2016 CWS Open Thread

Home Forums StateFans Baseball & Other Sports 2016 CWS Open Thread

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

Yeah, the Pack9 folded prematurely. But my impression is that we have a handful of hardcores who will still follow the CWS, even if only in passing. Plus, it’s like a frigging mausoleum around here lately.

And it’s not as if State fell to a bad team by any stretch. Coastal Carolina has made it all the way to Omaha with 7 other hopefuls. Personally, I’m hoping those beach type roosters bring home the hardware. UCSB and TT will be my other rooting interests.

Bracket 1 gets going today:
    3pm – UCSB vs OkieSt
    8pm – Arizona vs Miami

Bracket 2 goes tomorry:
    3pm – TCU vs TxTech
    8pm – Coastal Carolina vs Florida

http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/baseball/d1/2016/cws

Talk about it.

TheCOWDOG

As an expatriate of CA, I need to see a couple of Gauchos throw some boleros around Okie St; right now!
    .Wonderfully played game.

TheCOWDOG

Awrite. I’ve decided to don a Panama freakin’ hat for game 2. I will not put on white loafers, however.

TheCOWDOG

Awrite. I’ve decided to don a Panama freakin’ hat for game 2. I will not pull out the white loafers, from the 70’s valise, however.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Is that a coy way of saying you will be rooting for the ‘Canes?
    I can’t believe what I’m hearing.

TheCOWDOG

Yessir. Now if it was ASU, different story. I wouldn’t mind seeing Miami’s, Michaelangelo kid getting his dick flipped a couple times, though.

Wufpacker
    Participant

It’s like I don’t even know you anymore.

AsheWolf
    Participant

And the reverse MOJO works again.

Now let’s hear a resounding Go Gators!!!

Wufpacker
    Participant

C’mon Coastal…3 more outs boys.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Good job Beach Chickens!!!! CG win for Beckwith (Coastal starter) is very impressive vs the Gators. Nicely done.

Bracket 1 tomorrow
    Loser’s Bracket, 2pm – Miami vs UCSB (loser eliminated)
    Winner’s Bracket, 7pm – OkieSt vs Arizona

Bracket 2 Tuesday
    Loser’s Bracket, 2pm – TxTech vs Florida (loser eliminated)
    Winner’s Bracket, 7pm – Coastal vs TCU

YogiNC
    Participant

That’s Chicken Little wuf! Beckwith had the stuff! Wuz thinking when I watched him pitch how REALLY nasty his delivery is. Never know which direction it’s coming from and that LOW sidearm with the slider, YUCK! Catching for that dude would be a blast! Give him a low target and watch ’em either whiff or get a called strike. Who could hit that? And not many did! #1 poof, into to the LOSERS bracket you go! GO GO Chicken Little!!!

Smarter than the average bear

Wufpacker
    Participant

That’s Chicken Little wuf!

LOL, yes. But considering the allegedly big cluckers are home in Columbia playing with themselves (so to speak)…..

Zaphod
    Participant

So…the team that eliminated us in dramatic fashion this year is playing the team that eliminated us in dramatic fashion last year?! What are the odds?

ncsu1987
    Participant

Beckwith was masterful last night, the entire game was an absolute joy to watch. I will admit to switching back and forth from Omaha to Oakland, but got to see a lot of the baseball game. Feels weird to have the team I’m rooting for win…I’d like some more, please…

With this field, I must agree – beach chickens all the way!

Will be pulling hard for the Red Raiders in the losers’ bracket, not sure how many teams have beaten Gators twice this year…(couldn’t resist, had to look, was surprised to see that it happened several times this year…) Still…

Thanks, Wuf, BTW, good to see some life here…

YogiNC
    Participant

Found out from reading some of the write ups on that game Beckwith came up with that low sidearm curve pitch supposedly when he was warming up in the bullpen before the game. If that is so (and I have no reason to believe it isn’t) the sky fell on the heads of the gators. Sorry, I could NOT resist the pun. I didn’t see him pitch against us but one would think if he had that stuff against us I would have heard about it in the commentary. In any case it was timely and bonked the gators big time. I can tell you this, All the “other” teams are going to be pulling for “Chicken Little” when they aren’t playing ’em.

YogiNC
    Participant

And if you REALLY want some deja vu, Coastal plays TCU Tuesday.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Gauchos live to fight another day.
    ‘Canes not so much.
    5-3 Final, UCSB eliminates Miami, awaits the loser of tonight’s ‘Zona/OkieSt game.

TheCOWDOG

There, my world order has been temporarily restored.

Well done Gauchos.

Wufpacker
    Participant

OkieSt tops ‘Zona 1-0. ‘Zona will face UCSB on Wednesday. Loser goes home, winner will have to then beat OkieSt 2x to advance to Champs’ Series.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Gators eliminated. TxTech now awaits the loser of tonight’s Coastal/TCU tilt (9pm, ESPN)
    First time in a dozen years the Champ’s Series will not have either an SEC or an ACC team.

Also, it seems that being a national seed ain’t what it used to be.

TheCOWDOG

I’m just gonna go back to my Gauchos, Chauncerleers, match. We had fantastic baseball input on the site over the last month.

Who says SFN has been silent? (I know…I read, and it kinda pissed me off to see someone say that.) Took me 20 minutes to read it, too.

Wufpacker
    Participant

^ Ditto. Unfortunately it looks like TCU may be about to break this one open.

Wufpacker
    Participant

TCU knocks off Coastal. 6-1 Final.
    The Chants will now have to beat TxTech on Thursday, then turn around and beat TCU twice if they are to make the Champ’s Series.

Wufpacker
    Participant

‘Zona eliminates UCSB 3-0 Final, moves on to face OkieSt, must beat them twice.

Pack78
    Participant

I have finally gotten over being torqued off about the way our season ended…looking forward to Coastal’s game tonight-go Chicken Littles!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.