s proximity to Myrtle Beach brings in a very wide variety of “folks”. While it’s not a techie haven like the triangle is, it is a mish mash of retirees (of all sorts), home growns of every description from the intellectual elites down to true trailer park trash, and the myriad for those drawn to “live and lie on the beach”. I grew up 20 miles from the actual beach and I’m amazed at the transformation that has taken place down that way. Much like the triangle has been morphed due to what could be considered “outside influences”, so has Horry County, pronounced oh-REE, (home of the Chants). Visitor and real estate taxes have built some of the best schools in the country.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Re…..Pat Summit graduation rate.

Google the above. UT says that all 161 of her players completed the requirements.

Several sources on this and comments.

Lady BB rate is almost 90%.

Gowolves
    Participant

Re…..Pat Summit graduation rate.

Google the above. UT says that all 161 of her players completed the requirements.

Several sources on this and comments.

Lady BB rate is almost 90%.

Roo, you don’t have to look any further than the cesspool to the west to realize those graduation rates are more than likely fraudulent. Have you learned nothing the last 5 years? All of the cheating in college sports is done to keep the woman’s basketball programs competitive.

Pack78
    Participant

CWS game is on the U and ESPN 3…scoreless going to the 3rd.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Coastal caught a hella break on that call.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Potentially costly double boot for AZhat 2B. That dude’s not having a great series.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Good lord, that Young boy tattooed the everloving stank off that one. Whoa.

Pack78
    Participant

Beach chickens looking good at 4-0 still batting in the 6th…double boot opened the door.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Agreed. Really hoping they can make it stand.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.