Ah yes, there’s the finish line ahead…
Well, the end of the regular season has arroved as the Pack (15-15, 4-13 ACC) hits the road tonight to face the Tiggers of Clemson (14-14, 4-12 ACC).
And while the game may not have the importance of some other games going on as we approach the finish line, it does have the potential to have an effect on our seeding for the ACC Tourney; and thus our opponent and game time for the Les Robinson round next Tuesday (yes Les has moved up in the world…he now has a whole round dedicated to him instead of just one game).
Like the Pack, Clemson has had a tough go of it of late. Coming into tonight’s game they’ve dropped three straight (FSU, @VT, @Miami) and six of their past seven.
In Case Anyone Wants To Do The Math on Seeding Possibilities (I’m not gonna, btw)
|Schools||Conf W-L||Conf PCT||W-L||PCT|
NC State at Clemson
Tipoff: Wednesday, March 1, 8pm
TV: ACCNetwork (locally on WRAL5)
Pack Closes Regular Season at Clemson (GoPack.com)
– NC State dropped its final home game of the regular season Saturday, falling to #18/19 Virginia, 70-55. Freshman Dennis Smith, Jr., led four Pack players in double figures with 13 points. It marks the 11th time in 17 league games that Smith led NC State in scoring.
– Smith leads ACC freshmen in five statistical categories: points (18.7), assists (6.3), assist-to-turnover ratio (1.85), steals (2.0) and minutes played/game (34.6).
– Junior Abdul-Malik Abu became the 51st player in NC State history to record 1,000 career points, surpassing the milestone in Saturday’s game against Virginia. Abu also moved ahead of Julius Hodge for 6th place on NC State’s career offensive rebounding list during the UVA game. Abu has 257 offensive rebounds for his career. In three career games against Clemson, Abu has 22 offensive rebounds. For his career against the Tigers, Abu is averaging 12.0 points per game and 12.7 rebounds per game, including 7.3 offensive rebounds per game.
– Freshman Markell Johnson is averaging 9.3 points, 4.0 assists, 1.3 steals and 35.3 minutes per game in the Pack’s last three outings. He is shooting 50 percent (11-of-22) from the field during this stretch. In the five games prior to this three-game stretch, Johnson only scored three points, passed out four assists, had one steal and played 50 minutes.
Tigers Take on NC State (ClemsonTigers.com)
CU Series W-L record: NC State leads 101-50
Streak: NC State has won the last two meetings
• Jaron Blossomgame needs three field goals to rank in the top 10 in Clemson history in points, rebounds, field goals, free throws, starts, minutes, 10-point games and 20-point games.
• Blossomgame has scored 20 points or better in eight ACC games this season, tied for fourth among all players in the conference.
• Sidy Djitte needs just six offensive rebounds to reach 100; he will be the first Tiger to achieve the century mark on the offensive glass over the course of a season since Trevor Booker recorded 107 in 2008-09.
• Djitte is coming off his best ACC game of the year, posting 12 points and nine rebounds in 31 minutes off the bench against No. 19 Florida State.
• Shelton Mitchell has scored double figures in eight of the last nine games, and is averaging 12.7 points per game over that stretch.
• Elijah Thomas is shooting a team-best 60 percent on field goals this season. It is the highest accuracy by a first-year Clemson player since Trevor Booker shot 60.2 percent as a freshman in 2006-07.
The Last Wolf Song of the Season
LMFAO (can’t help myself)