NC Political Predictions

Home Forums StateFans Non Sports Talk NC Political Predictions

Viewing 25 posts - 326 through 350 (of 511 total)
  • Author
    rthomas44
    Participant

You are right on!

McCallum
    Participant

They came here from somewhere and as they were not monolithic they supplanted other immigrant tribes before them.

Under the multicultural mindset they are immigrants as well.

McCallum

McCallum
    Participant

Pure, refined irony that a few lines from a Lazarus poem pasted at the base of the Statue of Liberty serve as the impetus to throw the doors wide open to anyone and everyone while Lazarus advocated for a homeland for her people.

McCallum

ryebread
    Participant

No. The irony is that ANY non-Native American is bitching about immigration. This country has been built on it.

The interesting thing is that the immigrants most complain about are Latin Americans. Studies show that this is a red herring and that they’re on a similar upward trend that other hated groups in the past have been (e.g. Germans, Irish, Asians, etc.).

My thoughts are that immigration is fine. Most immigrants I know pay taxes, keep their noses clean and just want a better life for their families.

Are there some bad ones, sure. There are in every group. We should treat bad people consistently regardless of where they were born or the color of their skin.

rthomas44
    Participant

Happy Thanksgiving and Go Pack!
    Don’t forget, the pilgrims were immigrants.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Happy Thanks Giving…..the REST of the STORY

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2016/11/23/the_true_story_of_thanksgiving

Go Pack….even if a W keeps Coach Doeren for another year.

ONE source, with pretty good WP connections despite being a UNC grad (he was gung ho and a DS BB Team Manager), but he “saw the light” when BD was hired and raised the FIRST flag about BOTBob and the impending freight train driven by Black Santa with Marvin the Conductor.

HE stated in a column that Dr. Woodson had set down some guidelines or “goals” with AD and HC for this season in August….and that they probably were already MISSED. The WPF, seemingly in the KNOW, that I talked were not of the same opinion and thought that DD was a shoe-in for full term. If I were Pro-Choice, I know what I would DO….we shall see come the weekend….

McCallum
    Participant

The country was built on regional cores of identity. There have been long periods of limited to no immigrantion where those regional identities deepened and the national identity became more established. The great middle class rose in this nation during a time period OF NO IMMIGRANTION. The constant “flux” sought by the open borders advocates ONLY DEEPENS THE POWER OF THE CENTRAL STATE. Odd you are indeed to care for strangers more than your own yet I would not question that position if it had ANY Christian underpinnings.

Again, the people here before the Europeans arrived were immigrants as well. If a connection to the past is the requirement for immigrant status then nobody can lay claim to the lands in the Western Hemisphere.

And there you are advocating not for your kin, country or land but for strangers.

McCallum

rthomas44
    Participant

1. I don’t read flush.
    2. I have WPC high contacts and they don’t know anything.
    3. MC, you can keep your stance But it is not a majority position.

YogiNC
    Participant

Sorry RT but it IS the majority opinion, 62% OPPOSE open borders and 68% feel that illegal immigrants hove no standing and should be deported, thems the FACTS. I have the data.

Smarter than the average bear

Adventuroo
    Participant

Yogi,

Remember your facts, which are based on good polling, not the Push-Push mess, are true. The do not agree with the party line that is espoused.

Have many friends that voted for HRC, but agree that we need to enforce the laws….and secure the border and systemically deport the criminals & develop a plan to deal with the remaining. That should include gainful employment & no subsidies.

RT,

Since you have high level WPC connections, what do they speculate will happen with a W or an L.

My gist of my input is that the dye is probably cast.
    . regardless of tomorrow….but you never know.

Thanks

rthomas44
    Participant

No decision has been made and won’t be made until after the full review is made with a “sit-down”. My contact is on bod.
    I have never said anything about open borders or promote d illegals. The thread discussion was about the long history of immigration into the US and denial of such.

YogiNC
    Participant

Roo, that was the numero UNO in that “data”. Not one other subject came within 30 points. “Build the wall” was mentioned either first or second for 88% of respondents. Needless to say that surprised a LOT of folks. My boss initially felt it was a statistical anomaly until more and more data came in.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I’d love to see the sample demographics that were chosen that led to 88% saying build a wall.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Democrats are amusing. They want Hillary to challenge the election at all costs and want McCrory to concede.

They pretty much suck and don’t get it.

Can we lock the thread now?

YogiNC
    Participant

That data was “what do you feel is the most important issue in this campaign?” Granted, of those who were not voting for Trump what was most important was not to elect Trump. That data was thrown out since it truly was not an issue (which was born out by the second question to those who said that). they were asked what issue HRC addressed and they couldn’t come up with any one single issue that could be considered a platform. In other words her only platform was stop Trump. Trump’s platform was part stop HRC, but more thatn that he actually had a platform that took important votes away from HRC, especially in the rust belt. And the most prevalent part of that message was “build the wall”. Even life long DEMOCRATS felt that was important. Want to see the data, I’m sure my boss would make you a deal on the actual breakdowns and the numbers that go with it. Psst… The RNC and Trump knew it 3 weeks before the election, he just had to overcome all the negative press. He stayed on message and that was the difference.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Democrats are amusing. They want Hillary to challenge the election at all costs and want McCrory to concede.

They pretty much suck and don’t get it.

Can we lock the thread now?

Noooooo keep the idiotic politics contained.

McCallum
    Participant

Immigration to the Western Hemisphere appears to be the sticking point.

I contend that the land mass of South and North America was void of human life at some point. Since group time here does not have value except for one group, they migrated often within the continent and had no concept of the nation state, then it is all about being first.

But if it’s about being first then the notion of a nation of immigrants is turned on its head as well because someone has a more valid claim than the next group of losers the federal government seeks to import.

Reduction to the absurd.

McCallum

pakfanistan
    Participant

But if it’s about being first then the notion of a nation of immigrants is turned on its head as well because someone has a more valid claim than the next group of losers the federal government seeks to import.

Au contraire

IYAFYL

McCallum
    Participant

Make mine a double.

McCallum

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Day 25 … since election day….

Durham County Republicans are pissed off over the forced recount… according to local reports….

Among other things, they are having to hire 50 Temps @$13/hr == $35,000 and wondering who’s paying that bill…
    Remember, the Chairman and the majority of the Election Board in Durham and at the State level are Republicans.

Pat loses anyway it goes….

Why not?

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    TheCOWDOG

I shall attempt to voice an opinion as eloquently, with thought, as I am equipt to do. Hang on, for Adventuroo has nothing on me, when I wish to put’er in gear.

Politics is fu#kin’ stupid. Belief in same is even stupider.

Adventuroo
    Participant

CD,

We both post on another site and the owner sometimes disses me and says that I have Navajo bloodlines as I write in “code”. I don’t know….but would balk at being like Fauxahontis Warren…and use some “non detectable” DNA strain to PROVE my Native American roots for my own personal gain and get an entrance into an ivy league school as a “minority”. Besides, I am as fair skinned as the proverbial Snow White and have the Basal Carcinoma scars to prove such.

“I shall attempt to voice an opinion as eloquently, with thought, as I am equipt to do. Hang on, for Adventuroo has nothing on me, when I wish to put’er in gear.”

Maybe you could translate and save me the bother of sending it to my Navajo Code Talker friend in Monument Valley, Clint, the brave of light. Exactly what are you putting in gear….a car, your computer or brain?

I sort of lost your message….For a moment, I thought you were referring to Joe Biden drag racing Colin Powell. Joe has a restored C2 and Powell has a current 460 HP C7 Z51 Vette. Biden told him he could take him any day WITHOUT a head start….RIGHT.

Don’t dispute that Politics brings OUT stupidity, especially in some folks…..especially the enlightened ones that will NOT read any fair and balanced and researched (documented) article that did NOT appear on CNN, MSNBC, MSM, PBS, WP, NYT, etc. I will not label those as “stupid”….they fall into the basket of “ist” as in Elitists….who are superior in their intellect and everything that they do is “For the Children”.

Said Children are NOW the Snowflakes that will one day wake up and have to deal with issues such as you have….Some of your scrapes with coaches that were the “Toxic Male Dominant” personality would have lead to permanent injuries (or lack of teeth) if you had been of the “Snowflake” mindset…..

Picturing you as a SNOWFLAKE is the funniest image that I have seen in my mind lately….I want the TV and screenplay rights to that…

TheCOWDOG

^
    Chill. Sarcasm is oft a notion of flattery.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

it’s late… fruit of the vine… or stronger…
    makes the keyboard dance incoherently …

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

WRAL reporting…

As of Sunday night, 53,000 votes had been recounted and the report said that Democrat Roy Cooper has picked up three votes while McCrory has lost one vote while the overall vote tally dropped by two.

Good night… Pat.

Viewing 25 posts - 326 through 350 (of 511 total)
  • The topic ‘NC Political Predictions’ is closed to new replies.