We will have a lot more to come on the UNC-CHeats academic/football/agent/tutor/recruiting scandals as the afternoon progresses.
For now, the NCAA’s findings are detailed here.
The penalties in this case include the following:
* Public reprimand and censure.
* Three years of probation from March 12, 2012, through March 11, 2015.
* Three-year show-cause penalty for the former assistant football coach prohibiting any recruiting activity. The public report contains further details.
* Postseason ban for the 2012 football season.
* Reduction of football scholarships by a total of 15 during three academic years. The public report includes further details.
* Vacation of wins during the 2008 and 2009 seasons (self-imposed by the university). The public report includes further details.
* $50,000 fine (self-imposed by the university).
* Disassociation of both the former tutor and former student-athlete who served as an agent runner (self-imposed by the university).
SFN Forums for various other topics available here.