2016 CWS Open Thread

Home Forums StateFans Baseball & Other Sports 2016 CWS Open Thread

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Wolfanatic
    Participant

Well, of course I’m pulling for Coastal. Why wouldn’t or shouldn’t I? They were there in 2010. Current T.B. Rays player Taylor Motter was part of that squad…. From a Rays fan: watch them make Motter into another Zobrist. The kid is alright…

TheCOWDOG

So I’m sitting in a beach bar with the better half, and see Owings get off the snide. TT gets tight, and there ya go.

TheCOWDOG

Gutsie. Morrison shakes off the thumber, and throws fastball #3 for the K.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Regardless of how tonight or the rest of the bracket plays out, I have to say that I’m very impressed by Coastal’s mettle. Those guys got their minds right, no doubt.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Coastal knocks off TxTech.
    Gotta beat TCU twice now.

YogiNC
    Participant

That kid behind the plate tonight was awesome. you gotta read this
    Parret has career night

Smarter than the average bear

Adventuroo
    Participant

I don’t pretend to be an English Literature expert. But I did OK. Chanticleer was the name of the cock of the walk in Chaucer’s Nun Priest tale. Google & read it.

The old boy saved his feathers & lived a long life with his 7 wives… particularly Peretelone.

They crowed this morning & they live to get a shot at crowing again.

My wife said I jinxed them by adopting them. Headed to Myrtle Beach today…..at the beginning of the game, I told her Gary Gillmore might beat us There.

Go Chang’s… they are a step above your typical SC cock.

Wufpacker
    Participant

‘Zona fights off elimination, downs OkieSt 9-3. Same two tee it up again tomorrow, winner moves to Champ’s Series.
    Coastal/TCU get going with the nightcap in a little over an hour.

Also, fun fact…Duke’s annual yearbook is entitled The Chanticleer. I learned that today quite by accident.

Pack78
    Participant

Also, fun fact…Duke’s annual yearbook is entitled The Chanticleer.

Because they all think that they’re the ‘cock of the walk’?

Gowolves
    Participant

Who would have thought the last two teams that eliminated the Pack would be facing each other to advance? Only happens to the Pack. I guess this is what irony feels like.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Also, fun fact…Duke’s annual yearbook is entitled The Chanticleer.

Because they all think that they’re the ‘cock of the walk’?

That seems as apt an explanation as any.

Gowolves
    Participant

CC is going to make sure they fight to the end. Both teams are pushing the envelope on the base path.

Texpack
    Participant

My brother-in-law played baseball for Coastal back in the day so I’m all in with the Super Chickens.

Gowolves
    Participant

That’s baseball. I kind of like this game.

Gowolves
    Participant

Defense is all I can say. That was sweet.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Coastal fights off elimination, downs TCU 4-1. Same two tee it up again tomorrow, winner moves to Champ’s Series.

Stop me if you think that you’ve heard this one before.

YogiNC
    Participant

Beckwith does it again! As does Parrett! GO GO Chicken Little! They keep this up and they should be called Chicken Big!!!

TheCOWDOG

Can’t do the wide turn on a drag.

Coach G. just pulled an Elliot.

YogiNC
    Participant

Chicken BIG is in the house. I’d love to see them hang 20 on TCU.

Wufpacker
    Participant

So it’s Coastal and ‘Zona. Best 2 out of 3 for the hardware, beginning on Monday.
    Nicely done beach chickens, nicely done.

Texpack
    Participant

Super Chickens move on. Thank goodness we don’t have to listen to that TCU screech any more.

YogiNC
    Participant

As I was watching coastal hanging on to the lead my mind went back to our game with TCU and the meltdown we suffered. The Chants were able to “git er done!” My hope is Beckwith will be ready to go on Monday.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Yogi, TexPack, Wufpacker, et. al. I am at a time share in South Myrtle Beach. I THINK that I heard a roar from the campus last night….or it might have been the echo of the blood curling rooster imitation that I did. Woke up my GD…

I, too, went back into the archives and pulled up the box score on the NCSU v TCU game last year. I could not remember the damage, but it was (memory fading since last night) 6 runs in the 6th….then we let them score a run in each subsequent inning and lost in the 10th.

I was having the same nightmare….TCU, as we ALL know, is explosive. Someone posted a comment on another site that we would take the “But for ONE strike…” approach since we were one of the two teams (to date) to BEAT the Chants in post 2016 season.

I said that it would NOT be….”The STATE Way” and that we would NOT hang a banner with an asterick crowing about how we NEARLY defeated them and tossed THEM out of the CWS run….but if the Ump’s had not wanted to spend more time in Raleigh the next AM, YOU NEVER KNOW…

Gillmore certainly has proven his worth….wonder how many offers or phone calls he will turn down after next week is over. I HOPE they get the banner….and deservedly so….

GO CHANTS….

Texpack
    Participant

Brother-In-Law boarding a plane for Omaha in the morning. I hope he returns a happy man. Go Chants!

highstick
    Participant

I guess I’m gonna have to pull for the “Little Chicken Chandeliers”. Beats the heck out of a team named the “Little Putty Tats wearing Urange Lampshades”!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.