Your Pre-Equinox "Hope Springs Eternal" minimal effort Bball at 'Cuse thread.

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Your Pre-Equinox "Hope Springs Eternal" minimal effort Bball at 'Cuse thread.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    choppack1
    Participant

Freeman is showing incredible heart out there. What a teammate.

Good effort tonight. Then again under gott effort is usually there.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Ya’ll been having fun… I see…

Hooked the radio to battery on my 140 today….
    planted another 1/2 mile of Taters….

at least I GOTT something positive done..

Ya’ll know anything ’bout Fingerling Taters???

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    choppack1
    Participant

You’re a sick man bill. Oh, you said fingerling.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Once again, an opposing player has a career high game….

BJD95
    Keymaster

LMAO, chop. My brain went there, too.

Reminder of what’s at stake midweek. BC would be the first side in the post-WWII era EVER to go winless in the conference in footy and hoops for the same academic year.

That’s right, Northwestern never did it. Nor TCU. Nor Kansas State. We. Can’t. Screw. That. Up.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I saw a stat yesterday…can’t remember if it was during our game or on college game day or whatever…stating that in football and basketball this year, when not playing one another, Wake and BC are a combined 1 and 42 in conference play.

BJD95
    Keymaster

And of course, the source of that “1” being…

Wufpacker
    Participant

And of course, the source of that “1” being…

Yup.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Talk about “sick”….
    some of ya’ll might need to wash your hands….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    choppack1
    Participant

We’re like Anthony Michael-Hall in 16 Candles..”King of the Dipsh…”

Yes Adventuroo – another career day by another opposing player, which is surprising since we were told that defense would be the strength of this team.

choppack1
    Participant

I think this article is pretty insightful as to why we struggle on the defensive end of the floor. When your players have this kind of impression, it gives an idea of where the passion of the coach resides.
    http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/nc-state/article44562573.html

Rick
    Keymaster

Yeah that article says a lot. Gott’s priority is not defense and the team knows it.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Seriously…why are we not shutting Frenchie down at this point?

Because that would start the fears and speculations that he was going to transfer.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

I think the coaches should let every contributing player rest until the ACCT and just play walk-ons and Kirk, then see how the team does in the tourney with rest. Might not make a difference, but it couldn’t hurt either way. Except possibly giving BC their only conference win of the year. Speaking of that; we didn’t have a banner year in either sport, but we can all thank our lucky stars we’re not BC. What a downer of a sports year for them. I don’t know how their hockey is, though, so maybe it’s not all bad for them.

TheCOWDOG

So, are you prepared for Bennett style basketball, or not?

Even our good friend Beej was ready to slit his wrist whenever that name came up.

(Sorry, Man, you must own it, like we all own our individual proclomtaions from time to time.)

The thing is…D ain’t ever gonna be the focus again for the overwhelming majority of coaches. Until the next wave of the game, that is.

choppack1
    Participant

Cow – I am not interested in how the next coach does it. If we can win Paul westphaul style – fine. I also am a big believer in basic fundamentals… Among those are boxing out and having an offense that doesn’t look like basic ISO’s.

However, I have thought that what keeps Gott’s teams from being great is their D. Specifically if we forced more to’s or did a better job on the defensive boards, that should probably be enough.

I don’t have a pitchfork out or anything. I am a big believer in earning things based on merit and Gott has earned next year.

TheCOWDOG

^ Agreed. Find me some HS coaches and AAU flunkies that are of similar thought.

tractor57
    Participant

Chop – Paul Westhead?

Even K has backed off a bit on a defensive focus. Not a fan of no defense but I can understand the trend.

choppack1
    Participant

Well cow – there’s that.

Tractor – thank you, you’re correct.

Regarding Coach K – I think part of it is having the kids only for 1 year.

You guys bring up a good point about d though. And golden state certainly isn’t known for defense. And really I am not sure what to say other than that in a day and age where it is being de-emphasized, we are still bad enough that it’s a bad thing.

Tau837
    Participant

^Actually, Golden State is known as a very good defensive team.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Speaking of the Warriors, did anyone watch that game against the Thunder last night? It was one of the best finishes I’ve seen in a long time. Curry is amazing, but Kevin Durrant also hit some clutch shots. GS got to OT because of their end game play and defense, forcing a turnover by NOT fouling KD on the inbounds and making him pass the ball. Then Curry’s 35ft 3 to win was a thing of beauty. The kid lives in the moment. All the oldsters crying about the good old days need to take a seat. He’s the real deal.

tractor57
    Participant

I missed the game but did catch some video clips today. Today in the NBA I watch 2 teams – GS and the Spurs.

tractor57
    Participant

Chop I’m thinking the same here. K has adjusted to the current situation.

TheCOWDOG

Make shots…win games.
    It transcends generations.

tractor57
    Participant

Agreed SA plays some very good defense but that is quite different from the college game. Much higher talent level, somewhat different rules.

Viewing 25 posts - 101 through 125 (of 131 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.